Sponsored

What is the best winch for my Jeep Gladiator 2020? Winch installation and Warranty.

MilesDavis

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Police officer
Hi Everyone.

I'd like to get a winch installed as my first mod and was wondering how you fellow jeepers went about installing a winch while still maintaining your vehicle factory warranty? What size winch should I get?

I looked into the Internet and find a nice list. I think that I should probably choose any of this - https://jeepequipment.com/12000-lb-winches (I am thinking about buying a Smittybit 97412 XRC.)

I'm keen on getting a Warn winch.

Would love some advice and guidance.

Regards.

Jeep Gladiator What is the best winch for my Jeep Gladiator 2020? Winch installation and Warranty. 2
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I vote for the Badlands Apex 12000lb winch. You can purchase the 2yr no questions asked warranty from harbor freight. It was easy to install and I love how it looks. I got mine for $400 bit it's normally $523 out the door with a wireless remote and it's submersible. Here is a picture, it's probably the best bang for your buck IMO. Synthetic line and weighs around 68lbs

Jeep Gladiator What is the best winch for my Jeep Gladiator 2020? Winch installation and Warranty. 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200619193653437_COVER

Jeep Gladiator What is the best winch for my Jeep Gladiator 2020? Winch installation and Warranty. IMG_20200603_204148

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
MilesDavis

MilesDavis

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Police officer
I prefer Warn, but there are a lot of options available, many less expensive.

If warranty is a big issue, get a winch from the dealer. It will cost a lot more, but it should be a Warn.
https://store.mopar.com/accessories...oad_accessories-winches/winch_P5160095AC.html

You'll also need a new bumper to mount it. This is one option, available from the dealer.
https://store.mopar.com/accessories...f_road_bumper/off_road_bumper_82215691AD.html
Thank you so much. Looks like I have my work cutout.
Have you have a cheaper option available ?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
As far as warranty goes, I've ran winches on 4 different Jeep's and never had a problem with the winch or a different bumper voiding a warranty. Had warranty work done on my Transmission in my heavily modded JKU and they never questioned anything.

Sponsored

Walldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Congrats on the new JT and good luck with your search. I have always had good luck with Warn.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Warn 9.5XP is hard to beat for something the size of our JT’s...

Jeep Gladiator What is the best winch for my Jeep Gladiator 2020? Winch installation and Warranty. DE68E38F-5D61-4CB1-8E2F-D03BC2A55806

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much. Looks like I have my work cutout.
Have you have a cheaper option available ?
I got a Warn VR-8S winch off of Ebay for about a third of what Jeep charges for their winch. I installed a Curt front receiver and got a Curt receiver mount for the winch. I used a Warn wiring kit with the plugs so it is removable.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The 9.5xp is said to have the best motor around. Is this true?
From what I’ve been told, yes. I bought mine back in 2006, and never used it. It sat new in the box until I got my JTR. I had 2 of them, and sold one to my dad about 8 years ago to put on his 2008 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins. It has pulled his truck out a few times (without breaking a sweat), and that truck weighs more than the winch is rated for. They say the old/original 9.5XP (like mine) were as strong as a 12K, but have high-speed gearboxes for hardcore off-roading where fast recoveries can be the “life or death” of your vehicle.

Sponsored

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Jeep Gladiator What is the best winch for my Jeep Gladiator 2020? Winch installation and Warranty. 32789CEF-417B-4058-9F69-6509DD60FD1E

I went with the Warn VR EVO 12-s. It’s only been on the Jeep for two days, so I haven’t had a chance to use it yet.
What bumper is that? It’s CLEAN!

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
What bumper is that? It’s CLEAN!
It’s the ACE Engineering stubby. I waited almost six weeks for it to get here (back order), but I am VERY satisfied with the way it came together.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
You have the factory plastic bumper. You can theoretically reinforce it and mount a winch, or put a front hitch on it and mount a winch.

However, the best solution is to replace teh bumper. If you go aftermarket bumper, get one that comes with a built-in winch plate. If you get the factory steel bumper, you'll need a winch plate.

I'd do that for your first mod. Then look at winches for Labor Day / Prime Day sales. Look for synthetic rope versus steel cable. More expensive, but safer.

Do you have the aux switches? If you do, the smart thing to do is to get a solenoid/power interrupter and wire it between the winch and battery so you can reduce the risk of fire by having a permanently powered winch.

Check out all the winch install threads and you can see how it all goes together.
Sponsored