First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Does anyone know if there are direction with it or is it pretty self explanatory?

OP
OP
BradWatson8541

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado to be traded for a JT
Serious question.....
When did Jeep guys start having it “installed” by the dealer?
I must be getting old because I do it myself. Always thought that was part of the whole Jeep thing. Self-sufficient. Seems like the trails are full of folks just throwing dollars at everything.
Not to be negative, but more to light a fire under lazy folks to do it yourself and not just fill the trails with bought rigs built by mechanics.
You can build it, install it, or ask for help to learn it and then help the next guy.
That’s the Jeep thing.
(And it does not void the part warranty to install yourself)
The quote i got from my dealer was through the roof so i will not be going with that option. Ordered the lift last week and it will be here tomorrow. ordered the JT on 5-2-2019... will hopefully be here by Christmas. I think you're absolutely right in doing it yourself and i am leaning heavily on that option, but i haven never done it and hopefully i can find someone close to help or maybe some YouTube tutorials.

Deleted member 23202

The quote i got from my dealer was through the roof so i will not be going with that option. Ordered the lift last week and it will be here tomorrow. ordered the JT on 5-2-2019... will hopefully be here by Christmas. I think you're absolutely right in doing it yourself and i am leaning heavily on that option, but i haven never done it and hopefully i can find someone close to help or maybe some YouTube tutorials.
Where are you? Reach out in your local area forums. I’m sure someone will help. Hey, they might even have air tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

OP
OP
BradWatson8541

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will definitely do that when the time comes. I just need them to ship my damn truck first...

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
What's the quote you got? How much the charge per hour?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Can easily be done in your own garage.
Need good floor Jack, Jack stands, an assortment of wrenches and sockets and a breaker bar. Air tools make it easier but not necessary if you don't have them. Watch videos and do a little reading. This isn't rocket science. I'm far from a mechanic and after I installed mine on my JL I installed 3 more on JLs and 1 on my daughter's JK. Don't be intimidated. You will learn a lot about your Jeep in the process and you will feel a sense of accomplishment as well as relief when you are finished.

OP
OP
BradWatson8541

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the quote you got? How much the charge per hour?
$2445 was what i was quoted for the lift and the install. I just purchased the lift for $1275 with free shipping.

OP
OP
BradWatson8541

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Trauma PA you are right, I think i will be spending the next couple weeks waiting for it to get here doing my research.

Sponsored

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
$2445 was what i was quoted for the lift and the install. I just purchased the lift for $1275 with free shipping.
may i ask where you got your mopar 2" lift from? thats a great price

OP
OP
BradWatson8541

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase

Deleted member 23202

Can easily be done in your own garage.
Need good floor Jack, Jack stands, an assortment of wrenches and sockets and a breaker bar. Air tools make it easier but not necessary if you don't have them. Watch videos and do a little reading. This isn't rocket science. I'm far from a mechanic and after I installed mine on my JL I installed 3 more on JLs and 1 on my daughter's JK. Don't be intimidated. You will learn a lot about your Jeep in the process and you will feel a sense of accomplishment as well as relief when you are finished.
....And you will have intimate knowledge and mental pics of your underside. It will help you crawl like your following dotted lines.
...Of course, you could take a lot of the fun out by having someone install cameras.
I like feeling like a Zen Master in symbiosis with my Gladiator.

Deleted member 23202

I like to imagine going over all the obstacles in front as I see them pass under as if through a glass floor.
Sponsored