Which bed cover do you guys recommend?

Dcoins

First Name
Donald Coins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I in reference to the Mopar three panel cover, I agree, in fact I first had my dealer install the Mopar three panel cover. Once on the product didn’t fit properly and the edges of the metal trim were unfinished or even unpainted. It was as if the rushed to produce the product in order to get it to market as soon as they could.
At the end of the day, it made my truck look cheap, so I told them to take it off.

You get what you pay for and the extra cost for the look and fit was worth every penny...
Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I in reference to the Mopar three panel cover, I agree, in fact I first had my dealer install the Mopar three panel cover. Once on the product didn’t fit properly and the edges of the metal trim were unfinished or even unpainted. It was as if the rushed to produce the product in order to get it to market as soon as they could.
At the end of the day, it made my truck look cheap, so I told them to take it off.

You get what you pay for and the extra cost for the look and fit was worth every penny...
I like the rolling cover you have but i have one question for you. How easily can you remove the entire cover? I understand that you don’t lose much bed space with it but if I ever wanted every inch of space how easy is that to do? One of the main reasons I decided to try the Rugged ridge cover is because I can have the cover entirely off in 10 seconds.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Bak Revolver X4. I wanted a hardtop to secure items while on trips or running simple shopping errands when all the doors/roof is open. So far I’ve been very happy with the cover, I wanted a rolling cover to not block my view when it was open.

The install instructions sucked, but it fits well after spending a little time.

When you roll it closed it can be easy for the cover to end up slightly off centered at the tailgate and a slight tug left or right drops it into place for me and closes easily. If it’s out of alignment it either won’t close or requires too much force, it should be easy.

I haven’t been through a storm yet, but I’d guess some water will still get in, but infinitely better than when I didn’t have a cover and had luggage back there. I’ll still travel with some water resistant bags to add some more protection.

70234B81-528B-4299-83C1-908EB5B2B4CF.jpeg

EE8D92ED-A03A-4A60-BA94-3144DE67C3D4.jpeg

338C00FB-72E0-42CE-AD6B-6E09EB765FE9.jpeg

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I went with the Bak Revolver X4. I wanted a hardtop to secure items while on trips or running simple shopping errands when all the doors/roof is open. So far I’ve been very happy with the cover, I wanted a rolling cover to not block my view when it was open.

The install instructions sucked, but it fits well after spending a little time.

When you roll it closed it can be easy for the cover to end up slightly off centered at the tailgate and a slight tug left or right drops it into place for me and closes easily. If it’s out of alignment it either won’t close or requires too much force, it should be easy.

I haven’t been through a storm yet, but I’d guess some water will still get in, but infinitely better than when I didn’t have a cover and had luggage back there. I’ll still travel with some water resistant bags to add some more protection.

Jeep Gladiator Which bed cover do you guys recommend? zWnoMs

No tapered end on this one like people are having problems with on the Rugged Ridge one?

Sponsored

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No tapered end on this one like people are having problems with on the Rugged Ridge one?
It all lined up for me, I ordered mine in like April or early May and it took forever to get it in due to covid shutdowns. I was told by them that most of this has some custom build element. Like I think they use some of the same pieces and cut or adjust, I’m thinking a lot of the bed cover companies do this and if it’s close enough to another model, maybe that causes some issues.

I think people who ordered right when the trucks out probably experienced more issues with fit as well. I know that on my 1 of 1 sample, I didn’t have issues with tapering. The Bak revolver x4 uses a rail system where each slat sits in it the whole length of the bed, so I think if it tapered, you probably would come out of those slots or not be able to close it.

Dcoins

First Name
Donald Coins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I like the rolling cover you have but i have one question for you. How easily can you remove the entire cover? I understand that you don’t lose much bed space with it but if I ever wanted every inch of space how easy is that to do? One of the main reasons I decided to try the Rugged ridge cover is because I can have the cover entirely off in 10 seconds.
I’m sorry, I don’t know how long it would take to remove the cover. The dealer my be able to answer the question for you.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like your bed extender, what is the brand and model number?
Thank you,
I have an AMP-74802-01A - AMP Research Bed X-Tender HD Sport that I bought for my 2018 Tacoma, I was able to make it work with the Gladiator by purchasing a new $12/part 74608-01A.

This is the Gladiator specific model https://www.amp-research.com/amp-re...max-u-shape-design-for-maximum-cargo-capacity

It says that it doesn’t work with tonneau covers, but mine worked out. I just installed it so it was low enough.

Dcoins

First Name
Donald Coins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

Sponsored

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
We just installed the tyger soft roll bed cover. I like how it rolls all the way back. It was a very easy install. My hope is to get a diamondback next year. Or something else that will allow me to strap stuff on top of the cover. Here is a video of my kids doing the install. It really was that easy a 10 and 6 year old can do it!

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all;
I went into my local Jeep dealer before my trip. I was intent on getting the Mopar hard tri-fold bed cover. The parts guy said not to get it. The owner had one on his Gladiator, and the snaps broke and it wasn't well built. He said to go with the soft version instead. He gave it to me for $450.00 plus tax, which was cheaper than the other dealer I use, and I was like, score!

Installation was...interesting. The key thing was whether you had a Gen 1 (pre-March 2020), or Gen 2 (post-March 2020) Gladiator. I had the Gen 1, so all that was required was a couple bolts, a smaller screw for each side...and screws for the tailgate area brackets.

Prep: you had to cut the bed cap plastic at the scribed lines. Not a big deal, I just used tin-snips. You also had to remove the Line-X spray from the bolt holes and area where the front brackets went. Well, I didn't have thread chasers. I ended up using a flapper disc on my 4" grinder and removed the stuff, and that allowed me to use a small screwdriver to pick away at the Line-X inside the first 1-2 threads without damaging them.

Once that was accomplished, it went on fairly easily and quickly.

Overall, I'm impressed. I drove 2000 miles this past weekend. Friday the 15th, I was in a blizzard, then 30+ mph straight-line headwinds. The cover was flapping a bit at the tailgate...especially with the 60+ gusts (I almost lost my bicycle once). The truck bed inside was dry, with no issues. I like the look of it, and folding it up and out of the way was a piece of cake. I would highly recommend the Mopar soft tri-fold!

20210114_132259.jpg

20210114_132304.jpg

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I looked around for a long time and ended up purchasing the Truck Cover USA American Roll Cover. Personally I think it’s the best looking cover out there. It’s low profile and won’t deteriorate after time like a vinyl or canvas top will.

Jeep Gladiator Which bed cover do you guys recommend? 20210114_132304

Jeep Gladiator Which bed cover do you guys recommend? 20210114_132304
DC, Beautiful cover. Can you show some pictures of it rolled up please? From the same angle and also from the back with the tailgate down?

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I got the Bestop trifold cover and am not impressed with it. Looks cheaply made when it comes to details. I would not recommend it.

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
I started with the Mopar hard tri fold and was REALLY disappointed - looked nice, built very flimsy, unfinished edges as other have stated and over-all quality was very sad for the price. I finally switched to a Diamond back which I had on my Tundra and it just looks so cool!!

Jeep Gladiator Which bed cover do you guys recommend? 1611277371510
Sponsored