Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
The big difference and you pay for it, are that the ARBs, Dometics, and a few others out there are made to take the abuse of off-roading where your cheaper options are not. So if you are just going pound pavement, you can probably get away with most. But if the fridge will be exposed to rough roads, dust, water, and other elements, then spend the money once. Me personally, I own 3 ARBs. A 38qt in my YJ, 50qt in my wife's Grand Cherokee and I just picked up a ZERO 73qt Dual Zone for the Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper build.
Sponsored

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Domestic 75dz. It’s nice to have separate sides to freeze or just cool. It cools down quick and keeps its temp pretty well. I wish I would have gone down one size though so my passenger seat was not all the way up.

CD341C4D-4E99-42F0-B1D2-F9B27626ADB8.jpeg

5345146F-07BB-4B0D-9D4C-A1CB6B10B0B7.jpeg

OP
OP
Dmc

Dmc

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I guess I go with one a little more expensive. It will be bouncing around in the bed. I just put on the diamondback cover so I’ll be limited to size as I don’t want to put it in the bed. Looks like I only have a little over 17” of space. Probably means I’m looking at something under 40 quarts.

JT850

First Name
Derp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2006 TJ Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
spend money I dont have on my jeep
I got an ICECO VL45 recently. This thing is tough. The outside is all metal...very sturdy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dmc

Dmc

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
It fits.
Jeep Gladiator Which Fridge? A56A5C2B-93CF-444E-AA51-364EA14E71A2

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
I'm going to try out the alpicool cf45. $250 ish

if it fails ill get a dometic but this one is used by tons of van dwellers so I'm willing to give it a shot.

OP
OP
Dmc

Dmc

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to try out the alpicool cf45. $250 ish

if it fails ill get a dometic but this one is used by tons of van dwellers so I'm willing to give it a shot.
I was worried the cf45 would be to tall. The jp40 is 17.5” and I have a little wiggle room, but not a lot.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Check out the Blizzard fridge at Costco, goes on sale every so often for $200 off. Couple people use them here, it has some nice features like low power draw, lid that opens from either end or comes off, I think measurements are
16”x16”x32”. It is the way I’m going when I need one…..Jack
This is what I have and use. Highly recommend!
Not only do we use it for Overlanding but going to our beach house or Costco. My wife loves it!

Freddie J

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
American Coach
Occupation
Electrician
Hey, I used this fridge during a trip with one of my friends a year back. But, I felt that the temperature control was at the back, so I needed to adjust it. That's the only problem I felt with this. I’ve been searching a lot around the web and on this forum, but I’m still in a confusion. Me and my wife are going for our first three-week road trip in a few weeks. So we are looking for a fridge. One of my friends has suggested a fridge that he has used for years. I also got few good opinions of the fridge from this forum along with my friend's suggestion. But, I need a few more suggestions and true reviews for comparison because I can't take a risk to waste money. I plan to charge the fridge from my FJ Cruiser’s 12v plug and to keep the car turned on overnight. Your suggestions are invited.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dmc

Dmc

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
So far my iceco fridge works fine. The wife uses it frequently for runs to the grocery store. She goes to different stores for different things and now doesn’t have to return home between or take a cooler.

it does not have the fancy Bluetooth option, but I just want it to work, and it does so far.

AverageDad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations
Mine fits under my trifold tonneau but not with my slide...So until I find a solution to A. secure my fridge and B. have it slide out, it's not permanently mounted in the bed for right now. And I picked up the little 4 gang panel on Amazon with a switch, voltmeter, usb, and 12v plug and just ran 10ga to the battery and it's working great.
I haven’t bought a fridge yet as I am thinking about power. I am thinking of doing what you did except running it to a second battery and using a solar panel to keep that battery charged.

Solar panel: https://www.cascadia4x4.com/product...8-present-vss-system-80-watt-hood-solar-panel

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hey, I used this fridge during a trip with one of my friends a year back. But, I felt that the temperature control was at the back, so I needed to adjust it. That's the only problem I felt with this. I’ve been searching a lot around the web and on this forum, but I’m still in a confusion. Me and my wife are going for our first three-week road trip in a few weeks. So we are looking for a fridge. One of my friends has suggested a fridge that he has used for years. I also got few good opinions of the fridge from this forum along with my friend's suggestion. But, I need a few more suggestions and true reviews for comparison because I can't take a risk to waste money. I plan to charge the fridge from my FJ Cruiser’s 12v plug and to keep the car turned on overnight. Your suggestions are invited.
I use a 500 watt lithium power station to run my cfx3 overnight or when the truck isn't on. I recommend getting a 12 volt regulated one.
Sponsored