Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I read most of the manual the first few days, but refer back to it as needed. I agree about the manuals being tailored to each model. It's got to cost a lot of money to make and keep these things up to date, but that is all in proportion to the cost and complexity of these machines.

I much prefer actual paper to pdf. I keep hearing about the "search function" - they used to call it an index, and any reference book worth its price should have a thorough one.

That being said the manual isn't all encompassing, and this forum helps to fill in the blanks. I could not find out what the holes directly behind the tie-downs near the cab are for. Still don't know.
Is this it?
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/drain-holes-for-rugged-ridge-hard-cover.38286/
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Yep, those are the holes and I'm still using them for drainage, but I never could find anything "official" that said what they were for.
Those are also the drain holes for the Mopar installed hard tonneau cover.

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Uf
Heck mine is laying on passenger seat and I've tabbed pages. I have a PDF copy on my phone too. I'm even looking for a Chilton's manual on it, the Hains is just good for starting a fire IMHO.
Unfortunately you will not find a printed manual anymore, it is only offered online through a subscription. There is a thread on this forum for this exact thing as I have been looking for one as well. I will be be getting the USB version of the maintenance manual once it gets closer to actual delivery of my gladiator.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
If I was shopping for a '21 and found one I liked I would ask the dealership to grab a hard copy from one of the '20 models they had left on the lot. Maybe they would say no but it can't hurt to ask.

When I bought mine the salesman was pretty green. I asked him to show me the hard top bag and he jammed up the zipper trying to get it open. Instead of fussing with it I just asked him to grab a new bag from one of the trucks still on the lot.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I may have thrown mine away since paper is pretty useless, but if I still have it I'd give it away to anyone who wants it. I'll search the truck in case I stashed it instead of tossing it.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Blade1668 said: Heck mine is laying on passenger seat and I've tabbed pages. I have a PDF copy on my phone too. I'm even looking for a Chilton's manual on it, the Hains is just good for starting a fire IMHO.
Uf
Unfortunately you will not find a printed manual anymore, it is only offered online through a subscription. There is a thread on this forum for this exact thing as I have been looking for one as well. I will be be getting the USB version of the maintenance manual once it gets closer to actual delivery of my gladiator.
Do you mean you can't get Chilton's in paper any more, or the Gladiator manual itself?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Uf

That's interesting to hear, I would not be surprised with other manufacturers not including a hard copy but not for a "off-road based vehicle. I'd be asking for one still and would check with Jeep corporate before I give up on a hard copy. I read that before and seen that to be incorrect. Just that someone has removed it. AKA took it. Just like all that don't have the tool kit or a jack. (Jeep's)
A service manual is not the same thing or close situation.
The owners manuals have been collectables especially for mint condition. Probably what got Ebay up and running with all the N.O.S. being sold... ;)

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
My 2020 KTM 390 Adventure (Jeep of bikes) came only with a PDF. This is how it should be, and will be. I spent some time with both the Gladiator and the bike out in the desert reviewing the PDF and trying things out. The Jeep also even has a copy of the manual in the radio if you got the 8.4.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's interesting to hear, I would not be surprised with other manufacturers not including a hard copy but not for a "off-road based vehicle. I'd be asking for one still and would check with Jeep corporate before I give up on a hard copy. I read that before and seen that to be incorrect. Just that someone has removed it. AKA took it. Just like all that don't have the tool kit or a jack. (Jeep's)
A service manual is not the same thing or close situation.
The owners manuals have been collectables especially for mint condition. Probably what got Ebay up and running with all the N.O.S. being sold... ;)
I got a printed manual with mine in a nice green Jeep drawstring bag. The dealer said for a while they stopped including them but there was enough demand they started including them with new Jeeps again. I'll have to look at my wife's '21 and see if she got the print version as well.

Online manuals are worthless when you are out in the sticks with no internet and that's still a huge chunk of the country.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Online manuals are worthless when you are out in the sticks with no internet and that's still a huge chunk of the country.
LOL, seriously? It's downloaded to my iPad, phone, and notebook. Totally accessible everywhere and everywhere. And my notes and bookmarks from one automagically transfer to all of them. And there's a copy inside the radio in the 8.4.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, seriously? It's downloaded to my iPad, phone, and notebook. Totally accessible everywhere and everywhere. And my notes and bookmarks from one automagically transfer to all of them. And there's a copy inside the radio in the 8.4.
Yeah, when you are out with only a phone - reading a PDF of 500 pages on a phone screen? But then as an iPhone user your phone is probably as big as my tablet.

Lucky you being perfect with perfect eyes LOL - can't wait until you get older.
. Even when I worked for the state, it was amazing how many people printed the PFD files and put them in binders for quick reference. (especially the IT staff)
So I'd say you are minority in that area.

Check some other posts in this thread - I didn't invent that line, I just repeated it here. ;-)

I checked, my wife's Jeep, a 2021 she's had for 3 months, has the full print version in the Jeep drawstring bag. Jeep is indeed still furnishing the full manual with vehicles.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I'm 55, with tri-focals, and the smallest phone I can get in a pro. But keep trying.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Look, I get that you are totally into electronic tech. But not all of us are. I still carry a flip phone, and have no desire to carry a "smart" phone for a variety of reasons.

Not sure yet what I will do when flip phones are no longer manufactured or supported.