Who steps into and out of their vehicle the same way?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I’m not really envisioning it right from the pictures. I’m going to need them to come demonstrate this in person. :LOL:
i'm more of a "hands on" learner myself :CWL:

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Between that, truck nuts and some eyelashes on the headlamps the only thing I’d be missing would be a mane and a tail. But that’s a little too cowboy, like Canadian tuxedo and broken backs cowboy.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Between that, truck nuts and some eyelashes on the headlamps the only thing I’d be missing would be a mane and a tail. But that’s a little too cowboy, like Canadian tuxedo and broken backs cowboy.
this reminded me to make another thought provoking thread.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:surprised:Say what!!!!! They don’t??? :surprised:
trouble is, i think i'm the one putting pants on not one leg at a time in this scenario. lol

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I noticed my buddy the other day gets into his truck with his left hand on the door, left foot on ground, steps with right leg into the truck. When he gets out he does the same in reverse. Puts left hand on door, left foot on ground, then right leg out of truck facing the dash, like when he got in. It made it much easier for him to squeeze out while parked closer to another car.

I've never thought of this but I get into my van with left hand on door, right hand on wheel, left foot on ground, swing right leg in. BUT.................... When I get out, I swivel my body to face the door opening, put right hand on wheel/door, leave right foot on sill, then step down with left foot. One con to doing this is I smash the side bolster of my seat and the seam has started to split.

My friend thought i was nuts. I think i do this cuz i'm 5'7" and hes 6'1".

My point being, when I get a JT and put bigger tires on it, and perhaps a lift i'll be much farther from the ground, so a step would be nice, but the RSE step is so narrow, whereas the Amp Research one is like 3" wide. I wonder if i'll continue to get out the way i do, or change my ingress/egress alltogether to more like climbing a ladder. I would never climb down a ladder with my heels on the rungs, so why do I do that now getting in and out of taller vehicles?

I won't buy somthing until i get the JT and test things out, but i wondered if any of you have noticed this, or what you do to get in and out. :movember:
Aggghhh! What ha e you done???? I am now paying attention to all folks go in and out of their vehicle!!! I wish I have not read this!!!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bored hell, this is full on delaminated. One can only ponder the fate of each and every JT being built today..

originalabandonedjeep.jpg

fermwall037-1.jpg

JunkYard008.jpg

customWillys.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

30faa5fac1d38837f0218344d1d19c8a--jeep-shop-jeep-gladiator.jpg

81053660.jpg

abandoned-jeep-joseph-weiss.jpg

abandoned-jeep-sharon-williams.jpg
sad, but also beautiful if you're into rusty old trucks.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
I noticed my buddy the other day gets into his truck with his left hand on the door, left foot on ground, steps with right leg into the truck. When he gets out he does the same in reverse. Puts left hand on door, left foot on ground, then right leg out of truck facing the dash, like when he got in. It made it much easier for him to squeeze out while parked closer to another car.

I've never thought of this but I get into my van with left hand on door, right hand on wheel, left foot on ground, swing right leg in. BUT.................... When I get out, I swivel my body to face the door opening, put right hand on wheel/door, leave right foot on sill, then step down with left foot. One con to doing this is I smash the side bolster of my seat and the seam has started to split.

My friend thought i was nuts. I think i do this cuz i'm 5'7" and hes 6'1".

My point being, when I get a JT and put bigger tires on it, and perhaps a lift i'll be much farther from the ground, so a step would be nice, but the RSE step is so narrow, whereas the Amp Research one is like 3" wide. I wonder if i'll continue to get out the way i do, or change my ingress/egress alltogether to more like climbing a ladder. I would never climb down a ladder with my heels on the rungs, so why do I do that now getting in and out of taller vehicles?

I won't buy somthing until i get the JT and test things out, but i wondered if any of you have noticed this, or what you do to get in and out. :movember:
I have a lifted JK with RSE slider steps. Getting in and out are two different actions. Left foot on the step, right foot in the cab on the way in, turn to face the door and slide out

The narrow steps on the RSE never bothered me. To me that's a non issue fwiw.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a lifted JK with RSE slider steps. Getting in and out are two different actions. Left foot on the step, right foot in the cab on the way in, turn to face the door and slide out

The narrow steps on the RSE never bothered me. To me that's a non issue fwiw.
don't have a problem getting the back of your pants dirty like Sorbs pointed out?