Sponsored

Who would be interested in a two door Gladiator?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Same here, 4-doors are a waste. Not quite to the "money to burn" stage yet, but I'm working on it.

Problem I see is that Jeep hasn't quite figured out that they're core audience isn't quite right in the head anyways. Cheers fellow nutjobs! If they gave us the option, we would take the bait. "Jeeple" (kudos to that douche, I'll own it) are a rare breed, the market is small by default. The margin on the JT, even though it is admittedly overpriced, would never justify any level of retooling outside small panels and plug-and-play options that can be fitted on the established Unlimited platform as per the day's manufacturing schedule in Toledo. Besides, the Fiat in them is too busy making gumdrops that sell extremely well. The fact that the JT is only available in two engines, one of which requires the additional automatic tranny only, shows that catering to us lugnuts isn't high on their priorities list. That's fine, we all know they're not in it for their health or to save the planet. Respect. But, if releasing images of that 2-door green beauty was to test the waters, I wonder how many responses read, "Awesome! When will it be available in a 4-door?"

I think more than a 2-door extended cab, I want more engine/transmission/t-case/rear end options. Seeing that Mopar supplies a massive portion of the aftermarket and most of my paycheck will end up with FCA in the end, I think I'd want the option of a completely BASE model with a la carte options more than anything they can throw at me that I'd feel is a compromise to get whatever the hell I want. I WANTED that green beast when I first saw it, patience is gone and now a 4-door is on the way.

But if they come out with a 2-door extended cab next year, I'm gonna be really F#CKIN' pissed.
Amen brother! 2 door with 3/4 ton axles from a Ram and 6.4l hemi powertrain. The fact that FCA makes their entire product line damn near available with a hellcat motor tells you they don’t give flying F about cafe Standards or whatever. Build it and we will come!
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like one but it would be a problem for me as my Comanche is not enough leg room, no storage space behind the seats. Something I found to be a problem many times. But it was great that I could sleep in the bed. 4 of the large "Action Packers and two small ones fit or few 5 gallon gas cans. When I got my XJ the biggest thing I found was leg room and could lay down the seat. Heck my LJ rear seat is gone, I pulled it out 15 years ago I removed the seat belts and floor brackets. No looking back for it. I wouldn't change over to the 2 door for a longer bed but I do like the look.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I would be like one with a 6 foot bed. Only wife and the dogs at home. kids are all over seas or in other states. Only use my back seat gets is we through a duffle back there. I would like the 6 foot bed for camping and hunting seasion.

Hristo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTM, 19 Subaru Outback, 05 LJ
I've been waiting for a Jeep pickup for years, but without a 2 door/6 foot bed combo, its been no sale for me. I like a lot about the Gladiator, and I've been tempted at times, but 4 doors are a waste for me, and ruin the break over angle.

A better option may be to buy a JL and remove the back seats so it functions similarly to my LJ, but I'd really like that JT payload capacity. Whatever I decide, I'm sure that Jeep will release a 2 door version right after I purchase lol.

Sponsored

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
I wanted a 2 door with a longer bed until I actually got one and realized the short bed is still incredibly capable.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
This.
With the half-width rear doors, and a 6-ft+ box.
Sign me up!

Kevin
This would be a great option, on the face of it. It has been discussed on this forum before. Some opinions expressed that FCA won't offer it, because not enough market for it. Most truck manufacturers have dropped the club cab style, presumably because the four-door pickups sell so much better.

If anyone can sell it, though, it would be Jeep.

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
I have a four door now. In 10 years I would want a 2 door for the next 20 years.

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
When I started driving only grandpas drove something with 4 doors. if you drove a 4 door you were driving your parents car. I still can't get used to "muscle cars with 4 doors. A 2 door Gladiator would have been my choice.

'i

JoshT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland, Chevy Colorado
That 2-door concept from '05 is what made me fall in love with the Gladiator. It's the only truck I've wanted since then. That being said, if they started producing 2-doors, I doubt I'd buy one. I'm happy with what I have.

Sponsored

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
They look cool in pictures, but I would much rather have options for power plants than go to 2 doors. Gimme the 3.6L, the ecodiesel, the 392, and turbo charged Hybrid options and I would be super happy. Also make them affordable. Adding $20k for a 392 makes no sense. They don't cost that much more to make. From all those options, I would take the turbo hybrid. Good gas mileage and great torque.

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I know I am probably an oddball here, but I would have been very interested in a 2 door extended cab with the 5' bed and a freedom panel hard top.

I prefer a shorter wheel base and turn radius.
I like the idea of having freedom panels with a short rear section that I can remove/install (hopefully solo) and be able to place in the bed under a tonneau cover.

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut
They look cool in pictures, but I would much rather have options for power plants than go to 2 doors. Gimme the 3.6L, the ecodiesel, the 392, and turbo charged Hybrid options and I would be super happy. Also make them affordable. Adding $20k for a 392 makes no sense. They don't cost that much more to make. From all those options, I would take the turbo hybrid. Good gas mileage and great torque.
I wonder if part of the cost for the 392 is to offset CAFE penalties.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Amen brother! 2 door with 3/4 ton axles from a Ram and 6.4l hemi powertrain. The fact that FCA makes their entire product line damn near available with a hellcat motor tells you they don’t give flying F about cafe Standards or whatever. Build it and we will come!
Easier to wish for a Ram Powerwagon with a stickshift. Heck if Ram had offered the powerwagon with the stick I'd probably be driving that right now instead.
Sponsored