Sponsored

Why did everyone decide their trim level (sport vs rubicon etc)?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Just curious why everyone decided on their trim level?

I was initially going to go all out and get a LE gladiator and then decided I could get a decently decked out max tow AND a new 2019 Honda Accord sport for about the same price. I ran the numbers and it made sense to me.

I definitely dig the Mojave’s, rubicons and LEs out there, but every time I see both my rides I don’t think twice about the decision. For the summer, I leave the gladiator garaged with doors/top removed etc, drive on the super nice days or when I need to use it as a truck, or just want to have fun driving it. Those days when it’s rainy or super super hot, or cold, I drive the accord. I’m doing about a 70/30 split miles wise accord/gladiator ratio. I do about 100 miles a day in commute so it just makes sense to me spreading the miles over both. To this day I get excited jumping in Both!

Anyone else go with a sport + another car vs higher end trim gladiator?

A329DB15-8C7A-4FD0-BC2E-096943169B92.jpeg

0E4494F9-3802-4651-AFF4-40E44B6B4A06.jpeg
Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I went Sport S Max Tow because it was the best bang for your buck IMO. A Rubicon with the same options was about $7k more and the only things I genuinely feel like I missed out on are lockers and the high clearance fenders. Those can be had for a little over half of that $7k later on.

Tall Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Super Trucker...
I went Overland North Edition because it was pretty much loaded up with options...A Rubicon was over kill for what I intend to do with my Jeep.. The dealer I bought from had a new Rubicon on the lot for less money, but it was a pretty stripped down model didn't have much for options.

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I found an Overland North edition that was optioned EXACTLY as if It was built to my specifications. I jumped on it before it was gone.

Sponsored

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Going with the Max Tow was a no-brainer for me. I have a 24' camper that weighs in at approx. 7,000lbs. I've already added Air Lift bags to the springs and plan on upgrading the rear sway bar when one becomes available. That said, I wish it had bigger tires and all the led lighting of the Rubicon and Overland models. NOTE: This pic was taken before I added the air bags,
Jeep Gladiator Why did everyone decide their trim level (sport vs rubicon etc)? IMG_0372

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I almost went with a sport max tow but there were features that you just couldn’t get outside of the rubicon (the overland trim was something I wasn’t considering).

I knew I wanted to take it off-road as much as possible so I wanted all the things the rubicon just had in it versus added them in Later.
Plus there were no max tows with any of the other options I wanted anywhere within about 500 miles of me.

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I built my jk as an overland rig. Had to regear. Add lockers. I didn’t get the 4:1 tcase which I wish I would have had. I had to add sliders and the price difference in the rubicon to turn my jk into almost a rubicon was a no brainer for me. There were two other factors. The rebates available to me during the covid brought my 58k build down 10k with further negotiating. So I was a great price. I would not have paid for color matched top of one had been available closer to my build specs but it is a head turner in red. The other is more emotional. I have owned Jeeps since 97. I have never allowed myself to splurge on a Rubi. So the stars all aligned. Some other things was the build as it set with leds, saddle leather, remote start / proximity and lane monitoring and 8.4. These were things I wanted. The fenders and top matching not so much. But like I said the price was right. And it feels good!

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious why everyone decided on their trim level?

I was initially going to go all out and get a LE gladiator and then decided I could get a decently decked out max tow AND a new 2019 Honda Accord sport for about the same price. I ran the numbers and it made sense to me.

I definitely dig the Mojave’s, rubicons and LEs out there, but every time I see both my rides I don’t think twice about the decision. For the summer, I leave the gladiator garaged with doors/top removed etc, drive on the super nice days or when I need to use it as a truck, or just want to have fun driving it. Those days when it’s rainy or super super hot, or cold, I drive the accord. I’m doing about a 70/30 split miles wise accord/gladiator ratio. I do about 100 miles a day in commute so it just makes sense to me spreading the miles over both. To this day I get excited jumping in Both!

Anyone else go with a sport + another car vs higher end trim gladiator?

Jeep Gladiator Why did everyone decide their trim level (sport vs rubicon etc)? IMG_0372

I wanted a truck to tow my sailboats, the sailboat I would like to get is an over 6000# wt. I had a convertible and wanted a convertible, so the my only choice was a Gladiator and he trim level I wanted was max tow. My impression of the levels has been the base/work, tow, commuter (overland), and off roader (Rubicon). At least that is how I've always thought of the trim levels.

Sponsored

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Plain Sport, with automatic. Because I don’t like the 4:1 transfer case or electric lockers or 4.10. I’ll upgrade to 4.88 with stronger axles and ARB lockers. I paid 36k out the door and will have less in mine total built the way I want over The Rubicon.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Rubicon because I could. No real reason.

If the Mojave was available when I bought I would own it. Love the hood scoop and prefer the orange accents to the red. Most of my off reading is at the beach so the rubi is a bit overkill.

The overland was never an option for me. Hate the running g boards and for a little more money put me into the rubi.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I went with a fully loaded Overland. The primary need is for street and highway driving, since I use it for work. I plan to do some off roading, but I'm 11 months and 9k miles in and haven't yet had time.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I picked the overland. It was loaded enough for what I need it for, and $20k less than the Rubicon. I just couldn't justify paying that much more when I am not really interested in off roading. Starting to have second thoughts about this purchase. The jeep dealer SUCKS, and my gladiators steering issues need to be addressed, and soon.