Why do Chrysler Dealerships hate Jeeps?

redline61

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I honestly didn't realize Chrysler was still a thing. haha I cannot remember the last time I saw a Chrysler that wasn't ancient.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bigcheeshead

bigcheeshead

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Did you ever take into account the payload rating? After all of that additional weight from the accessories do you have any payload capacity left over for yourself and a passenger? The added weight is just another stress on a number of the systems that you've had failures on. another reason for the dealer to say no.

However, I have to admit the rejection of your sun visor mount claim sounded pretty lame.
I hope you didn't show this picture to your service writer! :)
6200 curb weight vs 5,000 pounds stock.

OP
OP
bigcheeshead

bigcheeshead

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Ok- so we just do math differentā€¦ really itā€™s 23k in mods not 40k.

so looks like itā€™s time to start throwing money atmore mechanical pieces vs aesthetics.
Check out PSCā€™s full hydro assist kit. Try not to throw up itā€™s like $3200+ just parts.

then$2500 for some skids.
šŸŗšŸ‘šŸ¼ just want to seal the deal and help you to that $40k mark
LOL, this thread was suppose to be about the dealership warranty not about how much I spent :) But since you called me out, below is the spreadsheet with all the upgrades: currently at $40,150.97. Would've easily been 60K if I didn't do most of the work myself.

OP
OP
bigcheeshead

bigcheeshead

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Ok- so we just do math differentā€¦ really itā€™s 23k in mods not 40k.

so looks like itā€™s time to start throwing money atmore mechanical pieces vs aesthetics.
Check out PSCā€™s full hydro assist kit. Try not to throw up itā€™s like $3200+ just parts.

then$2500 for some skids.
šŸŗšŸ‘šŸ¼ just want to seal the deal and help you to that $40k mark

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
bigcheeshead

bigcheeshead

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity
šŸ˜¬ eesh. I mean you are 40k in on parts but havenā€™t upgraded to PSC hydro assist, 1.5 ton ends, aluminum drag links and tie rods. Still rocking factory axle housingsā€¦. Would really like to see the build sheet to know where the 40k went?? I suppose just different priorities? šŸ¤”

As far as the dealer? Brave my friend brave- I avoid them like cancer. I wouldnā€™t trust them with a factory vehicle, let alone one with that much thrown into itā€¦. They tend to screw up the basicsā€¦ šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø to each their own I suppose. I value my time- I want things fixed right and once the first time. I donā€™t have time for rain-deer games, pointing the finger at nonsense and getting out of most fixesā€¦. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
All of the things you've mentioned have been done minus PSC hydro which is on order. I've attached the build sheet to an earlier comment as well.

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
LOL, this thread was suppose to be about the dealership warranty not about how much I spent :) But since you called me out, below is the spreadsheet with all the upgrades: currently at $40,150.97. Would've easily been 60K if I didn't do most of the work myself.
You are going to love the PSC steering kit. Truly a game changer šŸŗ

re-reading my post I came off too Dick ishā€¦.Reviewing your actual list makes a lot more sense and I would agree you put money in the right placesā€¦. The post I quoted basically left it at basics plus aesthetics which seemed šŸ˜¬.
Solid build bro. Wasnā€™t trying to ā€œcall you outā€ but I see how it totally came off that way.

OP
OP
bigcheeshead

bigcheeshead

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity
You are going to love the PSC steering kit. Truly a game changer šŸŗ

re-reading my post I came off too Dick ishā€¦.Reviewing your actual list makes a lot more sense and I would agree you put money in the right placesā€¦. The post I quoted basically left it at basics plus aesthetics which seemed šŸ˜¬.
Solid build bro. Wasnā€™t trying to ā€œcall you outā€ but I see how it totally came off that way.
All good! I should've been more clear in the beginning. I did learn a few mistakes alone the way though:

1. Going with a spacer kit and then ripping it out. Should've gone with a full EVO lift kit from day one.
2. Adding spacers to the tires instead of buying rims with -18mm offset. What a difference!
3. Getting Fab Four full width fender and being forced to chop it due to rubbing.
4. Making it too heavy. Fab Fours bumper and fenders look good but they're super heavy. I also have to take off the front and sometimes rear fenders anytime I do serious wheeling because they're too wide!
4. Waiting for 2 years to regear. If you go with 37 inch tires or above regear ASAP!

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Easy to do:
Big Items:
Fab Fours bumpers/Fenders ~6K
5 inch Lift Kit ~5K with installation
37 inch tires with rims ~4K
transmission regear ~2K
rigid lights ~2K
diamondback cover ~2K
front/rear drive shafts ~2K
steering: tie-rod, drag link, steel knuckles, ball joints, truss ~5K

all the miscellaneous stuff like armor, skid plates, sunrider, axle shafts etc...

I bought mine right when Covid hit so got nearly 15K off the sticker price, that's how I justify it in mind :)

Jeep Gladiator Why do Chrysler Dealerships hate Jeeps? 1668196329007
At least you didn't put an "Angry Grill" on. :like:

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
6200 curb weight vs 5,000 pounds stock.
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating for the Rubicon is 6250 lbs. You have 50lbs of payload left. So, technically you overload the vehicle every time you drive it anywhere. Another reason the dealer turns you down for covering what you think should be warranty work.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation