Why no auto-up feature for windows?

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Punk'n
I don’t know if any auto maker has that window auto up feature I think it’s because of trapping kids or anything else in the window when the window is going up and not having the window auto up feature prevents that from happening
My 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk had the auto up on the front windows.
Sponsored

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
On top of “why no Auto-Up” how about “Why aren’t the switches in the doors?”
And PLEASE don’t tell me “Cause It’s A Jeep thing”
There is a wiring harness that gets disconnected when you remove the doors so the switch could and should go there too.
It would make room for more goodies in the console.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Window switches on the body, lock switches on the doors.

Its easy to say if you remove the doors you don't need the locks but what about the tailgate?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Window switches on the body, lock switches on the doors.

Its easy to say if you remove the doors you don't need the locks but what about the tailgate?
If you need to unlock the tailgate, just hit the door switch- you’ll find the door hanging on the garage wall!

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
How about a little brother or sister playing with the dash window switches and accidentally strangling their pet or sibling?
That usually happens right after you hear “you kids get out of the house! Go play in the car or something... and get the keys off the counter on your way out!”

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
On top of “why no Auto-Up” how about “Why aren’t the switches in the doors?”
And PLEASE don’t tell me “Cause It’s A Jeep thing”
There is a wiring harness that gets disconnected when you remove the doors so the switch could and should go there too.
It would make room for more goodies in the console.

I'm still surprised at all the "engineers" on websites explaining how simple it is to do things differently than manufacturers do it. :lipssealed:

Jeeps (Wranglers and Gladiators) have removable doors, tops and foldable windshields...

and it would be so easy to do all that and put the window switches on the doors. :facepalm:

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Well it probably has to do with front doors off and rear doors on, can't roll the windows up from the front without a central widow switch.

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
There's a simple reason there is no auto up. It's the same reason there are no power seats, no ventilated seats etc, we all bought it and they made great margin on it. If the bronco comes out and has these features and kicks the crap out of wrangler and gladiator sales jeep will consider it. Product managers figured out how much they could sell jeeps for and that they wouldn't get any less of they left these features out. If you think it is because of the weight of pinch protection then it's really a money issue because you could make lighter doors at higher costs.
Thanks
Chris

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
"Asshat" c'mon bro you :computerrage::computerrage::computerrage::whatsgoingon: You shoulda (sic) believed me me when I said because the doors are removable instead of "calling BS." As for the memes and what you call "grammar trolling" lighten up Francis :party:they fit right in with this "casual forum" and its smart phone usage :like:

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 11.39.27 AM.png
"Asshat" c'mon bro you :computerrage::computerrage::computerrage::whatsgoingon: You shoulda (sic) believed me me when I said because the doors are removable instead of "calling BS." As for the memes and what you call "grammar trolling" lighten up Francis :party:they fit right in with this "casual forum" and its smart phone usage :like:

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 11.39.27 AM.png
Sorry if I don’t buy a general explanation “because doors are removable.” Cowboy expanded on that and actually gave some good reasoning.

Correcting people on silly grammar is an asshat move and adds nothing to the actual topic at hand. I’m sure we all know how to use correct grammar when it’s needed.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if I don’t buy a general explanation “because doors are removable.” Cowboy expanded on that and actually gave some good reasoning.

Correcting people on silly grammar is an asshat move and adds nothing to the actual topic at hand. I’m sure we all know how to use correct grammar when it’s needed.

358lbz.jpg

3rzyki.jpg

Sponsored

nyyankees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2004 TJ 4.0
Its a pain but heck my TJ has manual windows and I love that! So I won't complain

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I think that we as a group are drifting a little too far from FCAs blatant disregard for simple features.

unnamed.jpg

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
As BlueCT said it's a money thing. Why should FCA offer premium options when they can offer mediocre options and charge for premium and we will still buy that item !!
The anti-pinch device is just an electronic module ( with a relay ) that measures the current going going to the motor. When the motor starts to bind ( pinch ) the module will sense a spike of current and activate the relay to either lower it a few inches or take it all the way down to relieve the stress on the motor. That device can be installed anywhere between the switch and the motor.
Once again, it's just a money thing......nothing more, nothing less.
If everyone complained enough I bet FCA would put that device in.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If everyone complained enough I bet FCA would put that device in.
Doubtful but let’s suppose an OEM like FCA would listen and respond positively, it would only be done if (A) there’s money to be made or (2) if the government required it in which case (A) would have to be involved.

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
upload_2020-3-10_19-58-53.jpeg

But in this sentence, do you really think he knows his shit personally? (I mean can he tell his shit from someone else’s?)
Sponsored