Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone use the Comeup brand, my local shop seems very keen on that brand. In particular their 9.5rsi Seal Gen2. $1100 for winch, synthetic rope, wireless, all ip68.
I have never heard of that brand and $1100 for an unknown brand sounds really high. Sounds like the off-road shop has a good deal with the distributor and makes more profit off of this winch than say a Warn or Smittybilt and that's why they're pushing it on you.

I'm running a newly released Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 9,500 lb. winch with synthetic line. It can be found for $580 and while it doesn't have a wireless remote, it does have the same features built in to the remote that the Comeup one does. It also has a more powerful motor (7 hp vs 5 hp) and some other little features like LED lighting, power block, flashlight built into the remote as well as magnets to hold the remote to the bumper when not in use.

uhjUDUrh.jpg
Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I've got a Rugged Ridge Trekker 10k coming. IP 68 "water proof" and wireless controller. I've had a lot better luck with RR getting things fixed than I have with warn. I had such a bad experience with them I'll never buy a Warn again.

This is a 9.5xp (1400$ winch) that was less than a year old. It quit working and I sent it back to the their "regional repair center" and they told me they rebuilt the motor..... That was clearly a lie. I had to rebuild the whole damn thing on the side of the trail during a race because the first time it was used with a full load after the "rebuild" it refused to function. Had to rebuild it or be disqualified. Warn and the repair center played dumb and refused any responsibility or that they lied to me.
Long story short. Screw Warn and their shit customer service and quality.
PicsArt_10-16-07.20.52.jpg

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Has anyone use the Comeup brand, my local shop seems very keen on that brand. In particular their 9.5rsi Seal Gen2. $1100 for winch, synthetic rope, wireless, all ip68.
They are big in Australia and Europe. Chevy just partnered with them for all their bison/zr2 builds. For 1100 they are a decent alternate to warn but if grab a superwinch first. Im giving the similar setup from RR to the comeup. It's too new to tell how it will hold up but their warranty and customer service is great and worth the shot especially at half the price of the come up.

Otter155

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT, 2007 JKU, 2001 TJ
Build Thread
Link
I've got a Rugged Ridge Trekker 10k coming. IP 68 "water proof" and wireless controller...
I'm interested in hearing your Experience with the 10k winch. I currently have a 12k Engo on my JKU, and was going to go with another Engo, but the Rugged Ridge has the IP 68 rating and wireless controller along with slightly more HP. If I get another winch, it will be the 12k model, partly because I also tow a teardrop.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I'm interested in hearing your Experience with the 10k winch. I currently have a 12k Engo on my JKU, and was going to go with another Engo, but the Rugged Ridge has the IP 68 rating and wireless controller along with slightly more HP. If I get another winch, it will be the 12k model, partly because I also tow a teardrop.
I went 10k as the line speed is greater. Rule of thumb is you need 1.5 times the vehicle weight and 10 is well over that. Plus I carry enough equipment that I can effectively quadruple that which then exceeds the working limit of the line so extra 2k of winch juice wouldnt help.

Ive ran engo in the past with great results. Having only opened the box I can say this one is prettier and looks much better quality. The engo isnt bad but its not pretty.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Really odd that no one is talking Smittybuilt. Any reason why? Their 12k with synthetic rope is less than $700. Cheaper than the HF with synthetic and has a 5 year warranty. What am I missing?

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Really odd that no one is talking Smittybuilt. Any reason why? Their 12k with synthetic rope is less than $700. Cheaper than the HF with synthetic and has a 5 year warranty. What am I missing?
I’m planning on getting the XRC Gen3 12k. It’s a nice winch, has great specs, lights, and a positive lug for my air compressor. You’re right, it’s a great deal and I’ve been reading great reviews of its predecessors. In before the shittybilt comments ;)

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
My current winch is the smittybuilt x2o 12k synthetic. I got a killer deal on it having 4wp price match amazon and no sales tax sale.

I have a lot of 4wd club members that use the x2o’s, warns, comeups, and engos in synthetic line. As long as they work when you need them, they are all good.

Oh and to reply to why nobody is talking about the smittybuilts... idk... personally I put everything in my build thread and don’t want to reply to each thread. I let my build say it all for me.

F39E0C77-3221-4628-A597-CFA5C40B29A9.jpeg

9F37C707-7E8F-415B-9E25-2B40077F2E21.jpeg

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
My current winch is the smittybuilt x2o 12k synthetic. I got a killer deal on it having 4wp price match amazon and no sales tax sale.

I have a lot of 4wd club members that use the x2o’s, warns, comeups, and engos in synthetic line. As long as they work when you need them, they are all good.

Oh and to reply to why nobody is talking about the smittybuilts... idk... personally I put everything in my build thread and don’t want to reply to each thread. I let my build say it all for me.

F39E0C77-3221-4628-A597-CFA5C40B29A9.jpeg

9F37C707-7E8F-415B-9E25-2B40077F2E21.jpeg
Looks great! what mount did you use?

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Ended up with a Warn VR Evo 12-S and a Factor 55 Prolink

I5jtIWg.jpg

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Thanks for everyone's posts in this thread! I ended up pulling the trigger yesterday on a Westin full bumper and Smittybilt x2o 10k synthetic and a flatlink. I nearly went 12k but trying to keep weight down where it makes sense. Looking forward to bolting it all on before Thanksgiving.
Sponsored