Sponsored

Would you pay monthly for your heated seats to work?

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
No need for remote start on AC, thats why the doors come off silly, lol. I just used my AC for the first time last week, and struggled with it because I had never used the climate control settings in the JT before.
Cmon now fess up, I can't be the only one that has blasted the ac when the top was at home and it got too hot.
Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Cmon now fess up, I can't be the only one that has blasted the ac when the top was at home and it got too hot.
I had the top off a couple of weeks ago and did that. It was around 100F in the afternoon and the A/C did pretty well with the windows up.

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics
It's what the airlines do - remember when you paid for either economy or first class....and you got a certain amount of luggage included, plus a soft drink and peanuts? Now they rip you for boarding first, unless you bring a small child, seat assignments, small carry on bags etc etc.

I wonder if airlines are still doing that now they can barely fill a row, let alone a plane?

hes-the-one-burn-him-at-the-stake.jpg

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
This software-as-a-service seems to have infected a lot of the industry, and I agree with author calling it the "next level of gouging". Personally, if I want a feature, I want it all the time. Whether I use it every day or once a year is up to me. I want it available 24x7. Can you imagine if you forgot to renew your air-conditioning "service" before a long summer trip? Worse, what happens when the car manufacturer decides that the vehicle is obsolete and now stops supporting that feature? Will my heated seats no longer work since I have a vintage car? Thumbs down, way down.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

I had the top off a couple of weeks ago and did that. It was around 100F in the afternoon and the A/C did pretty well with the windows up.

I never tried that, but I despise the doors. I once tried the heat with the doors off, it was like 50 that morning and didn't work at all for me.

I know my dad does this all the time on his JKU though.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I never tried that, but I despise the doors. I once tried the heat with the doors off, it was like 50 that morning and didn't work at all for me.

I know my dad does this all the time on his JKU though.
You just needed heated seats !;)

I haven't tried doors off, yet. I only had the roof off to paint the inside, but liked it way more than I expected. When the temps come back down, I look forward to trying it completely "naked."

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
You just needed heated seats !;)

I haven't tried doors off, yet. I only had the roof off to paint the inside, but liked it way more than I expected. When the temps come back down, I look forward to trying it completely "naked."
Trust me. Only time I thought they might be useful for me. Cold mornings where I decide I don't like my doors.

Happens a lot though. Picked up a trailer last week, kids were confused as to why I had doors attached. they were like "daddy I thought you hated your doors" I needed the mirrors, only reason, lol

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there some kind of auto filter delete here that was triggered by our r ac ism discussion? Those posts have vanished? (probably best they did.)

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Is there some kind of auto filter delete here that was triggered by our r ac ism discussion? Those posts have vanished? (probably best they did.)
Im guessing a mod came by and deleted them.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I did the heat (+seats+steering wheel) when it was a little chilly down the interstate!
Sponsored