Sponsored

Would you pay monthly for your heated seats to work?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
That subscription service is sounding better and better to me. Contrary to you, I had to get the cold wx package to please my wife ... and we live in ARIZONA! If I want to get her into the truck to join me on a ski trip, life is much, much better if her seat heats. I also enjoy it ... maybe once or twice a year. Hopefully I'll have this truck for many years to come, but in the end, that option will probably have cost me $20 per hot seat..
Arizona, supprised they even ship them with that package out there. Lol maybe more people want them than I thought and I am the outlier in SC. My van has heated seats and I had it in Ohio for two years and still didn't use them that many times. Just never found the feature that useful.

I have used them more times to keep a pizza warm then for the intended purpose.... Easy way to save $1100 for me. And to prank friends in the summer, I do miss doing that, lol.

Sounds like it will take a long time to get true ROI on that package for you in arizona.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
The article mentions BMW said they were going to charge for Apple Car Play, but the reaction was so negative, they backed off. Any effort to charge monthly fees for options will be met with the same negative.

Although, BMW drivers are a unique lot. Most of them know their cars are designed to fall apart after the warranty is up. Smart drivers drop their BMWs like a hot rock the day before the 4-year, full warranty expires. Unsuspecting drivers are amazed at the great deals they can get on 4-year old BMWs. Then the dash lights up like a pinball machine and the new drivers find out only a BMW dealer can work on it. When they drive into the BMW service bay, a meter clicks over to $1,000 and keeps spinning. This happens about once a month. Then the unsuspecting drivers figure out what's going on and dump their BMWs like a used, hot rock.
Those cars are so terrible. I have a friend who made the mistake of buying one used. He jokes everytime I am starting a fire or generally doing something stupid I can borrow it. The smallest things cost so much money. He had an air strut go bad. Had to find some guy out of florida who custom rebuilds and flashes them or something to get it semi affordably.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Arizona, supprised they even ship them with that package out there. Lol maybe more people want them than I thought and I am the outlier in SC. My van has heated seats and I had it in Ohio for two years and still didn't use them that many times. Just never found the feature that useful.

I have used them more times to keep a pizza warm then for the intended purpose.... Easy way to save $1100 for me. And to prank friends in the summer, I do miss doing that, lol.

Sounds like it will take a long time to get true ROI on that package for you in arizona.
The cold wx package on my Jeep was "only" $700 ... I'll tell you why in a minute.

I LOVED :involve::involve: (too much?) the remote starter on my Ram. Like on the Jeep, it came with the cold wx package. It got the A/C blasting while I was hiking to the outskirts of whatever parking lot my truck was broiling in. Used it all the time. To add insult to injury, because I went with the manual transmission in the Gladiator, the cold wx package has NO F%$&ING REMOTE START! ($400 cheaper, but it's what I liked the most about the cold wx pkg.)

Last edited:

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
This is why the government needs to be dismantled and rebuilt to a minimum-function entity that is truly ran BY the people, OF the people, and FOR the people...You know, the novel concept of what it was INTENDED to be by our Founding Fathers.
I fail to see how this story has anything to do with government. (??)
It's a BMW. He's referring to Germany's government.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It's a BMW. He's referring to Germany's government.
I was not referencing BMW or the German government, although they do need to vote out that butch bitch (that's literally Hitler's daughter...Do some research) they have running it into the ground.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was not referencing BMW or the German government, although they do need to vote out that butch bitch (that's literally Hitler's daughter...Do some research) they have running it into the ground.
30 second research. Hitler died 1945. Merkel born 1954. First in vitro 1978. Your tin foil hat needs some adjusting.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your tin foil hat needs some adjusting.
Spoken like a true blind sheep. Just because something is a conspiracy, doesn't mean it's a theory. Sort of like everything that's been going on so far in 2020.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spoken like a true blind sheep. Just because something is a conspiracy, doesn't mean it's a theory. Sort of like everything that's been going on so far in 2020.
I rest my case.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I rest my case.
You have no case. Keep believing what you see on the news. Keep believing they're telling you the truth. :CWL: And that they have our (the American people's) best interest at-heart. :LOL:

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Nope. And when my Guardian trial expires I'll be using the key fob to remote start my truck, and look at the dashboard to see what the vehicle's health is too.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
The cold wx package on my Jeep was "only" $700 ... I'll tell you why in a minute.

I LOVED :involve::involve: (too much?) the remote starter on my Ram. Like on the Jeep, it came with the cold wx package. It got the A/C blasting while I was hiking to the outskirts of whatever parking lot my truck was broiling in. Used it all the time. To add insult to injury, because I went with the manual transmission in the Gladiator, the cold wx package has NO F%$&ING REMOTE START! ($400 cheaper, but it's what I liked the most about the cold wx pkg.)
Now that seems like it would be the true loss in AZ. But at least your butt will be warm the 5 times you use the feature!

No need for remote start on AC, thats why the doors come off silly, lol. I just used my AC for the first time last week, and struggled with it because I had never used the climate control settings in the JT before.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
You will love this one then. TRUE STORY. I used to be a manager for On With Life in Iowa. Part of my job was being in charge of safety. I had an Iowa trooper come in and talk about safety - his concentration was on road safety, of course. And he told us of some of his real adventures in being a state trooper.
He was driving along I80 and came upon a car on the shoulder, hood up, driver in seat waiting for help.
Trooper pulls up and goes and asks the guy what's wrong.
I don't know - was driving along and it made this noise and then wasn't running right and it finally just stopped and I coasted over here.
Trooper has driver turn on the key, looks at gauges to see if it's got GAS, yup, it registers it has plenty of gas.
So trooper goes out and starts snooping under the hood. No sign of coolant leaks, doesn't appear to have blown a hose, belts look fine, everything is connected ok. So he pulls the dip stick - wipes it off, puts it back in and pulls it out again - huh? Nothing.
So he asks the driver - when was the last time you had the oil changed?
Oh, this is a leased car, I don't have to do that....................................
So, for all of you folks buying a car that had been leased - beware idiot lessees.
That was a HUGE problem with leased vehicles. Drivers would turn in the cars when the the lease was up with the factory oil (or what was left of it), factory air filter and tires completely shot from being underinflated. New leases include maintenance requirements for this very reason!

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax
They have started doing this already in subarus and hyundai's with remote start. It is a free service for the first year or something then if you want to use the app to remote start it, you gotsta pay a monthly fee.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Hey have started doing this already in subarus and hyundai's with remote start. Itvis a free service for the first year or skmehin then if you want to use the app to remote start it, you gotsta pay a monthly fee.
Those with the 8.4 and Remote Start have that too. That's the "Guardian" I was referring to above. Only free for a year, then it's like 200 something a year after that. Thankfully my key fob also has a button.
Sponsored