Sponsored

Would you pay $355 to get your Gladiator 2 weeks earlier?

Spend $355 to drive 7 hrs less but get JT 14 days earlier?

• Total voters

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm going to a conference in Chicago in two weeks, JT might arrive in Iowa before July 19th. If it does I can fly out of Chicago that weekend and drive it home while coworker drives solo home from Chicago.

Doing this would save me 4 hours of driving home from Chicago, and then 3 extra hours of out of the way driving on August 2nd coming home from Iowa from a music festival when I would pick up the JT, but would require the dealer to drive round trip 3 hrs to get me, so net is really only 4 human driving hrs saved.

So spend $355 on a one way ticket, and shave off 4 hours of driving, or get JT two weeks later, but not spend the $355?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I'm not sure why you're even discussing this. You KNOW that you're going to get that damn truck as soon as possible!!

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Hard for me to answer that question. Two weeks early from what date? Jeep keeps pushing out our production month by month. Two weeks early from never is still a long time away.:headbang:

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
I voted yes ... not because driving that much sucks, but getting your JT two weeks early is worth it. I would drive my JT so much in those two weeks that 4 hours would be nothing

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Since it’s not my coin I vote yes...

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I vote for you spending the extra cash. Main reason is that 2 week delay could turn into a 2 month delay. As you know with this build soooooo many people here have been stuck in D hell forever, things get moved up and then moved back for lord knows what bizarre reason. Almost nothing guaranteed here. If it’s available for pick up then I’d say run go get it quick. Run Forest run. Good luck with your running.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I vote for you spending the extra cash. Main reason is that 2 week delay could turn into a 2 month delay. As you know with this build soooooo many people here have been stuck in D hell forever, things get moved up and then moved back for lord knows what bizarre reason. Almost nothing guaranteed here. If it’s available for pick up then I’d say run go get it quick. Run Forest run. Good luck with your running.
35234u.jpg

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @steffen707 you might want to make 100% certain that your truck is in fact sitting in Chicago and is on hold there for you before you make plans for your return driver. As you know there always could be another unexpected delay at the last minute. I don’t suggest holding your breath for this. Just sayin’

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @steffen707 you might want to make 100% certain that your truck is in fact sitting in Chicago and is on hold there for you before you make plans for your return driver. As you know there always could be another unexpected delay at the last minute. I don’t suggest holding your breath for this. Just sayin’
My JT will be arriving in Spirit Lake Iowa with @spenchey. I'm not planning to fly there until I know for certain it's there. My partner and I are driving down to Chicago for work, so he'll drive back with me or without me, makes no difference to him.

ThomFoolery

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1978 Bandit Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Bro, $355 is a small price to pay for the GIANT smile you'll have on your face 14 days earlier than expected!!

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Is your time worth more or less that 88.75 an hour? Think of it in terms of doing other things, are there things you can accomplish in that 4 hours and are they worth more or less than 88.75 an hour.

Myself, yes the time is worth more than the money and there are tasks I could complete right now with a gladiator that are worth more than 88.75 an hour to me.
Sponsored