Sponsored

WTF this just happened!

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Not to derail the thread but is 5% biodiesel good enough. Circle K here sells that mix. Would a little EDT help. I might have to see about checking the fuel filter ever so often I think there is a drain you can open. Water is no good there. I buy fuel at stations that sell a lot
Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
is 5% biodiesel good enough.
Biodiesel is an excellent detergent and lubricant. Research has shown that B2 will outperform all aftermarket fuel additives in terms of lubrication. Lubrication is important for the fuel system, especially your CP4 pump.

Keep in mind that many states mandate biodiesel blends, therefore not every pump is going to advertise it. For example, my state has a B5 minimum requirement, therefore they do not need to advertise B5 at the pump since it's already a requirement.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Would a little EDT help.
There are four types of people.
1. The overzealous
2. The methodical
3. The lazy
4. The denier

In my opinion, you want to be the methodical person. It would be good to use EDT in every tank ( premium or performance dosage). However, I have known people who skip EDT and use Diesel Extreme at 6,000 mile intervals or 6 months. A lot of it depends on the type of driving you do. If you have lots of cold driving cycles, you will benefit from using EDT. If you have lots of hot driving cycles (longer highway commutes and driving), then you could skip EDT and just stick with Diesel Extreme at 6,000 mile intervals. This is assuming that you're running a minimum of B2 for lubrication.

Some people will argue that the improved fuel economy alone will offset the cost of the additive.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Is EDT needed with biodiesel.
In my opinion, yes. Biodiesel will keep your fuel system lubricated, however, your injectors will still develop deposits. It really depends on your driving habits.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Running fuel additives will not void the warranty. EDT and Diesel Extreme is an additive by Hot Shot's Secret. I have provided the links below:

Everyday Diesel Treatment (EDT): Fuel Additive | Hot Shot's Secret (hotshotsecret.com)

Hot Shot's Secret Diesel Extreme | Diesel Extreme Fuel Additive (hotshotsecret.com)
I use the same one 16oz squeeze bottle - 2oz per tank
Mostly because I like how easy to measure it is.

my truck on 39s gets 23 mpg and its obviously smoother at idle. Don’t know that I can tell any performance boost

i wonder if It would be even better to order the 24 pack of 4 oz bottles EDT then when they’re empty refill them with diesel extreme and use a whole 4oz per tank instead of every 6000 miles?

Last edited:

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Thanks for these links

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I use the same one 16oz squeeze bottle - 2oz per tank
Mostly because I like how easy to measure it is.

i wonder if It would be even better to order the 24 pack of 4 oz bottles EDT then when they’re empty refill them with edt and use a whole 4oz per tank instead of every 6000 miles?
I signed up for notifications. From time to time, Hot Shot's Secret offers specials with free shipping. I found that method to be the easiest for me.

I built a fuel holder for each type of bottle. Here's what I use for longer trips.

oGZktC6.jpg

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Is that foam from a Michael’s or something?

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Is that foam from a Michael’s or something?
No, I built it from wood, then sprayed it with Rust-oleum textured spray paint. You don't want these additives to tip and leak. They can really stink things up. I store the funnel and additives in their own toolbox.

In the past, I stored the funnel in a Ziploc bag. Overtime, the additive would leak down from the funnel and cause a chemical reaction with the plastic bag. The end result was welded plastic and holes. So, this time I made a holster out of aluminum foil. No more issues!

Toolbox - $9.84 at Walmart
Funnel - $1.24 at Walmart

YeDeI3n.jpg

Jy7osYE.jpg

TtKjb5d.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Yes another update.
So I was told that the backordered part was an injector pump. Partially correct. It is the lift pump in the tank not the high pressure injector pump. Which they have 57 on the shelf as of yesterday at 1,200$ a piece. So the part on backorder is not a super expensive piece. It's a 245$ pump that is on backorder.
Even worse. I figured I'd do some leg work this morning. Crazy enough I found one in Bakersfield CA. Granted it was on their shelf and had a tag marked paid on it. Asked the parts guy when it had sold. He replied 2 days ago. WTF at this utter BS?!?! @JeepCares if I would have called last week I would have had the part in hand by now. Because I would have had it overnighted to me. So the dealer in town who couldn't find one last week could reimburse me for the one I found for them. And because we live in a capital driven economy. It is now a 800$ part for the leg work. Climbing off the soap box. Enjoy the rest of the day.

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
New update. Stopped by the dealership today. All parts are in. They will be checking the parts list tomorrow. Hopefully I will have my Gladiator back next week. Then comes the negotiating with Jeep cares. We will see what they offer me for being put of my vechicle for a month and a half. Cough cough....ummm yeah I'll take that lifetime bumper to bumper everything included warranty you just offered me. :like: đź‘Ť

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Update on Gladiator!
IT'S ALIVE! IT LIVES AGAIN. Let's see how long it lasts this time. Hopefully I doesn't have to go through the same bullshit again. It's back home. Actual cost in parts I'm sure the dealer didn't want me to see. 7299 dollars. A month and a half at the dealership. And by Monday we will see what Jeep cares has to offer me in compensation.
Jeep Gladiator WTF this just happened! 1630108154038
Sponsored