First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Update on Gladiator. Interesting little gadget the dealer has. Bluetooth plug in code reader. So I was told that fuel rail A has little to no fuel. Fuel rail B has to much. They are suspecting it may be either the high pressure fuel pump or apparently there is a secondary fuel pump. Regardless there is no fuel getting to motor......and y'all may or may not know. I'm sure most of you do. But....just in front of the automatic shifter knob there is a plastic cover. Transmission disengage pull under cover. Pull once to disengage....pull a second time to reengage. No rental car as there is a shortage. On a waiting list. Ugggg. I'm guessing a week in shop. Unless they have said part in stock.
Admin thanks for the move on post.
Sponsored

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Would that cause any damage to the motor, that noise did not sound good.

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Would that cause any damage to the motor, that noise did not sound good.
No idea. If it does then new diesel motor for me.

Mojave Gladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave | Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
with that sound let it blow its self up, it's got a warranty to 36,000 3 years
5 year / 60,000 mile power plant Warranty. Not trying to be an ass, just letting the OP know he has plenty of Warranty if something happens past the 36K mark.

Cobblecrazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
5 year / 60,000 mile power plant Warranty. Not trying to be an ass, just letting the OP know he has plenty of Warranty if something happens past the 36K mark.
Actually, with the new Jeep "Wave" program put out for 2021 there is a bumper to bumper unlimited mile warranty for the first 3 years (even though some of the stickers still said 36,000, they came out with the new program with unlimited for the 2021 models), and a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty for the powertrain (for the diesel engines, 60,000 for the gas). It says you get 3 years of free maintenance, but really it's only one free service per year for the first 3 years (if you did a lot of miles you could use up the 3 free services earlier than that).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Actually, with the new Jeep "Wave" program put out for 2021 there is a bumper to bumper unlimited mile warranty for the first 3 years (even though some of the stickers still said 36,000, they came out with the new program with unlimited for the 2021 models), and a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty for the powertrain (for the diesel engines, 60,000 for the gas). It says you get 3 years of free maintenance, but really it's only one free service per year for the first 3 years (if you did a lot of miles you could use up the 3 free services earlier than that).
And nice meeting you today. Thanks for the info during our conversation.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Yeah, the EcoDiesel has a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty, which is nice. I had a water pump go bad in my 2015 Ram EcoDiesel at 93,000 miles. It was 100% covered under the 5 year/100,000 mile Powertrain Warranty, otherwise it would have been a $1,200 repair.

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
i don't know what jeep wave program you have but only ones i've gotten on both my 2020 and 2021 jt's (one gas/one diesel) was 3 free service's......ie oil changes, tire rotations, etc...... there was no limit per year. and there is no unlimited mileage 3 year warranty. not saying you're wrong, i just haven't seen anything resembling what you've described.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I had a 2004 Tahoe long ago. At 24K my ex wife started it up. Hoe was screaming no oil pressure.
I had her shut it off. I checked the dipstick. Full. Checked under the truck. No leaks. Started it again. Screaming no oil. Shut it down.

Called dealer. They said it was probably a faulty sensor, but they sent a flatbed anyway.

Turns out the oil pump was crapped out. On a SBC??? With no miles???

I asked for the bad pump. We took it apart and it sucked a seal. Apparently my Hoe was a Friday before beer :30 build.

Get it towed. Let dealer sort it out.

arneb04

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Working
Jeep wave was applied to all 2021 vehicles. It only applies to some 2020 vehicles per their website. It provides an unlimited mile extension to the 3/36 factory warranty. The power train warranties for either gas or diesel dont change. The tech guy at the dealership signed me up while I sat with him and explained everything. He put an app on my phone.

Cobblecrazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
i don't know what jeep wave program you have but only ones i've gotten on both my 2020 and 2021 jt's (one gas/one diesel) was 3 free service's......ie oil changes, tire rotations, etc...... there was no limit per year. and there is no unlimited mileage 3 year warranty. not saying you're wrong, i just haven't seen anything resembling what you've described.
Should have worded it a little better. What I was trying to convey is basically they're betting on you putting an average of 10-12,000 miles a year for the first three years which equates to one free service per year (with the diesel maintenance being at 10,000 mile intervals). If you are a mileage hound and do the 36,000 miles in the first year (yikes!!!) then your free maintenance is only covered for that period. On the unlimited miles thing, I also questioned the claims made by the dealer where we purchased the Gladiator as it didn't follow the window sticker info. The dealer we purchased it from (about 70 miles from us) said it was for 2021 models only, and it was based on the paperwork they got from Jeep. The same claim was echoed by our local dealer when I had a warranty repair done. It was supposedly only good for the first 3 years from date of purchase. I am taking them on both of their words, and hopefully I won't be disappointed if I have to test out the validity of those claims down the road.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Update. Well not much of one considering. Talked to dealer yesterday. They are opening a STAR case on it. No idea why it's not getting fuel. IMO there can't be all that much wrong. Fuel line plugged, fuel filter plugged, water in fuel, fuel pump failed. Maybe it lost its prime on the pump. Bueller.....Bueller

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
This may not be useful but I’ll throw it out there. The fuel pump in my 2020 gasser died a few weeks ago with 41,087 miles on the clock. The video I have sounds just like yours. I know it’s a different part for the diesel but figured I’d mention it anyway.

As far as warranty/Jeep Wave goes. I opened a case with Jeep Wave customer care for my fuel pump. They covered it despite me being 5k over the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. That actually ended up being a really positive experience. Anyway, maybe the 3 year unlimited miles is actually a thing for 2021 and newer? Mine is a 2020 but maybe that’s why they “good will” covered me without too much hassle?
Sponsored