Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
This is the rear, I wanted a flush fit on the bottom. Also a pic of the cut I made underneath to fit the curve of the rear fender

20220810_125123-01.jpeg

20220810_125145-01.jpeg
Damn. I couldn't find this post when I was installing mine. Yours came out perfect. I wish I would have aligned the rear like you did. I just used the bottom hole that was already there. I have an extra set of fronts, so I might try again if I don't like what I see in the morning time.
Jeep Gladiator Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled IMG20220910200831
Jeep Gladiator Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled IMG20220910200722
Sponsored

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Damn. I couldn't find this post when I was installing mine. Yours came out perfect. I wish I would have aligned the rear like you did. I just used the bottom hole that was already there. I have an extra set of fronts, so I might try again if I don't like what I see in the morning time.
Looks good...They are easy to take off if you want to realign. Ive thought about redoing my front and cutting them to match the starting and ending point like the back. Im deciding if these are enough protection or if mud flaps are in my winter future

OP
OP
Rkowalski

Rkowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Overland
You can also align the fronts to end at the bottom of the fender line (see my original post). You may need to make some "V" cuts in the interior of the fender extension to bend it into place. Anyway, nice job looks great!

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Looks good...They are easy to take off if you want to realign. Ive thought about redoing my front and cutting them to match the starting and ending point like the back. Im deciding if these are enough protection or if mud flaps are in my winter future
This mod appears to add some extra protection from rocks flying up and chipping the paint. I assume the install is the same for Mojave with painted fenders?

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
This mod appears to add some extra protection from rocks flying up and chipping the paint. I assume the install is the same for Mojave with painted fenders?
Yes, Mojaves and Rubicons share the exact same fenders. The lip part where this attaches is the same on the unpainted ones and the painted ones.

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I cant imagine it would be any different...All depends on how you want to install.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I'm going to order mine this week......feels like it will be the cheapest mod I have bought so far.

I'm going to harvest the Diode Dynamic's SS3 Pros off from my Tahoe and the SS1c1s (red back lit) for the JT; since I will be selling my Tahoe PPV shortly after taking delivery of my JTM

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
First off... THANKS to everyone here that have shown me this mod and how-to also! The perspective from the various installs led me to do a bit of a hybrid of a couple of you guys' installs.

For the FRONT, I kept it "stock" using the existing rivet holes. I really liked the combination of the fender extensions + Rokblokz mudflaps on @Dls79's set up. So I plan on doing the same (@Dls79 - what size mudflaps did you get?)
Jeep Gladiator Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled xTreme Recon Front Fender Mod

For the REAR, I did the Front XTreme Recon Flares and made them flush with the bottom. I made the same cut to get it to bend better. Then I also used double the rivets to really keep them in place nicely.
Jeep Gladiator Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled xTreme Recon Rear Fender Mod

A couple of shots from some distance... don't mind the imports in the shot... ;p

Jeep Gladiator Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled datass 002

Jeep Gladiator Xtreme Recon Fender Extension Instsalled datass 001

xTreme Recon Front Fender Mod.jpg

Last edited:

.:eMETAL:.

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Hospitality
Ordered 😎 thanks 21Moja for your pioneering here.

Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR-HVY 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
That looks familiar, I did the same thing last weekend...
So if you did it over again, you'd align the fronts to the bottom? A relief cut and redrill to make it happen.

I have the 2x front flares, rivets, and tool. Trying to figure out what I want to do with the fronts, the rears I will be copying you, cause it looks mint. Lol

OP
OP
Rkowalski

Rkowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Overland
I aligned the fronts to the bottom because I didn't want to add mud flaps....hope that helps. Rich

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
I kept the fronts "stock"/"factory" for a few of reasons....
1) I want to add RockBlokz mudflaps
2) I want to keep the truck as close to OEM as possible. So it looks congruous to a 392 / Xtreme Recon. Since the Gladiator's rear fenders are unique to the model, figure anything goes out back - but still looks factory.
3) The rivet holes were already there

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR-HVY 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
7u78Yl2.jpg

zAAG8mS.jpg

uhbpHnn.jpg

Ignore my front left, rear right comment please. It's been a long day.

I didn't want to clutter this up too much, more pics in my build thread, in my sig, soon.

Well, they are installed, lmfao. Not my finest work, but it doesn't look bad from outside the wheel well, rofl!