Sponsored

You can only drive your Gladiator one way. Which do you choose?

Which do you choose?

• Total voters

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who has seen and experienced temperature swings from 15° to 80s within 30 hours or less, dry to pouring rain. I'll stick with roof and door's especially getting older, I've been drenched by cold ass rain when it was supposedly no expected rain in my LJ many times to the point of not even putting drain plugs back in floor. Heck, I installed a boating stereo cover on the radio in it. When I lived in S.E. GA. I would have door's or top off for probably 7-9 months of the year but I kept a safari top on due to burning sun in June-Sept. That's is safari top in S. GA or Florida don't forget drain plugs out its going to rain early afternoon's. :like: I bought the hardtop due to being faster and easier to put on or take off than a soft top. If you have a hoist.
So if one or other it would have to be top door's off/ tube door's. The heater or A.C. kinda helps still.
Sponsored

polarisTXguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, F350, Boss 302, Mini, Ram1500
Occupation
Polaris Industires
Need a third option
Roof off & Doors off
Give me all the sun and wind

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Can the doors be half doors? I'd go roof off and half doors if I could only have it configured one way.

That's the beauty of these Jeeps though, configure to taste and need as you please :)

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Wind in Vegas can get so terrible all the time (40 to 50 mph crosswind sometimes), that I voted roof off and doors on cause if I did roof on a doors off I am afraid I would turn into Dorothy and get lifted and land in like Wisconsin!!!!

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
The roof and doors come off? :LOL:

I likely won't ever do either. Maybe I will splurge on a sun rider someday.

But if I was choosing of those two in a perfect weather scenario - roof on doors off. I'm a pasty white guy and I'll sunburn standing in the moon light too long.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Mostly in a forward motion, sometimes in a backward motion. When it snows sideways works too.

dajudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2001Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Network/Server Admin
The whole point of the Jeep is that you can have it either way whenever you want/need it.
No compromises needed.

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Roof off and only Sunrider on. I carry a cab cover for unexpected rains.
C7BBF34D-3BD9-4A37-975B-3D2BD5F48AA1.jpeg
Do they make cab covers that you can low speed drive with, or at least still get in and out of? I've thought I might need one of those just in case, but then also think I'd just be sitting there waiting.

Which, don't get me wrong, is still a valid response to unexpected rain.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do they make cab covers that you can low speed drive with, or at least still get in and out of? I've thought I might need one of those just in case, but then also think I'd just be sitting there waiting.

Which, don't get me wrong, is still a valid response to unexpected rain.
Nothing you can drive with but I do know people have covered the cab and waited underneath until rain cleared. I mostly don’t go anywhere on rainy days in the summer and if camping I cover the cab at night to keep the dew out.

Sponsored

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
I’m curious: does anyone ever put the windshield down? I know, legal requirement for the road, but those of you off-pavement for the day?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mostly in a forward motion, sometimes in a backward motion. When it snows sideways works too.
Yeah, ya beat me to it.

My response was going to be -

Jeep Gladiator You can only drive your Gladiator one way. Which do you choose? 1680372880181

Forward.
I can use a jack to turn it around if necessary, or winch myself backwards or sideways.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Roof on, while i love a roofless ride on sunny days, i've lost many hats :(
And in my case, without a hat, I'd have no scalp left if exposed to the sun. Used to be I could be in intense sun with no hat and I had natural head cover that even prevented rain from getting me wet for a while. Meh, not so much these days. I have to run with a spider web shade on the truck if I take the roof or even panels off.

And like I said - with the wind here, if it's not bolted down, it will leave the cab of your Gladiator, no doubt. This is another day where I feel sorry for the birds trying to get somewhere. They end up a long ways from where they were aiming.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
And in my case, without a hat, I'd have no scalp left if exposed to the sun. Used to be I could be in intense sun with no hat and I had natural head cover that even prevented rain from getting me wet for a while. Meh, not so much these days. I have to run with a spider web shade on the truck if I take the roof or even panels off.

And like I said - with the wind here, if it's not bolted down, it will leave the cab of your Gladiator, no doubt. This is another day where I feel sorry for the birds trying to get somewhere. They end up a long ways from where they were aiming.
Yikes, that wind sounds intense. Poor birds, maybe they can find our hats, wherever they end up.
Sponsored