Sponsored

Your stock Rubicon diesel JT bottoming out? Here’s the fix!!

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
My dealer has ordered the parts and will let me know when they are in. They said I do not have to pay anything, but the service writer was complaining that Jeep is only giving them 1.2 hours of labor credit for the work…
Sponsored

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
My dealer has ordered the parts and will let me know when they are in. They said I do not have to pay anything, but the service writer was complaining that Jeep is only giving them 1.2 hours of labor credit for the work…
I can put a spacer lift on in about 2 hours in my garage. They will be fine.

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Has anyone figured out the difference? Higher spring rate? Softer/harder durometer bumps?

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon Diesel, 02 S2000, 15 4Runner
Has anyone been able to have their dealership order the parts for this yet? Mine is checking back every other day and they are still not available to order. Really looking forward to anyone's first impressions on this new fix. Hopefully we have a workable suspension soon.

HampshireEcoD

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTOD / MY14 Audi S7
Occupation
Software
Has anyone figured out the difference? Higher spring rate? Softer/harder durometer bumps?
I wouldn't think it would be a spring rate difference, since the TSB doesn't replace the springs. Could be a change in valving/dampening in the shocks. Could also be like you said: softer jounces, or maybe even a different length.

I dont have a rubicon, but just bought a take-off set, so will be curious if I experience the same issue.

Sponsored

Synctheship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 XJ, 17 Titan SV King Cab, 21 JTRD
Has anyone been able to have their dealership order the parts for this yet? Mine is checking back every other day and they are still not available to order. Really looking forward to anyone's first impressions on this new fix. Hopefully we have a workable suspension soon.

Took mine in today for this. Service Writer and paperwork claims they've ordered the parts. But service writer couldn't give me a timeframe, could be 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, who knows.

Has anyone managed to have their parts come in and the TSB applied(parts installed)?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
@AllMoparParts.com Benny, any info on these part numbers?

68341387AF
683414214G
@AllMoparParts.com Benny, any info on these part numbers? I know you’re busy, but if you have a minute can you check on what exactly these are and we’ll try to figure out how different they are from stock.

68341387AF
683414214G

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
Took mine in today for this. Service Writer and paperwork claims they've ordered the parts. But service writer couldn't give me a timeframe, could be 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, who knows.
Same
😐

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
Getting close to a month out and parts department still says "No Timeframe" for struts...

@JeepCares do you happen to have any input on when parts will be available to dealers for this TSB? Thanks

Sponsored

SteveA

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xxxx
Occupation
Unemployed
Dropped mine off 2 1/2 weeks ago and was told it would be a few days. Got a call yesterday and was told to come pick it up as the parts are now at least 45 days. My dealer is first class by the way. Their service mgr has always gone way beyond to help me out on multiple Ram and Jeeps over the years so I believe he's doing everything he can.

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rear shocks which were the piece missing to get this done has finally arrived at the dealership now. Thursday the 12th is the first day when they have time to get everything swapped over. I'll take some pictures and report back my findings after that :)

Hopefully this is really a fix!

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Just got word my parts will be in on 5-16. Now I’m told they won’t do the install on a weekend and I can’t take weekdays off…???

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so my dealer only ordered 1 of the 2 front shocks and 1 of the 2 rear shocks.... Hoping to hear how the fix goes for anyone else that gets it done soon.

Synctheship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 XJ, 17 Titan SV King Cab, 21 JTRD
My parts were supposedly ordered 7 weeks ago, got word today they are waiting on 1 last item that should arrive May 25th or so. I guess we'll see...

Anybody know of any vehicles that have actually gotten the TSB applied? Sounds like we are going on 2 months with no parts installed, since the TSB release.
Sponsored