Sponsored

Your stock Rubicon diesel JT bottoming out? Here’s the fix!!

Chetnik

First Name
Marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecodiesel Gladiator, BMW 135I (widebody)
Occupation
Automotive Industry
Parts for mine arrived 10 days ago roughly.. Too bad i already lifted my jeep after waiting 6 months for the fix. I told jeep cares the same thing. oh well.

Getting close to a month out and parts department still says "No Timeframe" for struts...

@JeepCares do you happen to have any input on when parts will be available to dealers for this TSB? Thanks
Sponsored

Synctheship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 XJ, 17 Titan SV King Cab, 21 JTRD
My post from the other thread on this issue:

Got the TSB applied today, new shocks all around and new front bump stops. I've only driven it maybe 5miles but the ride with the new shocks does seem less harsh over rough/uneven road, maybe a bit more floaty though. Could just be a placebo.

I'll try to take it over some speed bumps and through my typical bottoming out roads tonight.

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
JAson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JLU Rubicon
My post from the other thread on this issue:

Got the TSB applied today, new shocks all around and new front bump stops. I've only driven it maybe 5miles but the ride with the new shocks does seem less harsh over rough/uneven road, maybe a bit more floaty though. Could just be a placebo.

I'll try to take it over some speed bumps and through my typical bottoming out roads tonight.
Can you tell me what part numbers they used? I’m a parts manager and I try to order the numbers off the TSB daily, it always says they are not available yet.

Synctheship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you tell me what part numbers they used? I’m a parts manager and I try to order the numbers off the TSB daily, it always says they are not available yet.
Jeep Gladiator Your stock Rubicon diesel JT bottoming out? Here’s the fix!! photo_2022-05-25_20-01-05

These are the parts that were supposedly installed. If they don't work out for you let me know and I may be able to crawl under there this weekend.

Also I did some short testing tonight, definitely an improvement. It's no Mojave by any means but I'm happy to consider this issue resolved. Speed bumps that I couldn't take at 5mph without harsh bottoming out are now good at 15mph. Huge dips (v-shaped) that I'd harshly bottom out at 2-3mph before are good at the 8-10mph range. And now frame bottom outs are much softer, you can feel them but it doesn't feel like metal on metal now.

If I wanted better I'd probably have to lift it as it looks like I still only have around 3" of up travel (I'll measure over the weekend). But I'm trying to enjoy the truck in it's stock form for a few years.

Probably worst case scenario for front end weight. JTRD Stock with metal rubi bumper(with wings), winch plate & 10k winch (synthetic line).

EDIT: Also not sure if it matters or if my dealer did something special, these parts were initially ordered 8 weeks ago. I got the call on 5/20 that the final part came in and scheduled the install.

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
JAson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JLU Rubicon
looks like they revised the TSB. I’ve had the original on my desk for 2 months. I guess that explains why I haven’t been able to order them. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Jeep Gladiator Your stock Rubicon diesel JT bottoming out? Here’s the fix!! 006B191B-D447-479F-BF37-C28938A1D2FF

Sponsored

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Had the TSB done on my 22 JTRD, about 50% better at best... a 2" lift is the proper fix
Had about 90 miles on the new shocks before the high pressure fuel pump exploded and destroyed the fuel system...

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
My parts are still not in. Ordered about 8 weeks ago, but still no estimated date...

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
TSB has been revised. Just shocks and bump stop now

Screenshot 2022-05-31 160648.png

Sponsored

Synctheship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where do you guys browse/search for TSBs?
They are sometimes posted here and/or I've gotten them from the JLU/JT Ecodisel owners facebook group. There seems to be a few service writers/techs in that group that don't mind posting TSBs if you ask.

Last edited:

Ingram81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Overland 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have an Diesel Overland and have an issue with bottoming out...any chance this could help me?

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
I went to the dealer with TSB printed out. Left my car, next day they say they can't repro the issue and nothing looks wrong by *visual* inspection. So I asked how one checks dampening and such visually, and they started talking about leaks and whatnot, which I don't believe is the cause of the issue. Now I have to prove to them somehow that this happens. Super annoying.
Sponsored