Sponsored

Your stock Rubicon diesel JT bottoming out? Here’s the fix!!

djthumper

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S Eco Diesel, Jeep Renegade
Occupation
I.T.
I got my Sport back and they replaced the front springs and then upgraded shocks all the way around. In my testing where I had issues before it is much better.
Sponsored

djthumper

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S Eco Diesel, Jeep Renegade
Occupation
I.T.
From what I can tell it is the springs that they started putting into the 2022s. They had to take several measurements and send them back to STAR to be told what to order and install.

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Today I installed the Clayton diesel front springs along with the metalcloak coil pads and daystar 3/4 in spacers front and rear. Already had the metalcloak bump stops installed as well. The ride has significantly improved and no longer bottoms out. The Clayton springs are well worth it if you cant get the fix at the dealer.
Jeep Gladiator Your stock Rubicon diesel JT bottoming out? Here’s the fix!! IMG_8637.JPG

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
I'm now at 7 months and waiting since my dealer told me in March that the parts had been ordered... Multiple service writers and monthly calls later, I've escalated to @JeepCares, and they are working on it, but it's pretty ridiculous. I'm not exactly sure what happened between my dealership and wherever the parts were supposed to come from. Dealer assured me every month that the parts were on order and on the way. When I escalated in August, supposedly there was no order and dealer wanted me to come back to "re-diagnose." I told them that nothing had changed from when the diagnosed it the first time in March! Latest from @JeepCares rep is that new parts have been ordered, but that one of the parts (don't know which one) "has no ETA." In the meantime, I'm still bumping and banging down the road...

Sponsored

HVYMETL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Renegade, 2021 JTDR
Occupation
Manufacturing
I'm now at 7 months and waiting since my dealer told me in March that the parts had been ordered... Multiple service writers and monthly calls later, I've escalated to @JeepCares, and they are working on it, but it's pretty ridiculous. I'm not exactly sure what happened between my dealership and wherever the parts were supposed to come from. Dealer assured me every month that the parts were on order and on the way. When I escalated in August, supposedly there was no order and dealer wanted me to come back to "re-diagnose." I told them that nothing had changed from when the diagnosed it the first time in March! Latest from @JeepCares rep is that new parts have been ordered, but that one of the parts (don't know which one) "has no ETA." In the meantime, I'm still bumping and banging down the road...
Dealer ordered mine and it took roughly a month. Did correct issue about 90%. Having a winch, I probably would consider it a win. I even had the leveling kit installed and thought they might try to say they couldn't do it because of that. They did good and I was happy I took the time to have it done. I'm looking at probably a year or two before a real lift kit will be installed

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
Mine was March 11th to May 31, sounds like it's time to find a new dealer :(
...and I did the Clayton springs at the same time. Those 2 are the only suspension items that have been done on mine and it has fixed it 100%. ZERO bottoming out in the last 4 months, including 1 offroad trip.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supposedly, the parts will now be in on Tuesday. We shall see... My plan is to get the repair done and see where to go from there.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Supposedly, the parts will now be in on Tuesday. We shall see... My plan is to get the repair done and see where to go from there.
A lift kit resolves it. Might be easier and faster for most of the people in here to just put a lift kit on?

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
For me, the Clayton .5 inch diesel springs and a daystar 3/4-inch spacer along with Metalclock front bump stops were enough to fix the issue. I am completely satisfied with the ride now.

Sponsored

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
It’s like Christmas morning today. Today is the day I get my new shocks and bump stops. I’ll test it out and report back. I had a bump that would crush the stops at exactly 10 mph. Regardless of results I will have the Clayton springs on order this week.

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Ok so I got the updated shocks and I will say it's about 50% better. The same speed bump that used to cause a bottom out at 10 mph now doesn't hit the bump stops until around 15-16 mph. It's not as harsh either when it does hit as it doesn't have that metal-on-metal clank. Overall, the ride is much better going down the road as it no longer has that "wobble" feel.

I will still add the clayton springs as well, but happy with it for now and don't have to pucker up before I hit a bump.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so I got the updated shocks and I will say it's about 50% better. The same speed bump that used to cause a bottom out at 10 mph now doesn't hit the bump stops until around 15-16 mph. It's not as harsh either when it does hit as it doesn't have that metal-on-metal clank. Overall, the ride is much better going down the road as it no longer has that "wobble" feel.

I will still add the clayton springs as well, but happy with it for now and don't have to pucker up before I hit a bump.
How long did it take for them to do the install? I'm scheduled to get the fix FINALLY a week from tomorrow...

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
How long did it take for them to do the install? I'm scheduled to get the fix FINALLY a week from tomorrow...

I dropped mine off at 8am and they called me to pick it up around 1-2 in the afternoon. I think Mopar only pays them for 1.2 hours of labor for the warranty work.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Sounds about right, took me about 90 minutes to lift the front of mine today with a jack and hand tools, so I'd imagine with a lift I could do it faster.
Sponsored