Sponsored

Your stock Rubicon diesel JT bottoming out? Here’s the fix!!

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Like the one in this image. But the springs were apparently not improved (6376AA), and a lot of people are complaining that they're insufficient. I've only had the vehicle 2 weeks, so I'm looking in to increasing stiffness and up-travel before I do anything fun with it.
Clayton makes diesel specific springs in a couple hights, I think a 2.5 and 3.5 inch
Sponsored

Last edited:

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Diesel
Clayton makes diesel specific springs in a couple hights, I think a 2 and 3 inch
Skyjacker appears to make JT Diesel specific lift kits. I'm considering the 2.5". But I don't know anything about the height change, increased up-travel or spring rate.

Benharris

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Has anyone heard about a manufacturer fix for the Sport S diesel? I assume it would be very similar parts, if not exactly the same. But so far I've only seen that they're doing this on the Rubicon.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Skyjacker appears to make JT Diesel specific lift kits. I'm considering the 2.5". But I don't know anything about the height change, increased up-travel or spring rate.
I had the Mopar lift installed prior to me taking ownership, so I can't speak to the before/after. But I recall people saying that it added closer to 3" (maybe someone who did the installation themselves can chime in)... the issue is, it leaves the front end with a slight rake. If you like that look, or plan on towing a lot then your golden.... if not, many have added spacers with good results @ less than $50..... but I really want to keep my ride as smooth as possible, so I am thinking springs may be the answer for me. In order to know the needed extra height, up front, I plan to install my winch plate and 12k winch first. I hate spending more $$$ for springs again after the spending the $$$ for the Mopar lift..... but you could most likely avoid this by installing a different brand lift kit.... granted most are way more expensive than the Mopar..... the Mopar is actually a very good deal for what you get, especially if you go the spacer route to level. But considering I can get XXX brand of springs for $250-$375, (I'm considering Clayton) I stll think it would be in the same or cheaper price range for most kits and I would be completely happy with it, as long as it rides as good as it does now on the Mopar springs. If I recall correctly, the MOPAR Diesel specific springs have a rate in the 180 range and for example, Clayton's are are 216 on their 2.5" (someone correct me if I am wrong) .... I know though... decisions, decisions.... lol... it will drive you crazy. Good grief, my head still hurts from just deciding on track bars... lol... but the Rokblokz mud flaps were a no brainer.. ha ha

Sponsored

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the Mopar lift installed prior to me taking ownership, so I can't speak to the before/after. But I recall people saying that it added closer to 3" (maybe someone who did the installation themselves can chime in)... the issue is, it leaves the front end with a slight rake. If you like that look, or plan on towing a lot then your golden.... if not, many have added spacers with good results @ less than $50..... but I really want to keep my ride as smooth as possible, so I am thinking springs may be the answer for me. In order to know the needed extra height, up front, I plan to install my winch plate and 12k winch first. I hate spending more $$$ for springs again after the spending the $$$ for the Mopar lift..... but you could most likely avoid this by installing a different brand lift kit.... granted most are way more expensive than the Mopar..... the Mopar is actually a very good deal for what you get, especially if you go the spacer route to level. But considering I can get XXX brand of springs for $250-$375, (I'm considering Clayton) I stll think it would be in the same or cheaper price range for most kits and I would be completely happy with it, as long as it rides as good as it does now on the Mopar springs. If I recall correctly, the MOPAR Diesel specific springs have a rate in the 180 range and for example, Clayton's are are 216 on their 2.5" (someone correct me if I am wrong) .... I know though... decisions, decisions.... lol... it will drive you crazy. Good grief, my head still hurts from just deciding on track bars... lol... but the Rokblokz mud flaps were a no brainer.. ha ha
It's like going in to Walmart to get a sauce pan. Why are there 73 to choose from?
I just contacted Skyjacker tech support, and the diesel-specific kit below has the following specifications.
https://skyjacker.com/shop/jeep/gla...l-suspension-lift-system-gladiator-jt-diesel/
Brings up the front 2.5" and levels the rear (~1.5")
Spring rates are 115 lb/in and 165 lb/in. Which seem light relative to Clayton. Anyone know what the stock Sport S diesel spring rate is?
Provides an additional 2" up-travel.
I'm compelled to do it. I haven't read anything specific that would make me dubious about Skyjacker in general. The M95 shocks seem to receive positive reviews. If I need it, maybe get some stiffer springs later.
Apologies for the thread hijack......

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
It's like going in to Walmart to get a sauce pan. Why are there 73 to choose from?
I just contacted Skyjacker tech support, and the diesel-specific kit below has the following specifications.
https://skyjacker.com/shop/jeep/gla...l-suspension-lift-system-gladiator-jt-diesel/
Spring rates are 115 lb/in and 165 lb/in. Which seem light relative to Clayton. Anyone know what the stock Sport S diesel spring rate is?
I'm compelled to do it. I haven't read anything specific that would make me dubious about Skyjacker in general. The M95 shocks seem to receive positive reviews. If I need it, maybe get some stiffer springs later.
I wouldn't be afraid of the SkyJacker stuff at all. Two main reasons I went with the Mopar was because I fell into the "Keeps in Warranty hole"... which can be debated to death and the fact I know Mopars Engineers probably spent 10 times the design time than other brands(just my thinking, no facts) and the major fact was it keeps all of the geometry correct. Even the slight rake is by design. I'm sure you will be more than happy any route you choose, keep us informed.. Ditto on the HiJack.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
That's a light front spring. The Clayton .5" spring for a diesel is 166 I believe.

djthumper

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S Eco Diesel, Jeep Renegade
Occupation
I.T.
Has anyone heard about a manufacturer fix for the Sport S diesel? I assume it would be very similar parts, if not exactly the same. But so far I've only seen that they're doing this on the Rubicon.
Mine is currently in the shop for this very setup. I am fortunate enough to have a service manager that listened to me. They had it up on the lift and took photos and all of the measurements. They submitted it up to STAR and waiting to hear back from them. We hope to hear more information tomorrow,

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a light front spring. The Clayton .5" spring for a diesel is 166 I believe.
Do you happen to know what the stock diesel spring rate is? On the Sport S (6376AA). Cursory google search didn't reveal anything useful.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Do you happen to know what the stock diesel spring rate is? On the Sport S (6376AA). Cursory google search didn't reveal anything useful.
There has been no one that has found any spring rates for oem springs that I know of.

Benharris

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Mine is currently in the shop for this very setup. I am fortunate enough to have a service manager that listened to me. They had it up on the lift and took photos and all of the measurements. They submitted it up to STAR and waiting to hear back from them. We hope to hear more information tomorrow,
So is yours a Sport S, or at least a non- Rubicon?

djthumper

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T.
So is yours a Sport S, or at least a non- Rubicon?
Sport S Eco Diesel. They took it out and was able to recreate the problem without trying too hard.

djthumper

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T.
They are ordering shocks all the way around and replacing the front springs. They were instructed to take measurements in certain areas. I hope to have it back by Wednesday and then hopefully can give a report on how the ride is.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
They are ordering shocks all the way around and replacing the front springs. They were instructed to take measurements in certain areas. I hope to have it back by Wednesday and then hopefully can give a report on how the ride is.
Is there an updated TSB? I still have to prove to my dealer that this is happening to me (or prove I’m wrong) as their tech couldn’t repro and didn’t see anything by visual inspection.
Sponsored