First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
Have you seen interiors on higher trim level Fords? They are usually pretty nice.
Yeah I did , drove a Bronco and a F150 Raptor and TMO ok they are nice but not as nice as a JEEP or a Ram .
Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
They already tried the 2.0, won't work in the gladiator with towing.
The new inline 6 could work ? In fact now even more than ever the big flaw of the pentastar is the momentum . Power aren’t than far but big difference is torque .

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The new inline 6 could work ? In fact now even more than ever the big flaw of the pentastar is the momentum . Power aren’t than far but big difference is torque .
I'd love for the i6 to work, not sure if it will but I bet they're trying to fit it in.

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
Whoa... that Raptor is sexy!
No drinking any Haterade here! I'd love one of those in the stable too!
I don't really see it as competition for my JTM tho... I'd use them complementary with each other.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Yeah I did , drove a Bronco and a F150 Raptor and TMO ok they are nice but not as nice as a JEEP or a Ram .
I haven’t been around a high trim Ram lately, but I don’t think the Gladiator interior is as nice as the F150. Better leather in the F150. Better gauges. Better steering wheel buttons and layout. Better window switches. The only thing I think the Gladiator does better is the screen.

Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
I haven’t been around a high trim Ram lately, but I don’t think the Gladiator interior is as nice as the F150. Better leather in the F150. Better gauges. Better steering wheel buttons and layout. Better window switches. The only thing I think the Gladiator does better is the screen.
Oh interesting. It’s the proof that all the tastes are in the nature .
is it maybe because I really love FCA products or my own personal tastes .
I’ve always found ford Interior not cute with rudged plastic.
i will take a better look nextweek when I will try the ranger Raptor . And let’s hope I will
Be able to see the new Raptor V8 to see if they are some difference .

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Good to have options in mid-size, I am liking that Colorado Zxx in the other thread...Ranger raptor sound sweet too, but if they haven't added at least a sun roof yet (they didn't have them when I was shopping in late 2021), they can keep it...Also, if they are just offering dark color seats and interior they can keep it some more. I never will do dark on a truck I take to the beach in summer and one day into the desert.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
I heavily cross-shopped midsize trucks and am a former 5G Ranger owner. Idk what the statistics are but I imagine most people who buy "off-road oriented" trucks never actually take them off road and there is a lot of competition among midsize trucks. Go on any forum and you'll see threads where other trucks are discussed and the multitude of people willingly saying they would consider a different brand. With that said, I don't think I'd touch another Ford for a while. My 5G had so many issues that were completely unrelated to each other and the build quality was shockingly bad. The interior was extremely cheap imo. It
just left a bad taste in my mouth. The JT fit and finish and quality of materials on the inside is on a different level than the Ranger and from what I can tell, the 6G is still using cheap, ill-fitting, poorly made plastics on the inside. Some people don't care about that however and I'd be remiss if I said I wouldn't at least test drive a Ranger Raptor. But when the salesmen says it'll cost me 70 grand.. don't think I can swallow that. I think I read base MSRP would be around 55. The primary selling feature for me on the JT wasn't the doors or convertible or axles but that I could order one exactly as I wanted with a manual trans and get it within 2 or 3 months.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
What level f150? I had an xlt 2015, that thing was a penalty box of an interior. Perhaps on the high high end they're better, but the average f150 interior is horrid. The Ram is consistently considered the best domestic interior bar none (domestic luxury cars included) and even on the big horn I had was just head and shoulders more refined than the f150.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.

Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I was privileged to drive a F150 LTX for a month while my JT was being repaired after an accident. During that time we also had an approx 1500 mile road trip, so I can make an in town and on hwy comparison.

IMO the F150 interior was not as finished as the JT. The interior tactile experience was of cheap plastic everywhere. It was comfortable due to the room. It drove great on our road trip. Got 24 MPG at one point and it had the 5.0, in town the 10spd trans was possessed ... it could'nt make up it's mind what gear it wanted to be in. On the hwy it worked fine except for the occasional hard downshift that would lift an eye brow. Not on off-road rig by any stretch of the imagination... without heavy modification.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
What level f150? I had an xlt 2015, that thing was a penalty box of an interior. Perhaps on the high high end they're better, but the average f150 interior is horrid. The Ram is consistently considered the best domestic interior bar none (domestic luxury cars included) and even on the big horn I had was just head and shoulders more refined than the f150.
Lariat trim.

I had a rental Ram for 2 weeks and I didn't like the interior at all. I think it was a lower model than a Big Horn though, but I can't think of the name right now.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I was privileged to drive a F150 LTX for a month while my JT was being repaired after an accident. During that time we also had an approx 1500 mile road trip, so I can make an in town and on hwy comparison.

IMO the F150 interior was not as finished as the JT. The interior tactile experience was of cheap plastic everywhere. It was comfortable due to the room. It drove great on our road trip. Got 24 MPG at one point and it had the 5.0, in town the 10spd trans was possessed ... it could'nt make up it's mind what gear it wanted to be in. On the hwy it worked fine except for the occasional hard downshift that would lift an eye brow. Not on off-road rig by any stretch of the imagination... without heavy modification.
Ford doesn't even put leather in the XLT. It's a pretty basic trim level.

The leather is one area I definitely prefer the F150 over the Gladiator. I have a High Altitude Gladiator with the Nappa leather and it's not as nice as my F150 leather. It feels and looks cheaper. It stretches more and looks more worn with 20k less miles on it.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
What do you think they will be ? Hybrid and 2.0?
Hopefully the 3.0T in-line 6. I would also be happy with a 5.7. They also need enticement to pair the Mojave suspension with Rubicon drivetrain and 35” tires from the factory. How about optional 4.88 gears like the JL? There’s all kinds of stuff they could do with available parts but they just won’t offer the combos. Let’s beat that Ranger Raptor!
Sponsored