Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks will do
To summarize, since I've read all of the pages.

Livernois has spent a ton of time and have taken a ton of feedback for customers to perfect their manual tune.

It is in a really good spot now.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
To summarize, since I've read all of the pages.

Livernois has spent a ton of time and have taken a ton of feedback for customers to perfect their manual tune.

It is in a really good spot now.
Awesome thanks, that's good to know. Will definitely give it a look in that case.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I had totally planned on getting the Livernois Tune as soon as my Mojave comes in----but no way can I afford to void the warranty.

Plan B is to get the Pedal Commander and live with more rapid throttle response until the warranty is over and I can then get it tuned.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I had totally planned on getting the Livernois Tune as soon as my Mojave comes in----but no way can I afford to void the warranty.

Plan B is to get the Pedal Commander and live with more rapid throttle response until the warranty is over and I can then get it tuned.
A compromise is to get an additional PCM.

Yes, the dealer will see things like a low key turn count, etc, but other than that there is no proof.

Sponsored

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
A compromise is to get an additional PCM.

Yes, the dealer will see things like a low key turn count, etc, but other than that there is no proof.
I definitely thought about it but it seems pretty obvious that there are way too many dealerships that are just looking to void a warranty.

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Ok so I’ve had the Livernois tuner on for a little over 2,500 miles.
My opinion is it’s a great tune for the 3.6. It’s obvious there is more meat everywhere under the curve. I find it easier and more entertaining to drive. I no longer feel like I can’t get through the gears fast enough to keep up with traffic. Honestly it’s noticeably better, no snake oil here.
Also now my auto stop is set to off unless selected on. It didn’t bother me much stock. There was only one or two times it became bothersome when I was coming to a stop as the light turned green causing a stall(?), or when i just wanted the A/C un hindered at a red light. Overall I’m happy with that change also.

I’ll address what it is not also. It is not a 5.7/6.4 replace or a supercharger. You are not going to find you can burn the tires off when ever you want (like my wifes 5.7 6spd Challenger). It isn’t priced like those options either though.
Now I feel the biggest thing holding back the truck is gearing. It’s to tall IMHO. 100 MPH is reached before 3,500 RPMs and 80 is at around 2,400 RPMs in 6th. It seems like mileage was the target but in 5th your going 80 at around 2,700. Cruising on the highway it’s no problems but when you decide to pass someone when you have already committed to 6th already starts to feel like a gamble as I want to grab 3 or 4 but I usually just go to 5th. If I ever go with bigger tires I will definitely be doing the gears, as I’m tempted now at stock size.

If your are concerned about warranty you will have to drop the $500+ to get a replacement ECU or wait for the warranty to expire.

The biggest down side to me is Livernois does not have as many programming options as a options like a Tazer does golf cart mode would be neat but many do seem kinda gimmicky. I feel the power trade off is worth it to me.

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Ok so I’ve had the Livernois tuner on for a little over 2,500 miles.
My opinion is it’s a great tune for the 3.6. It’s obvious there is more meat everywhere under the curve. I find it easier and more entertaining to drive. I no longer feel like I can’t get through the gears fast enough to keep up with traffic. Honestly it’s noticeably better, no snake oil here.
Also now my auto stop is set to off unless selected on. It didn’t bother me much stock. There was only one or two times it became bothersome when I was coming to a stop as the light turned green causing a stall(?), or when i just wanted the A/C un hindered at a red light. Overall I’m happy with that change also.

I’ll address what it is not also. It is not a 5.7/6.4 replace or a supercharger. You are not going to find you can burn the tires off when ever you want (like my wifes 5.7 6spd Challenger). It isn’t priced like those options either though.
Now I feel the biggest thing holding back the truck is gearing. It’s to tall IMHO. 100 MPH is reached before 3,500 RPMs and 80 is at around 2,400 RPMs in 6th. It seems like mileage was the target but in 5th your going 80 at around 2,700. Cruising on the highway it’s no problems but when you decide to pass someone when you have already committed to 6th already starts to feel like a gamble as I want to grab 3 or 4 but I usually just go to 5th. If I ever go with bigger tires I will definitely be doing the gears, as I’m tempted now at stock size.

If your are concerned about warranty you will have to drop the $500+ to get a replacement ECU or wait for the warranty to expire.

The biggest down side to me is Livernois does not have as many programming options as a options like a Tazer does golf cart mode would be neat but many do seem kinda gimmicky. I feel the power trade off is worth it to me.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

Halfcabnut

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator . 2000 Ford 7.3 Superduty/1974 Ford Bronco Halfcab
Occupation
Sheetmetal Fabricator
Manual folks ... Has the Tune helped with Low Speed Hopping? Dunno what else to call it but many times in first if not in the throttle I get a Hopping sensation I end up slipping clutch a bit or accelerating to overcome it. Hopeful it's a fuel table issue.
For reference mine is a stock Rubicon .
Thanks
Dan

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Manual folks ... Has the Tune helped with Low Speed Hopping? Dunno what else to call it but many times in first if not in the throttle I get a Hopping sensation I end up slipping clutch a bit or accelerating to overcome it. Hopeful it's a fuel table issue.
For reference mine is a stock Rubicon .
Thanks
Dan
We all have a personal relationship with a clutch sometimes. My advice is take control and don't let it do that. Whip it into submission and make it behave at your command. You're in control you're the boss.

Sponsored

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
A quick recap of my experience with the tune. The best upgrade I have made to my Gladiator!!! The engine is super smooth and so is the tranny shifting (auto). It is a night and day situation. Before the cur was sluggish, changed gears not at the perfect times; riding with the cruise control was a nightmare due to gears shifting. Now the truck is simply a pleasure to drive. The only micro complaint is that you need to have a PC to do the updates/programming (Mac is not supported) but this is not a big deal. Well worth the money IMO.

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
golf cart mode would be neat
I'm researching livernois tuning so sorry for bringing a thread back from the dead but wth is golf cart mode?

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
I'm researching livernois tuning so sorry for bringing a thread back from the dead but wth is golf cart mode?
I believe it’s a “Tazer” feature, that will hold the breaks if you press them hard.

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I believe it’s a “Tazer” feature, that will hold the breaks if you press them hard.
Oh. They call it something else I think. I’ve used it by accident a few times haha

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It holds the brakes until something breaks?

Yeah, there's a brake lock feature - is that what that is?
Sponsored