Max Tow Group Now Available On Jeep.com Build & Price Tool

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Hey everyone, exciting news for those of us waiting for the Max Tow group to be available in the Build & Price tool for the Sport and Sport S packages. It is finally up and live on Jeep's website and here are the details from the package. Definitely seems like a great package all around even for those not looking to tow the maximum capacity. You can also add the Trac-Lok Anti-Spin rear differential to the group (sales code: DSA).

Gear Ratios
  • 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio (Sales code: DMF)(Requires Max Tow Package)

Max Tow Package (Sales code: AJQ)
  • 240-Amp Alternator
  • 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio
    • A numerically lower axle ratio results in lower engine rpm and better efficiency. A numerically higher ratio improves acceleration when climbing grades, carrying loads or pulling a trailer.
  • Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc HD Brakes
    • Heavy-duty four-wheel disc antilock brakes are equipped with electronic sensors that help prevent wheel lockup, offering improved steering control under extreme braking or slippery conditions.
  • Class IV Receiver Hitch
    • A frame-mounted Class IV hitch lets you connect a trailer for serious towing.
  • Heavy Duty Dana 44 Wide Front Axle
  • Heavy Duty Dana 44 Wide Rear Axle
  • Daytime Running Lamp System
  • GVW Rating - 6250#
  • Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
  • Molded-In-Color Fender Flares (2-Pc)
  • Trailer Hitch Zoom
    • The ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera[1] provides a wide angle view of the area immediately behind the vehicle when it is shifted into reverse. The display includes dynamic gridlines to aid the driver when maneuvering into parking spaces or narrow areas. It also aids in lining up a trailer to the vehicle's trailer hitch, when so equipped, by allowing the driver to toggle back and forth between the normal view and a 4x zoom mode. The zoom feature is available with the Trailer Tow Package.

1. Always check entire surroundings visually before backing up.
Included are two images of a configured Sport S Max Tow package Gladiator. Note the two piece fender flares and LED marker lamps.

maxtow1.jpg

maxtow2.jpg
Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Nice to see, I'm sure we will be getting all the packages available soon if people are right about prices dropping the second half of the month.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
What is up with the piece between the bumper and the fender? I thought that was only on the European models? Does that come with the Max tow? Or the sport group? I have only really been looking at the Rubicon.

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
What is up with the piece between the bumper and the fender? I thought that was only on the European models? Does that come with the Max tow? Or the sport group? I have only really been looking at the Rubicon.
Homerun that piece is on the Sport and Sport S models and carries over from the JL Wrangler lineup.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Glad to finally see these details. Definitely makes the decision of which trim level to order a little tougher.

Sponsored

marcram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep WK Diesel
What are the
  • Molded-In-Color Fender Flares (2-Pc) ?
Does this mean the flares are not removable. In-Color??? This is not body colored?

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
What are the
  • Molded-In-Color Fender Flares (2-Pc) ?
Does this mean the flares are not removable. In-Color??? This is not body colored?
Marcram, the molded-in-color two piece fender flares are black textured style fender flares with a wider LED DRL light and a two piece design unlike the standard Sport/Sport S flares. They are not colored units like the Overland or Rubicon have/can be be optioned with. They are also likely wider like Rubicon flares to accommodate the wide track axle width change, but we have not received confirmation on that part yet. They are removable just like all of the other flares are but have a two piece design as mentioned earlier.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Can you get the Max Tow package on the Rubicon?

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
What would be the main advantages to the wider axels?
The axles are heavy duty units with a wider track for improved towing capabilities and payload capacity among other things.

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Marcram, the molded-in-color two piece fender flares are black textured style fender flares with a wider LED DRL light and a two piece design unlike the standard Sport/Sport S flares. They are not colored units like the Overland or Rubicon have/can be be optioned with. They are also likely wider like Rubicon flares to accommodate the wide track axle width change, but we have not received confirmation on that part yet. They are removable just like all of the other flares are but have a two piece design as mentioned earlier.

Too bad they are not "high" fenders

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Can you get the Max Tow package on the Rubicon?
Many of the components that make up the Max Tow package for the Sport/Sport S are included in the Trailer Tow package for the Rubicon. The Rubicon with the tow group (3.6/8-speed) will tow 7,000lbs when properly equipped (payload 1,160lbs).

The biggest difference between the Rubicon Trailer Tow package and the Sport/Sport S Max Tow package is the mention of the Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc HD Brakes on the Sport/Sport S Max Tow package. I looked back through the documentation and specifications and I am not seeing a differentiation on the brake systems for the JT so I have to assume based on those data points and the information for the Max Tow package that the Sport/Sport S will actually have bigger brakes than the Rubicon and other models. Hope that helps clear it up a bit.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I assume it's for aerodynamics or something. It is removable.
Sponsored