Max Tow Group Now Available On Jeep.com Build & Price Tool

1. JTRUBI

JTRUBI Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    Jk rubicon
    Liked:
    Anyone notice the max tow forces you to have the automatic ?

62FD15B1-F107-4992-B147-9AA2B0F2EF13.png

IWantAJeepGladiator likes this.
  2. Bagboy

Bagboy New Member

First Name:
    Brett
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 JKU Willys Wheeler W
    Liked:
    I really wanted a Sport with the Max Tow Package, but I need to bump up to Sport S to get the cargo management and electrical hook up in the bed. Still a basic Sport S with the Max Tow seems like a great blank canvas to start with as long as it doesn’t touch the projected Rubicon prices. I can’t let myself get too excited until pricing is released. The JL’s are already outrageously priced and the JT’s are going to be more $$$.

Wraith likes this.
  3. NortheastJeep

NortheastJeep Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    14 Wrangler
    Liked:
    I agree. You can price out a nice fully loaded Ranger for under 40k.

Will I buy a Ranger, no. I do like the concept of taking off doors and roof and still tow . The JL is a different animal vs Gladiator. Hopefully you can get a decent loaded Sport S for 40k ish.
    Sport S would be ideal for my needs.

Do I think it will touch Rubi current prices? I don’t think so. I am not paying close to 60 k for Sport S. So that means I will pay close to 70 k for Gladiator. No way.

We are all guessing on pricing. The Gladiator is def not for everyone.

Wraith likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Wraith

Wraith Moderator

First Name:
    Wraith
    Vehicle(s):
    Owner of 23 Jeeps so far, 2016 GTI currently
    Liked:
    That is correct. The manual has a substantially lower towing capacity (slightly higher payload) so to get the maximum towing capacity you have to have the automatic to hit those numbers.

homerun likes this.
  5. Jeep_VB

Jeep_VB Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    01 Jeep Cherokee (XJ), 18 JLUR (wife's DD), 19 Gladiator Rubicon (sometime in 2019)
    Liked:
    So I was back at my dealer yesterday getting the front license plate Bracket for the JLUR we just bought my wife. I asked about price again. It's is coming in the next 4 weeks I was assured. But I was also told that it is believed the Sport is going to start around high $30's -$40k, when I asked about a fully loaded Rubicon they said it is going to be priced close to a Loaded Rubicon JLUR (the more options added decrease the price gap) I know it doesn't make since just what my dealer told me and they haven't ever given me false info. We will all know soon but this is the most I have been able to get.

6. JTRUBI

JTRUBI Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    Jk rubicon
    Liked:
    That I understand but it would be nice to get the wider axles, 4.10, increased cooling, and HD brakes on a manual sport s since you can get all that on a Rubicon with a 6 speed. Guess I’ll stick to getting the Rubicon.

7. eternus

eternus Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jody
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 JKU Anvil
    Liked:
    While I like to hear the "4 weeks" statement... I will take any other information with a grain of salt. Just because they work for Jeep, they aren't being made privvy to anything that you and I don't already know. That price is just them guessing.

homerun likes this.
  8. Grimmjpr

Grimmjpr New Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 2017 Ford Focus RS - 2015 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
    Liked:
    #38 Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    I agree, though the JK did over the years have special editions that you could option a selectable rear locker. Maybe they will do that at some point. Sport or Sport S with a little lift, bigger tires, max tow and a factory rear locker would be pretty sweet.

9. MrKnowitall

MrKnowitall Active Member

First Name:
    Guenther
    Vehicle(s):
    14 JKU-R
    Liked:
    Maybe that’s what the Freedom edition that popped up recently is- sort of like the Willys Wheeler.