Max Tow Group Now Available On Jeep.com Build & Price Tool

Bagboy

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Willys Wheeler W
I really wanted a Sport with the Max Tow Package, but I need to bump up to Sport S to get the cargo management and electrical hook up in the bed. Still a basic Sport S with the Max Tow seems like a great blank canvas to start with as long as it doesnā€™t touch the projected Rubicon prices. I canā€™t let myself get too excited until pricing is released. The JLā€™s are already outrageously priced and the JTā€™s are going to be more $$$.

NortheastJeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Wrangler
I really wanted a Sport with the Max Tow Package, but I need to bump up to Sport S to get the cargo management and electrical hook up in the bed. Still a basic Sport S with the Max Tow seems like a great blank canvas to start with as long as it doesnā€™t touch the projected Rubicon prices. I canā€™t let myself get too excited until pricing is released. The JLā€™s are already outrageously priced and the JTā€™s are going to be more $$$.
I agree. You can price out a nice fully loaded Ranger for under 40k.

Will I buy a Ranger, no. I do like the concept of taking off doors and roof and still tow . The JL is a different animal vs Gladiator. Hopefully you can get a decent loaded Sport S for 40k ish.
Sport S would be ideal for my needs.

Do I think it will touch Rubi current prices? I donā€™t think so. I am not paying close to 60 k for Sport S. So that means I will pay close to 70 k for Gladiator. No way.

We are all guessing on pricing. The Gladiator is def not for everyone.

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Anyone notice the max tow forces you to have the automatic ?
That is correct. The manual has a substantially lower towing capacity (slightly higher payload) so to get the maximum towing capacity you have to have the automatic to hit those numbers.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
So I was back at my dealer yesterday getting the front license plate Bracket for the JLUR we just bought my wife. I asked about price again. It's is coming in the next 4 weeks I was assured. But I was also told that it is believed the Sport is going to start around high $30's -$40k, when I asked about a fully loaded Rubicon they said it is going to be priced close to a Loaded Rubicon JLUR (the more options added decrease the price gap) I know it doesn't make since just what my dealer told me and they haven't ever given me false info. We will all know soon but this is the most I have been able to get.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
That I understand but it would be nice to get the wider axles, 4.10, increased cooling, and HD brakes on a manual sport s since you can get all that on a Rubicon with a 6 speed. Guess Iā€™ll stick to getting the Rubicon.

That is correct. The manual has a substantially lower towing capacity (slightly higher payload) so to get the maximum towing capacity you have to have the automatic to hit those numbers.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
So I was back at my dealer yesterday getting the front license plate Bracket for the JLUR we just bought my wife. I asked about price again. It's is coming in the next 4 weeks I was assured. But I was also told that it is believed the Sport is going to start around high $30's -$40k, when I asked about a fully loaded Rubicon they said it is going to be priced close to a Loaded Rubicon JLUR (the more options added decrease the price gap) I know it doesn't make since just what my dealer told me and they haven't ever given me false info. We will all know soon but this is the most I have been able to get.
While I like to hear the "4 weeks" statement... I will take any other information with a grain of salt. Just because they work for Jeep, they aren't being made privvy to anything that you and I don't already know. That price is just them guessing.

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
The only thing that would make this Max Tow package better would be if you could get at least one locker, in the rear axle, but I doubt we will see that since they'll want you to jump to the Rubicon for factory lockers.
I agree, though the JK did over the years have special editions that you could option a selectable rear locker. Maybe they will do that at some point. Sport or Sport S with a little lift, bigger tires, max tow and a factory rear locker would be pretty sweet.

Last edited:

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I agree, though the JK did over the years have special editions that you could option a selectable rear locker. Maybe they will do that at some point. Sport or Sport S with a little lift, bigger tires, max tow and a factory rear locker would be pretty sweet.
Maybe thatā€™s what the Freedom edition that popped up recently is- sort of like the Willys Wheeler.

Hosstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So on my Window sticker will it actually say Max Tow?
My sticker says:
Heavy duty 4 wheel anti lock disc brakes
Front and rear heavy duty shock absorbers
Heavy duty engine cooling
Class IV hitch receiver
240 Amp alternator
Trailer hitch zoom

but I have 3.73 gears and DANA M210 front axel and DANA M220 rear axel

So not max tow??

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
So on my Window sticker will it actually say Max Tow?
My sticker says:
Heavy duty 4 wheel anti lock disc brakes
Front and rear heavy duty shock absorbers
Heavy duty engine cooling
Class IV hitch receiver
240 Amp alternator
Trailer hitch zoom

but I have 3.73 gears and DANA M210 front axel and DANA M220 rear axel

So not max tow??
I believe the 210 and 220 axles are the wide max tow axles.

Edit: Max Tow and Rubicon have
ā€¢ DANA M210 WIDE FRONT AXLE (DJF)
ā€¢ DANA M220 WIDE REAR AXLE (DRF)
Also- ANTI-LOCK 4-WHEEL DISC HD BRAKES (BR6) Are standard on all models of the JT according to pg 15 of the order guide.

Last edited:

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
No Max Tow without 4.10s . . .

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
No, from what I have researched, the longer axle/diff combo on the Max Tow is not available with Trac-Loc system used on the standard axle. The Rubi also does not have this option (same rear axle as MaxTow). You get one or the other.
Cheers

nt.archaeology

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Field Surveyor
What are the
  • Molded-In-Color Fender Flares (2-Pc) ?
Does this mean the flares are not removable. In-Color??? This is not body colored?
My dealer was able to put a note in when they took my order. So I have the Max Tow package on a Sport S with Painted fenders. I told her I wouldn't buy it any other way and they were able to get it done.
Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Group Now Available On Jeep.com Build & Price Tool gladiator
Sponsored