Had Line-X spray bed liner applied

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
We do the same thing on the inside. We get that nice new carpet in our trucks and then we immediately cover it all up with rubber. :LOL:

Truck guys are odd, aren't we?
Well the really smart thing that Jeep should do would be to offer an option to have rubber floors instead of carpeted floors, should cost less, not more Jeep(if you are reading this) since they don’t have to carpet the truck. After all many here will go mud slinging with their trucks and many will pull motor boats or sail boats with their trucks. And they will all have to get out of their trucks and go into the water to connect or disconnect their boat from their trailer and then get back into their trucks with their water filled shoes to pull out from the ramp. And all of that water in their shoes would make the carpet all wet and then stinky. So why not just do what Toyota did with the F J Cruiser and make it with a rubber floor? I love that about my FJ. I just wipe it clean. And yes I know that many will go rock crawling. But hey they should try boating or mud slinging too. It’s fun!!!
Sponsored

ClawSS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra, 2010 Camaro. 2009 300C SRT8, 2004 Silverado
So basically, in order to protect our new paint, we pay a shop to destroy our new paint with power sanding tools and then spray a coating over top of the freshly ruined paint. Seems totally asinine doesn't it? :CWL:

I always run bedliners in my beds too, so I'm with you guys. But you gotta' admit it's stupid to ruin the new paint and then cover it up so we'll never see it again for the life of the vehicle all in the name of "protecting the paint".

We do the same thing on the inside. We get that nice new carpet in our trucks and then we immediately cover it all up with rubber. :LOL:

Truck guys are odd, aren't we?
I would not say we are "saving the paint", but more like avoiding the rust. If you ding, scrape, or scratch away the paint (which will happen) then it will expose the steel and within months...rust. A Line-X - like product would help with dings & dents as well as keeping the metal from being exposed.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Had Line X spray liner put in my JT today. I liked the way the bed looked without it, but they did a great job regardless.

They gave me a discount since it was the first Gladiator they’ve done!

Before and after attached!

96195FB8-AB15-47DD-B808-DBF94681DF7B.jpeg

45AE6CEF-ED31-4603-8F09-1AC25AC77A39.jpeg

255C1F9E-D408-4730-9E2E-0E188B771E4B.jpeg
That looks fantastic Sir.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I always run bedliners in my beds too, so I'm with you guys. But you gotta' admit it's stupid to ruin the new paint and then cover it up so we'll never see it again for the life of the vehicle all in the name of "protecting the paint".
I'll do it to protect the box, make it easier to clean, make it consistently look the same, not have to worry about setting things down nicely, instead I can just throw crap back there. I don't like plastic bedliners, personal preference.

i agree its kinda silly to buy $300 rubber mats for inside the car to protect the carpet you'll never see again, but dang is it convenient to power wash the mats. No way I can just pull the carpet out quick and hose off 4 month old yogurt., lol

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I'll do it to protect the box, make it easier to clean, make it consistently look the same, not have to worry about setting things down nicely, instead I can just throw crap back there. I don't like plastic bedliners, personal preference.

i agree its kinda silly to buy $300 rubber mats for inside the car to protect the carpet you'll never see again, but dang is it convenient to power wash the mats. No way I can just pull the carpet out quick and hose off 4 month old yogurt., lol
In the era of Quieter is Nicer, these Carpetings should come standard with the BACKING-Side made of Sound-Deadening Material . . . if they don't already ?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
In the era of Quieter is Nicer, these Carpetings should come standard with the BACKING-Side made of Sound-Deadening Material . . . if they don't already ?
lmao, excellent idea Lou! You should work for weathertech!

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
Isn't the factory spray in bed liner only $495? Curious, why would you go this route.?

Sponsored

grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Isn't the factory spray in bed liner only $495? Curious, why would you go this route.?
Watch the Line X video on here. It’s only 10% more roughly and it has a lifetime warranty vs. the three year warranty from Mopar. It’s also twice as thick.
I was going to do the factory stray in liner as well until I watched the video.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watch the Line X video on here. It’s only 10% more roughly and it has a lifetime warranty vs. the three year warranty from Mopar. It’s also twice as thick.
that video is pretty B. A.

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
Ok makes sense. Guess I would have done the same if I hadn't gotten the LE.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I don't think I could do this to my new Jeep. The sight of them sanding the bed of my new Jeep would make me cringe LOL. I think adding this liner might cause more problems with rust not that I have any evidence but I feel like that is a good possibility, when you sand and spray and if someone doesn't do a good job and a little bit in a corner is not stuck well...
Anyways, GL to the folks who do this but this one is def not for me, more so because I am not going to be using this truck as a work truck :)

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I read that line x does color bed liners. I wonder how much that would cost and look on my fire cracker red one.
@Vismich it looks awesome.
Sounds like its basically the same cost as the factory option, so the color matching/accenting is a nice feature, especially with the simpler colors. If they are already prepping the truck, spraying the rockers will be cheaper than by itself, too.
Sponsored