Sponsored

5% under invoice is currently the best deal?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
"Buyer" option: read forum to get your price point. Learn a couple words like invoice, 7%. Then go find a buyer. Pay that dude 500 bucks to do legwork. One day soon, walk into dealer, sign, drive. I have not done this, but have seen it happen multiple times in dealerships.
Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Curious what those of you purchasing from Kent are getting for a finance rate. When I told him I was bringing my own financing, the price went up $2,000. MSRP on my order was only $40k, so not financing with him essentially put the proposed deal at invoice.

I went elsewhere and got 6.2% below invoice, without financing, affiliate pricing, or a trade-in. Everyone seems happy with Kent, but I was turned off with a 5% increase if I didn’t finance with him.
Still waiting on my Granite LE, but someone else who recently bought from him said the financing rate was ~5.5%. You can either make a really large first payment, or just refinance it in 60 days or whatever the minimum time is with your CU (my plan). One of the ways he's making money is kickback through the financing. If you don't like that, then you've got an out by paying an extra $2k. Gotta run the numbers and see what works for you.

Sounds like you got a great deal. Feel free to share your dealer info so others can benefit from the info.

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
Still waiting on my Granite LE, but someone else who recently bought from him said the financing rate was ~5.5%. You can either make a really large first payment, or just refinance it in 60 days or whatever the minimum time is with your CU (my plan). One of the ways he's making money is kickback through the financing. If you don't like that, then you've got an out by paying an extra $2k. Gotta run the numbers and see what works for you.

Sounds like you got a great deal. Feel free to share your dealer info so others can benefit from the info.
5.5% is brutal. I went with Bank of America at 3.14% for 60 months, financed $30k. The difference between 3.14% and 5.5% with all other terms the same is $1,920. Kent was going to increase my sale price $2,000 ... so the math works out. I would definitely refinance as soon as I could if I financed through them to get their deal.

I went with Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs ... excellent customer service, and they have been great to deal with even after I picked up my order. I've posted in threads quite a bit, but people can PM me if they have questions.

smess

Now I finally get it, dealer net is 3% under invoice for a regular dealer that doesn't reach super high level volume discounts. when you all are saying you are getting 5% below some of you are referring to MSRP and others are referring to invoice. So the dealer is playing with the numbers to get you to believe you are getting this screaming deal when in reality they are making the money on the financing so the smoke and mirrors on the number is so everyone can brag on the forums.

Lets start a new thread, what % off of invoice are you getting when paying cash and not financing with the dealer and please post the buyers order with the name crossed out. then we will have something worth reading because I don't believe dealers sell cars at a loss unless they get stuck with the weird color no option white elephants that no one wants. not Rubicons on a brand new model that people have been waiting for 20 years to happen again.

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I finally get it, dealer net is 3% under invoice for a regular dealer that doesn't reach super high level volume discounts. when you all are saying you are getting 5% below some of you are referring to MSRP and others are referring to invoice. So the dealer is playing with the numbers to get you to believe you are getting this screaming deal when in reality they are making the money on the financing so the smoke and mirrors on the number is so everyone can brag on the forums.

Lets start a new thread, what % off of invoice are you getting when paying cash and not financing with the dealer and please post the buyers order with the name crossed out. then we will have something worth reading because I don't believe dealers sell cars at a loss unless they get stuck with the weird color no option white elephants that no one wants. not Rubicons on a brand new model that people have been waiting for 20 years to happen again.
My MSRP was $39,545 (spray-in bedliner was not provided so subtract $495 from my stated MSRP).

Invoice was $38,488 after bedliner was removed.

My sales price was $36,051, which is 6.34% below invoice, and 8.84% below MSRP.

Add in $518.94 in dealer and state fees and I am an even 5% below invoice.

Add in my taxes of $1,461 and I’m still 1.2% below invoice.

I did not finance with dealer, did not have a trade in, and have affiliate membership in Access Fund (only $35) but did not use affiliate pricing.

7B807634-3CC7-4B3E-86EB-A47D70493136.jpeg

BFBF4864-3324-4E2F-8505-E987B34D64CB.jpeg

E9AC0895-C7EA-4C1E-B1F6-66DC818E5D3C.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
KDR83

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon

Criswell is 5% under invoice with no dealer financing required.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
5.5% is brutal. I went with Bank of America at 3.14% for 60 months, financed $30k. The difference between 3.14% and 5.5% with all other terms the same is $1,920. Kent was going to increase my sale price $2,000 ... so the math works out. I would definitely refinance as soon as I could if I financed through them to get their deal.

I went with Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs ... excellent customer service, and they have been great to deal with even after I picked up my order. I've posted in threads quite a bit, but people can PM me if they have questions.
You've gotta run the numbers and see what makes the best sense for you. And also figure in travel costs. Everyone's situation is unique, and what may work for one person may not for the next.

For me, on launch day, only 3 dealers were willing to deal on the LE: Kent @ Peterson in Nampa, ID, @spenchey, and @Travis@TriCityJeep. These 3 dealers were all doing 5% under invoice. Kent is the closest for me, and significantly less than what any SoCal dealer was willing to sell LEs for.

Kent has pages and pages of excellent reviews, and everyone getting basically the same deal. Current pricing may change slightly over time based on affiliate pricing, but think he's still around 5% under invoice. I personally have been getting a little frustrated with him the last few weeks (was talking with him about switching my Granite LE order for a Silver LE coming to his lot), and his communication is definitely hit or miss.

I don't think anyone is holding onto Kent's financing long term. You just refinance. It's auto finance, not rocket science. The difference in interest for your $30k financed amount between 5.5% and 3.14% over 3 months is $174.64. This assumes you don't drop a large payment on the first payment. Then you refi with whatever bank/CU you want. But if you don't want to bother refinancing, go ahead and bring your own financing and pay an extra $2000. No one (in their right mind) would hold onto that for the entire term of the loan so your $1920 figure is meaningless. Personally I'll switch to my CU at 2.49%.

Looking at your invoice, they also charged you $490 delivery and handling. Kent doesn't charge that (though there is a $299 doc fee). So in the end, if you include the difference in interest, the fees are about the same ($299+$174.64=$473.64 vs. $490).

I think your experience with Faricy Boys is unique. Only other recent mention of them on the forum is this in this thread, and @Sgt Beavis got 3% under invoice WITH affiliate pricing:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...estige-jeep-in-colorado-5-below-invoice.16062
I also think @Sorbs, who lives in CO Springs, had an experience with them but still bought their last 2 Jeeps from Kent and may chime in. Point is, I'm not seeing pages upon pages of people getting 6% under invoice from Faricy. You definitely did, and @Sgt Beavis definitely did not. Would be interesting if they really are offering 6% under invoice and Faricy would have their own thread about all the members getting that kind of pricing.

I chuckled when this one came up in the search results, where you said Faricy was no help:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...cing-post-your-build.15060/page-7#post-213580

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

Here's my LE pricing from Kent. Registering in OR, so no sales tax (but there is a new OR "vehicle privilege fee" which is the $102 shown). That's 11% under MSRP, or 5% under invoice ($58,379). Out the door 10.3% under MSRP, or 4.3% under invoice. Everyone's out the door percentages depend on local taxes so will vary.

As mentioned previously, I think he's charging another $2k if you bring your own financing or pay cash. Cheaper to finance with him, drop a large payment for payment #1 (i.e. almost pay off the entire balance), and pay it off after 90 days. But run your own numbers and see what works.
upload_2019-8-13_7-27-23.png

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Mike Clinnin in Buford, Georgia does a no-hassle, no-strings-attached 5% below Invoice (not MSRP). I submitted my order with him last week.

Sponsored

JeepTodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Galadiator Rubicon & Jeep Wrangler
I purchased Gladiator Rubicon on 8/10 with MSRP at $61,275. Negotiated $5000 reduction for 8.2% off MSRP.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
You've gotta run the numbers and see what makes the best sense for you. And also figure in travel costs. Everyone's situation is unique, and what may work for one person may not for the next.

I think your experience with Faricy Boys is unique. Only other recent mention of them on the forum is this in this thread, and @Sgt Beavis got 3% under invoice WITH affiliate pricing:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...estige-jeep-in-colorado-5-below-invoice.16062
I also think @Sorbs, who lives in CO Springs, had an experience with them but still bought their last 2 Jeeps from Kent and may chime in. Point is, I'm not seeing pages upon pages of people getting 6% under invoice from Faricy. You definitely did, and @Sgt Beavis definitely did not. Would be interesting if they really are offering 6% under invoice and Faricy would have their own thread about all the members getting that kind of pricing.

I chuckled when this one came up in the search results, where you said Faricy was no help:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...cing-post-your-build.15060/page-7#post-213580
Now, in Colorado, when selling Colorado Cadillacs, it truly is a sellers market for Jeeps. Also, Faricy is far superior than the other CDJR dealers. They used to advertise their discounts on the web but I'm no longer seeing that when I checked today before responding to kayakmike.

My experience when I tried buying from Faricy, when the JL was still new; Sat in the waiting room, test drove a few JLs, and when it came time to deal it was sticker less $3k-ish. When I said I wanted to order I was passed off to the internet folks. Then, I found the JL Forum, and saved about $9k on my build buying in Nampa.

Paid off the JLR's Wells Fargo auto loan that Stampede setup and then the Gladiator LE arrived. Did the same thing. Saved a boat load off of MSRP, got a damn decent trade-in on our 2015 Ecodiesel GC, and drove to drop off the GC and pick up the LE. This time loan is though Capital One. Total loan fee will be about $250 after payoff.

Saved $9k off MSRP on an LE:

• Cost to drive to Nampa from Colorado Springs = $250 with overnight stay and my last two tanks of diesel.
  • Loan interest at payoff = $250.
  • Counting the trip back, we drove through multiple national parks, and did a bunch of sightseeing, spent about $1,500.
  • So, including the tacked on vacation, saved $7k. Giving Faricy their standard $3k discount I'm still ahead $4k.

In my experience buying from Kent; the savings, convenience when ordering new, and no hassle trade-in can't be beat. Since I've purchased many, many, many...new cars in my life, buying this way is the only way. I'm never going to buy a new vehicle any other way, as long as Kent's still in the business, when I need a new car/truck/Jeep. I've referred many people his way and they all say the same thing.

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah, Faricy played hard ball early on and I had marked them off my list because they were not giving discounts. I didn't want an LE and by the time some of my options rolled around, I reached back out and they clearly had more flexibility. I think they would be pretty easy to get to 3% on an order, I don't expect them to go down to 5% or better very often. For me, driving 30 minutes from work and getting 6.2% off was a no brainer, and again, they have been excellent customer service.

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at your invoice, they also charged you $490 delivery and handling. Kent doesn't charge that (though there is a $299 doc fee). So in the end, if you include the difference in interest, the fees are about the same ($299+$174.64=$473.64 vs. $490).
It is all about the math in the end, that's why it's important to understand all costs, not just the sales price. I remember Prestige in Colorado was doing "5% below invoice", but that didn't include the approx. $1,200 in fees, which completely negates any savings one would gain from going there. Faricy was $490 in D&H, but only $29 in doc fees. With all of Faricy's fees/etc thrown in, I was at 5% below, which was better than I could get elsewhere.

dangerousone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
It is all about the math in the end, that's why it's important to understand all costs, not just the sales price. I remember Prestige in Colorado was doing "5% below invoice", but that didn't include the approx. $1,200 in fees, which completely negates any savings one would gain from going there. Faricy was $490 in D&H, but only $29 in doc fees. With all of Faricy's fees/etc thrown in, I was at 5% below, which was better than I could get elsewhere.
I just purchased my new JT Rubicon from Steve at Prestige, it may be a December End of year deal but I got 6% under Invoice. I highly suggest if you're in the market to buy, visit them!

They also gave me a good return on my 2014 Rubicon on Trade.
John

2020 JT Rubicon - Punk'N
MSRP $53,505
INVOICE $50,553
PRICE $47,520 (plus Tax)

Steve Speliotes
Internet Sales Consultant
303-651-3000
303-946-4820- Cell
http://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Steve-Speliotes-review-378026/

Punkn_Prestige_03.jpeg
Sponsored