Off-road camper options for the Gladiator

gladi_recon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I just completing a trip ~1600miles with my Turtleback Expedition trail in the truck. Trailer is somewhere around the 2700lb range depending if the 42gallon water tank is full or not. This trailer can go anywhere my jku or jt will go on the trails and then still have a hot shower and full kitchen at a remote campsite or campground.

IMG_5073.JPG

IMG_5103.JPG

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I just completing a trip ~1600miles with my Turtleback Expedition trail in the truck. Trailer is somewhere around the 2700lb range depending if the 42gallon water tank is full or not. This trailer can go anywhere my jku or jt will go on the trails and then still have a hot shower and full kitchen at a remote campsite or campground.

IMG_5073.JPG

IMG_5103.JPG
Hot shower? That's awesome. What is it using for that? What shower tent do you recommend?

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
I went and checked the rv dealer next to me. They had some pretty crazy stuff. Apparently I had no idea what was going on in this market. These were 50k but pretty badass for sure! Ill pass and take a 2nd gladiator...
https://www.blackseriescamper.com/

hq19-product.jpg

hq19-suspension.jpg

hq19-exterior.jpg

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went and checked the rv dealer next to me. They had some pretty crazy stuff. Apparently I had no idea what was going on in this market. These were 50k but pretty badass for sure! Ill pass and take a 2nd gladiator...
https://www.blackseriescamper.com/

hq19-product.jpg

hq19-suspension.jpg

hq19-exterior.jpg
I looked at those. They're amazing. I think the only way i'd get one is if I sold the house and was going to live in it full time.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Those are the control arms.

The Australians have their fecal matter aligned in a linear fashion when it comes to off road trailer, the Aussies have really poured some effort and thought into the game.
interesting, seems like a logical way to do it actually.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
these Aussie off-roaders are spectacular, but how do they justify the cost? Do people there make that much more than we do in the USA?

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think a big part of the cost here is the boat ride, then secondary dealer mark up.
ah yeah that makes sense. I remember looking at a campervan that costs 40k more in the USA just because that is what the market is here.