Sponsored

Confirmed: 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT) gets 3.0L diesel, hard/soft tops, longer frame, beefier axles

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
What are the guesstimates of the 3.0 diesel mpg and what might be the GVWR? I'm only asking because my business will be purchasing this and I need the GVWR to be 6000 lbs or greater...
JKU Rubicon GVWR is already 5700lbs for the Pentastar, so 6,000lbs+ is pretty much guaranteed in a JT EcoDiesel.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
My whole reason for the post was my worry of the additional cost of the DEF to my regular fuel costs. I guess I should have expressed that when I posted the article. The cost of diesel is irrelevant in the decision making process, here in Texas, due to the cost of regular and desiel always being the same. Not sure if that even matters at this point. I am glad to see that people are really looking into the decision of acquiring the 3.0 lt. turbo desiel as well...

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
My whole reason for replying is that the facts/reasons are good enough for the EcoDiesel to be a Perfect fit for the JT, that there's no need for misleading/false information either as post or as linked to content.

I've often said the 3.0L is the only absolutely REQUIRED engine option for the JT since it was announce, and without it (if EPA went sideways or by marketing choice) they would be crippling not only the vehicle but its chances at sales success.

I am positive about the EcoDiesel, but let's be accurate with what we are portraying and not trying to do a sell/snow-job like people do with the EcoBusts.

If the EcoDiesel is a worthy choice, which I think it is, then the reality should convey that better than something that plays fast and loose with the facts.

rodhotter

Banned
Banned
First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan frontier SV 2001 audi TT 225Q
my first pickup an 08 colorado LS 4 WD 5spd manual standard cab, cheap but gets the job done! really don't like big trucks but a small to midsize 2 door with removeable top or possibly the softie will be hard to resist!!! looking forward to seeing + driving one ASAP

Sponsored

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
I know they've released the colors for the new Wrangler. Do you think they will keep the same colors for the JT or will they have a different variation?
I'm hoping for a retro army green/silver pewter kind of color

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
The Gladiator's release a year after the JL will most likely include a new color or colors. IMHO

Sponsored

rodhotter

Banned
Banned
First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan frontier SV 2001 audi TT 225Q
most will not need or use a diesel as intended, long highway miles + towing heavier loads. anyone that never owned a diesel don't realise their extra running costs beside the DEF fluid. not if but when the particulate filter craps out for any number of reasons it will cost thousands $$$$$ if not covered by warranty!!! they are said to be lifetime but that means until warranty is out, or sooner if a manufacturer detects any EXCUSE to refuse a warranty claim!!!!!

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Based on the frame length of the new Wrangler plus the bumper length, will someone with the specs needed extrapolate what the overall length will be for the JT?
Some of the latest images make it look almost as big as the RAM.
I'm already starting to plan my garage re-arrangement to make sure I have enough room for it! :beer:

At least I have a year to figure it out though. :time:

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Based on the frame length of the new Wrangler plus the bumper length, will someone with the specs needed extrapolate what the overall length will be for the JT?
Some of the latest images make it look almost as big as the RAM.
I'm already starting to plan my garage re-arrangement to make sure I have enough room for it! :beer:

At least I have a year to figure it out though. :time:
I am with you Gladiator4Runner, I too have a 5th Gen 4R, I need to determine if the JT will fit in my garage that is well over 100 years old.
Can someone do a mock up based on the frames, how long they think the JT will be overall, and also how long the wheelbase would be? I know this is just an estimate.
My little research, showed the Brute Double to be at 139" WB and 216" Overall Length. I assume that the JT would be similar, but could it be even longer? If the answer is yes, then I will need to stop daydreaming about the JT and start dreaming of a Diesel JLU to replace my 4Runner
Sponsored