Sponsored

Overland 18” wheels and 33”, 35”, 37” tires?

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Can anyone who’s added 33”, 35”, and 37” tires to Overland 18” wheels please post photos AND the details on what lift mods you had to do to accommodate?
Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Can anyone who’s added 33”, 35”, and 37” tires to Overland 18” wheels please post photos AND the details on what lift mods you had to do to accommodate?
Just use the search tool—it’s been covered quite a bit.

In short, it seems the overland can accommodate a 35” tires without a lift, though you can expect rubbing under off-road conditions.

A 1.5” (or more) lift addresses the rubbing and may suit your personal aesthetics better.

I have settled on 285/75R18 tires (not too wide, but looks good to me w/o a lift and I do not intended to go off-road).

OP
OP
TYJ

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yeah, those are the same size tires I currently have as well. I’ve searched plenty, but I’m hoping we can consolidate Overland 18” wheel/tire info here on this thread including lots of photos and details of several Overland 18” options and the details that make each possible.

Last edited:

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll be happy to post once I get my truck from Travis.

Right now, I’m just trying to figure out my spare tire situation, as my original plan was to get 285/75R18 for all five wheels, but it seems the Overland spare wheel is a 17” rim. So, I still have to choose between a “close” diameter 17” tire, or using some form of 18” wheel in place if the standard spare.

Paul Pezie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland 2020
Went with 2 inch Mopar lift with 1.5 Teraflex spacer in front to help level out.

Wheels are 37x12.5x20.
+1 offset. Sticks out about 1 inch. No rubbing at all.

IMG_7903.jpg

Sponsored

HouseofBoyd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kentuckyhotwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1968 VW Beetle
Occupation
IT Engineer
Just use the search tool—it’s been covered quite a bit.

In short, it seems the overland can accommodate a 35” tires without a lift, though you can expect rubbing under off-road conditions.

A 1.5” (or more) lift addresses the rubbing and may suit your personal aesthetics better.

I have settled on 285/75R18 tires (not too wide, but looks good to me w/o a lift and I do not intended to go off-road).
I am torn between the 275/65 and the 285/75 because I was unsure if the 285/75 would fit without any rub on stock wheels...You've inspired me to strongly consider the 285/75 now... :)

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am torn between the 275/65 and the 285/75 because I was unsure if the 285/75 would fit without any rub on stock wheels...You've inspired me to strongly consider the 285/75 now... :)
I was in the same dilemma as you.

I am very happy with my choice—it just looks great, and no issues for me or others that have this size on Overland rims (I think the sport and sport s guys have to take off some sort of extra plastic bits from their bumpers).

HouseofBoyd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kentuckyhotwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1968 VW Beetle
Occupation
IT Engineer
I was in the same dilemma as you.

I am very happy with my choice—it just looks great, and no issues for me or others that have this size on Overland rims (I think the sport and sport s guys have to take off some sort of extra plastic bits from their bumpers).
If you don't mind me asking, what brand did you go with?

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

BK_Hanfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - Hydro Blue, MT
Vehicle Showcase
It's been posted elsewhere but the following seems like a good starting point
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/
https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

I've looked through the Wrangler forums, not sure I'll ever be right in the head after reading the tire size postings - Lots of options
I was going to get some different rims, may end up getting some other Overland wheels and installing more aggressive tires (mainly for snow in my area), swap tire sets as needed

Dr Kel

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2020 GMC Denali HD, ...
Occupation
Goddess of Unstructured Data
Vehicle Showcase
not sure I'll ever be right in the head after reading the tire size postings - Lots of options
Tell me about it! My new tires and wheels are on their way finally, and I’ve been having anxiety over them since I made the purchase. Only took two months and changing my mind 4.8 million times. :idea:

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Tell me about it! My new tires and wheels are on their way finally, and I’ve been having anxiety over them since I made the purchase. Only took two months and changing my mind 4.8 million times. :idea:
That about sums it up doe me. Almost cost me my marriage as I spent way too much time on the forums and wheel and tire websites.
Which wheels and tires did you order?

Dr Kel

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2020 GMC Denali HD, ...
Occupation
Goddess of Unstructured Data
Vehicle Showcase
That about sums it up doe me. Almost cost me my marriage as I spent way too much time on the forums and wheel and tire websites.
Which wheels and tires did you order?
LOL! My boyfriend has been patient and encouraging. Worse yet he almost had me buying a 2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder. Go figure! :CWL:

Anyhow, I got 18x9 Grid GD12 with 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. :fingerscrossed:

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
LOL! My boyfriend has been patient and encouraging. Worse yet he almost had me buying a 2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder. Go figure! :CWL:

Anyhow, I got 18x9 Grid GD12 with 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. :fingerscrossed:
Can you share a picture when you get them on?
Sponsored