Sponsored

"I didn't know Jeep made a pickup"

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
I have had my Gladiator for 2 days and have heard this three times.

It does seem like FCA isn't pushing this very hard for a new model. I have heard from a friend who is a RAM dealer that some of the ram guys are bent out of shape that they didn't get a new model with it.(supposably a Dakota is coming) Maybe they are worried about it cannibalizing truck sales and don't want to step on ram dealers toes by pushing the Jeep hard?
Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
It does seem like FCA isn't pushing this very hard for a new model
You only advertise to create market demand where there is none (where there is an excess of supply). That said, if the JTs are not selling well, they will be marketed more. The current $2k incentive is an example of this.

There will be a Gladiator commercial on tonight featuring Bill Murray, a Punk'n Rubicon and a groundhog.

Daveark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKR, 2016 JKUHR, 1956 F250, 2016 Miata MX-5, 2017 F450, 2011 Ram 3500, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Bill Murray is a freakin’ national treasure.

Groundhogs are apparently his movie spirit animal.

Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep doesn't make a pickup. They make THE pickup.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There are plenty of trucks that are more "pickup-y" than the gladiator. And there are plenty of Jeeps that are more "Jeep-y" than the gladiator. But....there are ZERO vehicles that are as BOTH pickup-y and Jeepy as the gladiator is.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There are plenty of trucks that are more "pickup-y" than the gladiator. And there are plenty of Jeeps that are more "Jeep-y" than the gladiator. But....there are ZERO vehicles that are as BOTH pickup-y and Jeepy as the gladiator is.
OK that's fair I thought the same thing and hesitated on "post reply" button. :). Always good to promote discussion though. Gladiator is certainly the most interesting pickup of 2020, hard to argue against that. But the core F150, Silverado, RAM 1500 half tons are the definition of pickup. Two out of those three I have also owned in the past. If I had to buy a full size today it would be RAM (the one I haven't owned yet).

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Well I traded in my Ram limited to purchase what I call an elemental vehicle, and I am extremely pleased so far.
20190704_130646.jpg
20200202_154753.jpg

You should be pleased... that's very sharp-looking.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Well I traded in my Ram limited to purchase what I call an elemental vehicle, and I am extremely pleased so far.
This probably won't be a popular opinion, but whenever I see a Ram I always think its the pickup equivalent of a late 90s Crown Vic or Caprice. It just looks overly bloated and generally blah.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Nothing bad about that. They are the modern equivalent of those cars. They were a 1st class comfort in the day and the Ram was the easiest, smoothest driving vehicle, I have ever owned. Really was nothing it could not do well. In fact so much so, for a car guy like me, it ended up bumming me out, because I found it hard to make it my own without taking away from the excellent design that was already there. Guess I was just not ready to be that hands off:)
This probably won't be a popular opinion, but whenever I see a Ram I always think its the pickup equivalent of a late 90s Crown Vic or Caprice. It just looks overly bloated and generally blah.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’d say 100,000,000 or so people saw Bill Murray and Punxsutawney Phil in a Jeep pickup today. I suspect at least some of these people will buy one.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If there's a truck in the midsize class that's more truck-like than the Gladiator, I'd like to see it. The JT out-specs them all.

As far as the "I didn't know Jeep made a pickup" comment...just wait OP, you'll hear a lot better ones than that! I had a woman tell me that she couldn't believe I cut up a perfectly good Wrangler. :facepalm:

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
both nice rigs, but the RAM is a little sissy LA LA for off-roading, that said, RAM's are great daily drivers with plush accommodations.
But there is something to be said for a Jeep truck you can use a Gas Blower on to clean out and use it to pound thru the wilderness with pride, enjoy!

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
If there's a truck in the midsize class that's more truck-like than the Gladiator, I'd like to see it. The JT out-specs them all.
Yeah...the comment i was replying to didnt specify class...just trucks. I stand by what I said.
Sponsored