Sponsored

Overall who's pretty pleased with the power output of their Gladiator

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Yes, but you just lost $22K by doing so... They don’t just put that money towards the next lease... That $22K I would have theoretically just pissed-away would have bought me almost an entire 6.4 Hemi swap, including all the labor. Might as well keep it put towards my current one. Build it how I want it, then 6.4 Hemi swap it, Right?
I must’ve missed where you said you put money down. I essentially gave them 2k with my trade, so I’m not out anything by turning it in.
Sponsored

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I’m plenty happy with it. I’d owned a 09 jk years ago which had the dreaded 3.8 minivan engine. Coupled with the fact I was coming from a Maserati SUV I was worried the Gladiator would be very sluggish. I am surprised even after lift and 37’s it seems to be just fine. I’m sure the 4.10 gears helps a lot.
Exactly...I traded in a Porsche Macan though a V6 was turbo'd. And before that, a Mercedes E 550 boost to 550hp. If you think ice cream, both of those were a very nice vanilla, my JTR is Rocky Road! It was not bought to be a speed demon nor expected to, but after lifting 2.5", adding 37's" even with the Rubicon's 4.10's it was missing a little umph...just switched (as per my build plan) to 4.88's (got it back today!) and lo and behold, pep is there (and maybe a little bit more) and the tranny runs like the upgrades came from the factory.

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly...I traded in a Porsche Macan though a V6 was turbo'd. And before that, a Mercedes E 550 boost to 550hp. If you think ice cream, both of those were a very nice vanilla, my JTR is Rocky Road! It was not bought to be a speed demon nor expected to, but after lifting 2.5", adding 37's" even with the Rubicon's 4.10's it was missing a little umph...just switched (as per my build plan) to 4.88's (got it back today!) and lo and behold, pep is there (and maybe a little bit more) and the tranny runs like the upgrades came from the factory.
You have good taste my friend, I was in a CLS550 before the Levante. The Levante was just a hand me down cause my wife wanted something new and we had a lease on the Levante so we traded in my CLS that I loved but I was near the end of its warranty and those things are a pain to keep up out of warranty. I had originally planned on doing the Rentech tune but never got around to it.

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You have good taste my friend, I was in a CLS550 before the Levante. The Levante was just a hand me down cause my wife wanted something new and we had a lease on the Levante so we traded in my CLS that I loved but I was near the end of its warranty and those things are a pain to keep up out of warranty. I had originally planned on doing the Rentech tune but never got around to it.
LOL, spoiled more like it (many mid-life crises!) I certainly understand out of warranty...the Macan was at 69K miles and would have needed a timing belt change...no, I'll spend my cash on some fun...oh, wait, I did :rock:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I must’ve missed where you said you put money down. I essentially gave them 2k with my trade, so I’m not out anything by turning it in.
It's not putting money down... When you lease, you have residual. My lease over the next 42 months will net me paying $22K towards the negotiated price of my JTR. So, when my lease is up, I will only owe about $28K on my JTR with low miles that I've had since brand new. So I will be well over $15K in the positive with used market value of the JTR, and will be WELL into the black. So, that $22K I paid for my lease all went towards the price of the Jeep. So when my lease is up, and I buy it out with a loan, I will only owe $28K or so. I will be so far ahead, that I can afford to do the 6.4 SRT Hemi swap and all that, and not ever be upside-down in the Jeep. Because the Hemi-swapped Jeeps bring in the big bucks (if I ever decided to sell it), and instead of buying a new factory-offered Hemi JTR for (I'm guessing it would cost about $75,000-80,000 for one brand new from the factory), I'll only be paying a payment for $28K loan, and still have my 6.4 SRT Hemi swapped JTR.

Make sense now?

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I mean knowing it's a midsized truck, knowing since it's a jeep I was going to have to pay a premium for it, overall I've had very little to complain about on mine. Going into the purchase and using my other Jeep wranglers and Jeep's I've owned as a bases, I got to say this thing really performs and does everything I need it to do for me. I'm glad I got the Max tow because I feel like that's something that I will definitely take advantage of. Overall this to me is a solid truck and it's a Jeep so to me win win, I'm Happy!:rock:
Coming from a 88 and 2002 wrangler... I think the engine and tranny is awesome. Could it be a V8? Sure... but this thing hands down would Kill my 83 wagoneer that had a 360 in it.

I also had a 2012 Tacoma and 2014 5.7 tundra. For what it is, I think the gladiator is power matched well! I slightly miss the tundra w the 5.7 and huge backseat, but you can’t compare mid to full size. But those days with the doors and top off... it’s a no brainer!!

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
you just had the wrong Porsche..

Jeep Gladiator Overall who's pretty pleased with the power output of their Gladiator 7E8050D8-3AB1-41D5-B130-8934D7194458

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
But in all seriousness I do wish the Gladiator had the same output as the 3.6 does in some other iterations. Something like 15-20 more horses and torque.

Sponsored

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Jeep Gladiator Overall who's pretty pleased with the power output of their Gladiator 7E8050D8-3AB1-41D5-B130-8934D7194458
LOL...after learning to fly, Owning a plane and too many other toys to boot...oh wait, maybe I need another Porsche! Is it on Bring a trailer?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
LOL...after learning to fly, Owning a plane and too many other toys to boot...oh wait, maybe I need another Porsche! Is it on Bring a trailer?
‘It was. That was a friend of mine who recently sold his.

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
‘It was. That was a friend of mine who recently sold his.
Yeah my son would cream his pants if I had that in the garage and I think my insurance would go skyrocket after he drove it! :facepalm:

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator Overall who's pretty pleased with the power output of their Gladiator history-jeep-6.1-800x800
I'll be all in on a 911 turbo as soon as the Gladiator is paid off. It will be the last car I buy, my keep forever drive a little car. I was going to get one instead of the Gladiator but I am only 42 and wanted to wait until I get a little closer to 50 and hopefully retirement.
Sponsored