First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Owner
Update from yesterday: Spoke with GM and service. They say that they have been able to replicate the misfire but not with enough regularity to be able to say what is going on with the Gladiator. Thursday makes 7 business days that they have had it. Also, GM of the dealership says my Gladiator is the only one he has had come in that has the issue. The loaner I have has 3300 miles on it and apparently has not had the light come on. Strange.
What is really strange is I count a minimum of 22 different Gladiator Vehicle owners on this thread and another 4 on the other thread, all with the same problem. I wonder how many clients need to have the same problem to issue a service bulletin? I also wonder how many it takes for a recall? Sure seems like a safety thing to me when one of us could be hundreds of miles into the wilderness and have this vehicle crap out. We would be stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:

Minnie2011

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Accounting
What is really strange is I count a minimum of 22 different Gladiator Vehicle owners on this thread and another 4 on the other thread, all with the same problem. I wonder how many clients need to have the same problem to issue a service bulletin? I also wonder how many it takes for a recall? Sure seems like a safety thing to me when one of us could be hundreds of miles into the wilderness and have this vehicle crap out. We would be stranded in the middle of nowhere.
I agree completely. I also do not think they know what is wrong with them, which is a different issue entirely from a quality control perspective. They have had mine over three weeks now and I am still waiting on an accurate diagnosis. It is very disappointing to say the least and my patience with the process is running thin at this point. In my view, they have had plenty of time to figure this out...

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Mileage when it first occurred: 4985 miles
How many times has it occurred: 2
What exact codes did it throw: 300
Is the issue on going? Yes
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? At the dealer, not sure
Was the issue ever fully resolved? No

Vehicle is presently at the dealer been there since Friday, 6/6/2020. No one can give me an answer. Very frustrating.
Hi there @WVWAHOO
We certainly regret hearing that you are facing these concerns with your new Gladiator. Please know that our team is here to offer supplemental assistance alongside your dealer. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN so that we may look further into this for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

SJK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2017 Wrangler Willys;
I am having the same problem. Twice in first 1100 miles. Always on cold start first thing in AM. Will an update be available soon.

Sponsored

Gsworld12

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator, Porsche macan s, Ford Explorer, Ferrari F430 spider
I am having the same problem. Twice in first 1100 miles. Always on cold start first thing in AM. Will an update be available soon.
I also have the same issue. In shop now and they wanted to replace engine. Jeep rep said no fix for now because engineers are working on a permanent fix. @JeepCares what is the permanent fix that they are talking about? Right now they were going to rebuild one side of the engine and they put it on hold for a permanent fix.

JayHop

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Creative Director
My Flawdiator has 1056 miles. Been in the shop twice, total of 8 days so far, for the code 0300 misfire CEL. Just came on again for the third time. Taking it to a different dealer tomorrow, maybe better techs. Also looking at FCA buying it back. I used to love this vehicle. Now I donā€™t trust it, which makes me despise it. @JeepCares

DTrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Update: the saga continues......with less than 600 miles, my Gladiator is still in the shop. This makes the 3rd time in a month of ownership for a total of 18 days and counting. CEL & ESS light. Dealership is now requesting a field engineer as no one, including FCA, have a fix. Iā€™ve had a case open since my first incident, but FCA reluctant to make this right for the consumer. Will continue to update and unfortunately if I canā€™t remedy this on my own, I likely need to get legal representation as Iā€™m getting nowhere with FCA & Dealership. @JeepCares

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Update on mine: Itā€˜s been in for 9 days on this (3rd) trip. Thatā€™s a total of 12 days since Iā€™ve owned it or 14 days if Saturday counts as a business day. I received a message from a tech on Thursday that said they thought they had the problem isolated and would test it again yesterday (Friday) but I heard no update.

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, cherokee
Occupation
Construction Forman
I also have the same issue. Traded my jeep gladiator sport for a Rubicon and by the first week of ownership i got the auto start/stop light and check engine light on. 1st time in the dealership and they claimed it was the fuel quality affecting the engine due to ethanol content. Got it back and a few days later same thing happened. Its a the dealership for the second time now within 3 weeks of ownership. They had the jeep for a week now and said they are talking to a jeep engineer to fix the problem but have not been able to find the problem. Went to try and get a rental from them and they claim that jeep did not want to approve a rental because they are unsure or what is wrong with the vehicle. Here is a copy of the first visit. Any suggestions on what to do?

BAAA4452-DC4E-42FD-914A-077573AE72F7.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Minnie2011

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Accounting
What are we up to now? 30 2020 Gladiators with the exact same issue?
Yes, disappointing to say the least and Iā€™m sure the number of affected vehicles goes well beyond those of us on the forum. Tuesday will be four weeks they have had mine on trip #2 to the repair shop. Dealership is waiting on direction from corporate. Obviously no one knows what is wrong, much less how to fix the problem. Or, alternatively, corporate is hiding the ball and is afraid to acknowledge the problem.

Certainly makes you wonder because corporate is apparently not sharing any relevant information with their dealer network. They have had plenty of time to sort this out and to be more transparent about what is going on.

I am beginning to wonder if there is a way for us, as affected owners, to lodge an official complaint as a group with corporate.

@JeepCares ā€” is anyone listening?

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
As I said earlier today is day 9 of trip 3 at the dealership for same misfire issue and I got this update at 2pm:

ā€œTheyā€™ve installed a Powertrain control module on your Jeep which should rectify the issue. They plan to take the truck for a drive to make sure it works as it should.ā€œ

I havenā€™t heard back from them since then and now it is 8pm EST. I assume Iā€™ll hear Monday if it passed their test.

JayHop

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Creative Director
Yes, disappointing to say the least and Iā€™m sure the number of affected vehicles goes well beyond those of us on the forum. Tuesday will be four weeks they have had mine on trip #2 to the repair shop. Dealership is waiting on direction from corporate. Obviously no one knows what is wrong, much less how to fix the problem. Or, alternatively, corporate is hiding the ball and is afraid to acknowledge the problem.

Certainly makes you wonder because corporate is apparently not sharing any relevant information with their dealer network. They have had plenty of time to sort this out and to be more transparent about what is going on.

I am beginning to wonder if there is a way for us, as affected owners, to lodge an official complaint as a group with corporate.

@JeepCares ā€” is anyone listening?
Count me in if we want to go in together to file an official complaint with FCA. I also am seriously considering pursuing them buying it back, assuming all the dealer installed mods would also be reimbursed. Jealous of all the other owners who have had no problems.
Sponsored