Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Rugged Ridge Arcus front bumper with the Badlands 12000 lb. winch. Man that winch used every bit of space up plus some.

I did what kitfoxbill did on the power cable plus 1/4" spacers on the frame horns to space the winch plate away from the grill and then put some 1/2" washers between the bumper skin and the winch plate, at that point everything cleared. And yes it was a pain getting a bolt thru all of those componets. But it was worth it as I am very happy with the outcome.

bumper - winch.jpg
Looks great:like:
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Here's mine, forgot to post a picture of it with the bumper in this thread. Pretty easy install and I love how it looks. Rugged Ridge Spartan Full width bumper and Badlands 12000lb winch. I bedlined the Fairlead Black as well, also added some Led Cannons.

Jeep Gladiator New Apex 12K Harbor Freight winch Install 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200619193653437_COVER
Jeep Gladiator New Apex 12K Harbor Freight winch Install IMG_20200603_204148

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Installed a Rugged Ridge Arcus front bumper with the Badlands 12000 lb. winch. Man that winch used every bit of space up plus some.

I did what kitfoxbill did on the power cable plus 1/4" spacers on the frame horns to space the winch plate away from the grill and then put some 1/2" washers between the bumper skin and the winch plate, at that point everything cleared. And yes it was a pain getting a bolt thru all of those componets. But it was worth it as I am very happy with the outcome.

Looks good. Also getting those bolts through was an absolute nightmare compared to the rest of the install on the bumper.

Like hold 6 pieces in place while sticking 8 bolts in. I really wish they had thought that out better.

Rottie

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP GLADIATOR / JEEP WRANGLER JL

LOVE IT!...planning to go the same way ...I just got the apex ...fixing to order the arcus soon ...
was that really a pain to get it installed ? ...where you able to use the winch plate that comes with the apex?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
LOVE IT!...planning to go the same way ...I just got the apex ...fixing to order the arcus soon ...
was that really a pain to get it installed ? ...where you able to use the winch plate that comes with the apex?
The Apex doesn't come with a winch plate. Harbor Freight sells one separatly for $49.99.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Arcus comes with the winch plate as part of it. Honestly the "bumper" is two tow hooks, a winch plate, and a thin shell for the most part

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
What eaglerugby04 said. Yes it was a pain getting all of the pieces together along with lifting the winch installed to the winch plate up and aligned with all the holes. It took two of us one on each side to get everything lined up. I would hate to try it by oneself.

One tip is to loosely install the bolts that go thru the winch plate into the inside of the frame rail so it will pivot on them while lifting it up and aligning all the pieces.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
What eaglerugby04 said. Yes it was a pain getting all of the pieces together along with lifting the winch installed to the winch plate up and aligned with all the holes. It took two of us one on each side to get everything lined up. I would hate to try it by oneself.

One tip is to loosely install the bolts that go thru the winch plate into the inside of the frame rail so it will pivot on them while lifting it up and aligning all the pieces.
They look good but the pain of the install and I was wanting one that goes up closer to the fenders was one reason I went with the RR spartan. Still don't dislike ya'lls though

Rottie

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP GLADIATOR / JEEP WRANGLER JL
They look good but the pain of the install and I was wanting one that goes up closer to the fenders was one reason I went with the RR spartan. Still don't dislike ya'lls though
Thanks for everybody suggestions!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
My entire decision on mine came down to price, weight and keeping airlow factory or as close to factory as possible. Plan on towing some heavy loads from time to time, and since I already took a payload penalty with the rubicon wanted to minimize anything else as much as possible.

I honestly got lucky I liked the looks of mine, lol.

Have you done a test of the new cannons on yours?

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My entire decision on mine came down to price, weight and keeping airlow factory or as close to factory as possible. Plan on towing some heavy loads from time to time, and since I already took a payload penalty with the rubicon wanted to minimize anything else as much as possible.

I honestly got lucky I liked the looks of mine, lol.

Have you done a test of the new cannons on yours?
I have tested them some. I need to put a video together but they are definitely bright and throw the light out there. Pretty pleased with how they look.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
@Donkey Fluffer, sorry if you posted this already, but can you confirm if you had any install issues with the Badland Apex and the Rugged Ridge Spartacus winch plate? Did you have to trim the engagement handle and/or use the Poison Spyder spacers to get it to clear?

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Here's mine installed on a Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 Bumper. I really like the looks of it on the Jeep. Not a great picture, but a picture none the less. Very easy install, but very tight fitment.
Jeep Gladiator New Apex 12K Harbor Freight winch Install BadlandWinch

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
@Donkey Fluffer, sorry if you posted this already, but can you confirm if you had any install issues with the Badland Apex and the Rugged Ridge Spartacus winch plate? Did you have to trim the engagement handle and/or use the Poison Spyder spacers to get it to clear?
It was tight but no clearance issues. Didn't even have a helper. I didn't cut the handle, nor use any Poison Spyder spacers, but as I recall I did make the slightest 1/16 trim of the stock metal bumper under the handle to make it rotate easier

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
It was tight but no clearance issues. Didn't even have a helper. I didn't cut the handle, nor use any Poison Spyder spacers, but as I recall I did make the slightest 1/16 trim of the stock metal bumper under the handle to make it rotate easier
Awesome, thanks for the feedback! So I guess there is still a tiny bit of interference between the handle and the bumper and small shave to either one should do the trick. Out of curiosity, why did you decide to trim the bumper and not the handle?
Sponsored