Sponsored

Dear Jeep - Things I Don't Like

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I believe all of your USB ports connect to the media system. The only ones that do not are on the back of the center console and have a icon showing media or power. I have four USB ports on the back of the center console, two are power only. I have a CD player that connects to the USB port on the dash, and my phone connects to the one inside the console.
Yes, I checked, and you are right. Two of the four USB ports in the rear are marked for power only (battery symbol), and all other USB ports are marked with the connect symbol (branching lines).
Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I don't know about any change, but as far as I know the Overland always came with the rear seat USB ports, either radio. Maybe it's different for Sport S.
I'm almost positive there are no rear USB ports in my Sport S, but then again, I didn't know you could lock the center console until yesterday

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
EXACTLY - I want to CHARGE ONLY and I get this android connect BS and I don't want to connect!
My wife decides her phone is low - bingo - it defaults to connect. CHARGE ONLY PLEASE.
Give me one port, or the ability to change what it does.
We spend all day travelling to Spirit Lake last Friday to pick up her new GC. On the way home her phone got down to 10% and she decided to charge it - wham - oooo - let's connect, you wanna play music or what? Dang thing -NO, go away! LOL We only wanted to CHARGE the phone.
I get the reasons for having it, and when you want it, it's likely great, but.............. please give me a choice of what it defaults to. OR limit it to 1 or 2 ports - why would I need that many to do the android connect.
You're right, it's actually great to have and connects effortlessly, so I'm definitely not complaining that it's included in my truck.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm almost positive there are no rear USB ports in my Sport S, but then again, I didn't know you could lock the center console until yesterday
U fit right in perfectly.

Could be that the Overland was made to sell to - uh, Overlanders or highway trippers? So you have grumpy kids in the back which eventually leads to grumpy parents - solution? lots of ports back there for the kiddies.

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Every time I see the title of this thread, the song "Dear Penis" comes to mind...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

Sponsored

turd fergusen

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 granite chrystal Gladiator rubicon 6spd
Rear seat area under center console.

Unless there was a change, the only rear seat available USB ports were on the 8.4 inch package.
My rubicon has the 7 inch and has 4 USB ports in the back seat area.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My rubicon has the 7 inch and has 4 USB ports in the back seat area.
It is only the Sport S that does not give the backseat ports without 8.4" radio.

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
How about a windshield that's a bit more "sloped".....there isn't a bug out there that doesn't SPLAT when it hits the windshield.....no chance of a glancing blow.....tired of turning on the washer/wipers every 15 minutes in the summer

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
How about a windshield that's a bit more "sloped".....there isn't a bug out there that doesn't SPLAT when it hits the windshield.....no chance of a glancing blow.....tired of turning on the washer/wipers every 15 minutes in the summer
Try owning a JK or earlier; the JL/JT windshield IS more sloped for less wind-resistance.
Sponsored