Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I get you. I know why they went with that door shape too. Cheaper manufacturing, easier access to parts later... But in 5000 that is the only thing that bugs the crap out of me.
Other than that I love it.
You sure are a tough customer, really hard to satisfy LOL ;)
Sponsored

JTwantsaJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 94 Pontiac TransAm 25thAnniv
Occupation
Medical Technology Sales
Coldest days I had this past winter were -10C.

The truck actually heats up pretty quickly, and the defrosting windshield issue is less noticeable when you remote start and let it heat up for a little while. I actually found that if I covered the “working” defrost vents with a sheet of cardboard, the defroster would suddenly defrost the passenger-side 1/3 of the windshield pretty quickly.

I have the engine block heater but didn’t use it this past winter. Though, I did have an extreme temperature-rated extension cord and timer hooked up in case I needed to use it (so I could start warming the engine a couple of hours ahead of time without freezing my butt off at 4am).

I think the rain gutter thing is stupid design and really annoying, but the defroster issue I would consider an actual safety hazard.
What do you have to do to make sure the defrost comes on, and at a certain fan level when the remote start is used? I have the 7" screen and cold weather group, and the only auto-on feature's I can find to engage is heated seat and steering wheel when the remote start is used...

What am I missing?

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
What do you have to do to make sure the defrost comes on, and at a certain fan level when the remote start is used? I have the 7" screen and cold weather group, and the only auto-on feature's I can find to engage is heated seat and steering wheel when the remote start is used...

What am I missing?
I don't have cold weather group on my JT but have on another Jeep. Defrost comes when you autostart when its below a certain temp and turns off when you unlock the door. Sometimes only steering wheel and heated seat turn on, depends on how cold it is.

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I love my Soft top, but not the way it looks when folded open. Why can't it be in tracks like the Wrangler?

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I love just about everything about my truck. BUT...

I don't like the abundance of USB ports that connect the phone into the system. The two on the dash and also the ones inside the console are all connection ports. My wife plugs in her phone and all of a sudden my phone disconnects and whatever game she's playing or video she's watching starts playing through the Jeep's speakers.

I created a workaround by plugging in a dual USB power port into the cigarette lighter DC outlet. I've got two power cables coming out of that and running over to the passenger side, and she knows to use one of those for her phone. It's really okay that way. But then...

Now that they've come out with a trailer brake controller, guess what - it takes up the space where the DC power outlet is. Deal killer on the brake controller. I'll just get one that mounts under the dash like I've used for decades already.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

I don't like the abundance of USB ports that connect the phone into the system. The two on the dash and also the ones inside the console are all connection ports. My wife plugs in her phone and all of a sudden my phone disconnects and whatever game she's playing or video she's watching starts playing through the Jeep's speakers.

I created a workaround by plugging in a dual USB power port into the cigarette lighter DC outlet. I've got two power cables coming out of that and running over to the passenger side, and she knows to use one of those for her phone. It's really okay that way. But then...

Now that they've come out with a trailer brake controller, guess what - it takes up the space where the DC power outlet is. Deal killer on the brake controller. I'll just get one that mounts under the dash like I've used for decades already.
With the 8.4 inch screen there are additional ports on the rear, and those are charge only.

JTwantsaJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 94 Pontiac TransAm 25thAnniv
Occupation
Medical Technology Sales
I don't have cold weather group on my JT but have on another Jeep. Defrost comes when you autostart when its below a certain temp and turns off when you unlock the door. Sometimes only steering wheel and heated seat turn on, depends on how cold it is.
Gotcha. That's what I was starting to figure.. Thanks for the response.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

EXACTLY - I want to CHARGE ONLY and I get this android connect BS and I don't want to connect!
My wife decides her phone is low - bingo - it defaults to connect. CHARGE ONLY PLEASE.
Give me one port, or the ability to change what it does.
We spend all day travelling to Spirit Lake last Friday to pick up her new GC. On the way home her phone got down to 10% and she decided to charge it - wham - oooo - let's connect, you wanna play music or what? Dang thing -NO, go away! LOL We only wanted to CHARGE the phone.
I get the reasons for having it, and when you want it, it's likely great, but.............. please give me a choice of what it defaults to. OR limit it to 1 or 2 ports - why would I need that many to do the android connect.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
With the 8.4 inch screen there are additional ports on the rear, and those are charge only.

On the rear ? Do you mean in the rear seat area or on the back of the display inside the dash ? Id love for a USB charge only that I could feed my tablet with from behind the dash ...

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
yep i tried charging my watch one day and it started firing errors like crazy on the dash board. Had to give the back a good reach around and use that port only for charging. Kind of sucks.

Kids are so going to mess this up for me when they are older, lol

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
On the rear ? Do you mean in the rear seat area or on the back of the display inside the dash ? Id love for a USB charge only that I could feed my tablet with from behind the dash ...
I have the 7" radio. One USB in the Media area under radio. I assume this one is for intreconnect.

Then there is one inside the center console. I assume this would be charge only.

Two for rear seat users. I assume they are charging only.

Where am I right or wrong?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Rear seat area under center console.

I have the 7" radio. One USB in the Media area under radio. I assume this one is for intreconnect.

Then there is one inside the center console. I assume this would be charge only.

Unless there was a change, the only rear seat available USB ports were on the 8.4 inch package.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

I believe all of your USB ports connect to the media system. The only ones that do not are on the back of the center console and have a icon showing media or power. I have four USB ports on the back of the center console, two are power only. I have a CD player that connects to the USB port on the dash, and my phone connects to the one inside the console.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Unless there was a change, the only rear seat available USB ports were on the 8.4 inch package.
I don't know about any change, but as far as I know the Overland always came with the rear seat USB ports, either radio. Maybe it's different for Sport S.
Sponsored