Sponsored

Joined the Gladiator cracked window club

Jbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator launch edition
I just had my front windshield replaced on my gladiator this morning. The glass company said that jeeps are the most frequent cars that they replace windshields. He states that he has customers that he replaces the windshields three-four times per year. Jeep really should fix this problem.

According to the glass repair man, he states that the adaptive cruise control etc. does not need to be recalibrated in gladiators (most of the time) because the electronic box in the upper central windshield area is fixed and doesnt move.
Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I am waiting for the adaptive CC to be available in gorilla glass then i'll try that.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Well only 2 months this time cracked the glass and had it replaced by generic glass today $350 vs $575 for the oem

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
So those of you with the Exoshield and other protective plastic coatings, have any of you had a cracked windshield yet?

I guess I am asking if these things work. Evidently, even the Gorilla Glass still cracks and chips.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I took a full on golf ball sized rock to my HPG windshield on the interstate the other day. Not even a mark. My daughter's and I jump the impact was so loud. We looked and looked, even when we got home. You could not tell where it hit. So I am happy. I lost two stock windshields to rocks I could not even see or barely hear.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Well only 2 months this time cracked the glass and had it replaced by generic glass today $350 vs $575 for the oem
Do you have glass coverage? My full coverage covers windshield replacements.

CWGrisw0ld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Rubicon JKU, 2020 Jeep Rubicon JT
I put on the racing optics film a couple weeks ago. Customer service was top notch and they were available to talk me through the install. Tiny bit of rainbow if you are wearing polarized glasses, otherwise you wouldn’t know it was there.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Just joined this awesome group this past weekend. 1st broken windshield ever! Mines a crack right now, not to the edge. Going to keep an eye on it, but will be replacing once winter over if I can last that long. What's the general consensus? Replace right away or hold on til it gets worse? Crack is on passenger side...

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just joined this awesome group this past weekend. 1st broken windshield ever! Mines a crack right now, not to the edge. Going to keep an eye on it, but will be replacing once winter over if I can last that long. What's the general consensus? Replace right away or hold on til it gets worse? Crack is on passenger side...
I waited for like 3 or 4 weeks. It grew rapidly though.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's honestly your call. Does it cause glare in the sun or from other headlights? Does it block any view?
It's up to you. There's no rule unless you have issues seeing and there's a law in your area, etc.
I drove my F250 with a crack clear across from left to right - right smack through the center, for about a year before getting it replaced.
My JT - I went only a few weeks.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I am waiting until gravel on the roads season is over.
Do those bug deflector hood thingys help any?
I probably already know the answer!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I am waiting until gravel on the roads season is over.
Do those bug deflector hood thingys help any?
I probably already know the answer!
That season is never over around here. I was driving in the far left lane of our 3 lane freeway through Des Moines in July. Big truck on the far right lane kicked a rock and it bounced across all lanes, almost like slow motion, smacked my wife's Grand Cherokee windshield right in the middle.
It was like something out of the Twilight zone watching that thing bounce across the highway and jump up high just before hitting.
Most of the windshield cracks and chips I get are in our non-winter months.