Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Did you find a resolution to the open air box? That is the only thing holding me back. I wheel in water too much and don’t want to create an issue with hydro lock. Or at minimum worry me constantly.
No, I personally ran an aftermarket CAI up until about two weeks ago. I swapped out to stock because it wasn't playing nice with the supercharger.

Water would have to be near the top of your engine block for the CAI to be a concern. If your going that deep I'd have plenty of other concerns.

I am regularly in 2-3' of water and have no concerns with that personally.
Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
No, I personally ran an aftermarket CAI up until about two weeks ago. I swapped out to stock because it wasn't playing nice with the supercharger.

Water would have to be near the top of your engine block for the CAI to be a concern. If your going that deep I'd have plenty of other concerns.

I am regularly in 2-3' of water and have no concerns with that personally.
Not often but I do go through stuff that turns out to be deeper than expected. Without a snorkel I have had no issues up to top of headlights just below the hood line and with a snorkel over the hood doesn’t create an issue. I don’t do this on purpose but it happens at times.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Not often but I do go through stuff that turns out to be deeper than expected. Without a snorkel I have had no issues up to top of headlights just below the hood line and with a snorkel over the hood doesn’t create an issue. I don’t do this on purpose but it happens at times.
Have you asked Hamburger if they have anyone running snorkels? I think thats the only way i'd do it personally.

I am likely selling mine (its listed for sale). I ordered a 2021 Diesel.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Have you asked Hamburger if they have anyone running snorkels? I think thats the only way i'd do it personally.

I haven’t yet. Been looking at my options and I like the Hamburger with their keep relationship and located about an hour from me but may look at other options due to the intake concerns.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

interested to hear what made you want to switch

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Things must not have gone as planned. At least one of the main posters in this thread have gone away from SC and are wrapping up Hemi swaps. The old adage that’s there’s no replacement for displacement is fact.

Sponsored

OP
OP
desertfox73

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
I highly doubt this will happen. Especially if FCA plans to eventually offer the 392, it wouldn’t make sense to offer a power variant that would compete with those sales.

Plus, the only person on here I can recall pushing this rumor was the person selling the product. I didn’t see any corroboration, but I’m also not on here much anymore (sold my Gladiator in December) so that could be different.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
I highly doubt this will happen. Especially if FCA plans to eventually offer the 392, it wouldn’t make sense to offer a power variant that would compete with those sales.

Plus, the only person on here I can recall pushing this rumor was the person selling the product. I didn’t see any corroboration, but I’m also not on here much anymore (sold my Gladiator in December) so that could be different.
FCA merged with Stellantis recently. Covid and now this, we still talk to them but there are a lot of things happening there so it's at a standstill.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
a
Things must not have gone as planned. At least one of the main posters in this thread have gone away from SC and are wrapping up Hemi swaps. The old adage that’s there’s no replacement for displacement is fact.
Not knowing the whole story is the problem..... There's the no replacement for displacement of the extra 15k it cost as well. As a dollar for dollar HP? A hemi is cool but not 15k better than a supercharger. My .02

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
a
Not knowing the whole story is the problem..... There's the no replacement for displacement of the extra 15k it cost as well. As a dollar for dollar HP? A hemi is cool but not 15k better than a supercharger. My .02
I woukd have to search but one of the swappers actually had a SC JT and still decided to do the swap so he was in DEEP financially. His reason was that while the blower did add power it was in the wrong places on the curve iirc. I think the guys who have the coin to add a SC could probably swing a hemi swap just as easily. Is it worth it? I don’t know, I don’t have either, but I do know value is highly subjective and $/hp isn’t a necessarily useful metric if the incremental hp isn’t useable. Maybe $/lb ft would be a better metric for a 4x4 comparison.

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
I woukd have to search but one of the swappers actually had a SC JT and still decided to do the swap so he was in DEEP financially. His reason was that while the blower did add power it was in the wrong places on the curve iirc. I think the guys who have the coin to add a SC could probably swing a hemi swap just as easily. Is it worth it? I don’t know, I don’t have either, but I do know value is highly subjective and $/hp isn’t a necessarily useful metric if the incremental hp isn’t useable. Maybe $/lb ft would be a better metric for a 4x4 comparison.
I believe you are referencing Mopar King, he had the Hamburger SC and recently went Hemi swap. Also having a SC, I get why he went swap and I am a bit envious for the same reasons. I couldn't justify that type of investment in the Jeep. The SC scratched enough of the itch for me, although it also opened an itch for an earlier onset of torque.

I am happy enough with the SC but there's no doubt I wish I had more low-mid range torque. I do appreciate that the jeep drives as smooth stock with the burger SC.

I would really like a TT v6 or better yet TT v8 :LOL:
Sponsored