Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
It's once system with 3 tip outlet options. They don't mate up to the factory system.
I understand that, my thought was to get one to mount to the trail exhaust, if I purchased it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT & JL
@Button_Built cut no corners with his JT build, including equipping the AWE Tread Edition Catback Dual Exhaust with 5” diamond black tips to provide the best soundtrack ever heard out of a Gladiator. A wise decision, if you ask us. Learn why he chose AWE right this way.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Have ya checked out the single exit option?
Yes, I dont want the exhaust anywhere near my wheels.

As far as an intoxicating sound track I can guarantee my machine will make heads explode.

My exhaust is probably on hold. I am working with Yukon Gear oninstalling their new limited slip option. It is not a factory knock off and my power injected Gladiator will test it!

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Will this exhaust interfere with the Rock Krawler Pro X lift?

Sponsored

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Am very interested in either the tread edition single side exit, or maybe even go with the dual side exit for the 2021 Mojave that I ordered yesterday.
I am also planning on installing a set of the XL Regular RokBlokz splash guards on the rear wheels.
My concern is will the side exit exhaust pipe & tip interfere with the RokBlokz frame mounting bracket, and or, be too close to the inner edge of the flap itself (causing possible melting of the flap)?
It's kind of hard to determine from the pictures on the product web site, and would hate to order the system only to find out they won't work together.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Am very interested in either the tread edition single side exit, or maybe even go with the dual side exit for the 2021 Mojave that I ordered yesterday.
I am also planning on installing a set of the XL Regular RokBlokz splash guards on the rear wheels.
My concern is will the side exit exhaust pipe & tip interfere with the RokBlokz frame mounting bracket, and or, be too close to the inner edge of the flap itself (causing possible melting of the flap)?
It's kind of hard to determine from the pictures on the product web site, and would hate to order the system only to find out they won't work together.
Youll have to grind the bracket down to clear the exhaust but the flap isnt affected by the exhaust. Not near hot enough that far back.

Last edited:

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for the reply Kurt. I had read your posts on both your trail edition exhaust, and the RokBlokz. Wish I had a great helper like you do for assistance with the install. ;)
Also thanks for the quick videos you made for this exhaust, as it really demonstrated the varying tones of the exhaust under different loads/conditions extremely well.

The reason for the side exit question was that with your trail edition exhaust, after the kick up over the axle, the pipe straightens out & runs parallel to the frame then turns down, pretty much following the routing of the original rear resonator.

The product images for the side exit exhaust appear that the pipe & rather large 5" tip make an outward angle very quickly after the kick up, and the tip looks like it is positioned directly below the fender flare.

Depending on that pipe angle, combined with large diameter tip, it could require the inner top edge of the flap, as well as the bracket to be trimmed for clearance.
The complication of trimming the upper corner of the flap is that depending on how much material needs removed, it could compromise the mounting slots in the poly vinyl flap material.

I was shop manager, & lead installer in my family's truck cap & accessory business for over 25 years. So I have installed a few splash guards in my time. Believe me that this type of poly vinyl splash guard can partially disfigure & melt due to the radiant heat of an exhaust pipe that is positioned too close on a long highway trip.

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Ambassador of Stoke
Will this exhaust interfere with the Rock Krawler Pro X lift?
Which kit are you going with? You might need the Loop Replacement Pipe for the larger lifts. I'll also ping the development team and see if they have more insights.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Have had the AWE Trail Edition system installed on my Mojave for two weeks & around 750 miles so far, and couldn't be happier. It's just the sound I was looking for, and the tone is getting even better as the miles go by! :like:

It did require a little "super customizing" to the driver side rear RokBlokz mount bracket for clearance, which I expected thanks to Kurt P's installation review video on another thread.

All in all, not a big deal. Just took a little extra time, and a little creative hacksaw action in the vise. Attached are a few pix of the trim job for clearance, Clarence. ;)

P1011509.JPG

P1011522.JPG

P1011519.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT & JL
Have had the AWE Trail Edition system installed on my Mojave for two weeks & around 750 miles so far, and couldn't be happier. It's just the sound I was looking for, and the tone is getting even better as the miles go by! :like:

It did require a little "super customizing" to the driver side rear RokBlokz mount bracket for clearance, which I expected thanks to Kurt P's installation review video on another thread.

All in all, not a big deal. Just took a little extra time, and a little creative hacksaw action in the vise. Attached are a few pix of the trim job for clearance, Clarence. ;)
Happy you're happy, and nice trim job! Look's good. :like:

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Ambassador of Stoke
We're proud to present the new AWE Exhaust Conversion Kits for the Jeep JT Gladiator, available now:
  • Easily convert an existing AWE single or dual side Tread Edition into a Trall Edition, or an existing Tread Edition into a Trail Edition
  • Pure bolt-on, no-cutting required
  • Perfect Fitment Guaranteed
  • AWE No CEL Guarantee
  • Lifetime warranty

Why you would want this?

This product gives you the ability to choose your look between single or dual outlet, or prep your rig for the off road adventure you've been planning by simply replacing the outlet configuration of your system.

1f8625f9-6330-4d7a-84fc-14bda12c41c1.png

91e710ed-5986-4917-b621-e441ac7a10d5.png

d59de03f-f7ae-413c-8828-f38a6f6bb785.png

Comment below or DM me or Josh with any questions!

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
@Dave/AWE any chance you’ll build an option with the 2 pipes going straight out the rear bumper? I just never like exhausts running close to tires.

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Ambassador of Stoke
@Dave/AWE any chance you’ll build an option with the 2 pipes going straight out the rear bumper? I just never like exhausts running close to tires.
There are no plans to offer straight out the back, unfortunately.