Mods you regret

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Not a regret on my Gladiator, but on the wife's JL. Let her talk me into getting her a DV8 bumper instead of saving up a bit more and going with a better brand. Probably going to rip it off in the next year or so and go with something else, quality control was garbage and couldn't even fit their lightbar into the mounting spot for it without taking a cutoff wheel to it.

MARSSIVPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
AMP power steps on a 2020 JT. the install instructions are terrible. the steps sinc when i installed the fuse but would not go to stow position . ive checked the wiring several times, everything seems to be right, they just dont work you can hear them try but thats it
Make sure you have the door disconnect plugged in/connected. I had unplugged mine to make getting access to the passenger side wire bundle easier and forgot to plug it back in (had similar symptoms). Also check you've tapped the correct wires - It's easy to confuse some of the color coding/stripes. Take a picture of the wires you're attempting to tap into with your phone/flash on and then zoom in. Then you can really see/confirm the wire colors.

Once I got mine working I absolutely love them! Hate people dragging their a$$ on and off of the seat bolters to get in and out...

A little off topic - Sorry....

Sponsored

F-chaney

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Make sure you have the door disconnect plugged in/connected. I had unplugged mine to make getting access to the passenger side wire bundle easier and forgot to plug it back in (had similar symptoms). Also check you've tapped the correct wires - It's easy to confuse some of the color coding/stripes. Take a picture of the wires you're attempting to tap into with your phone/flash on and then zoom in. Then you can really see/confirm the wire colors.

Once I got mine working I absolutely love them! Hate people dragging their a$$ on and off of the seat bolters to get in and out...

A little off topic - Sorry....
i beleive ive check everything twice but i will check the disconnect plug again. yes it really messies up the seat corners if you slide off the seat. the height of the running boards in the down position is just right now if i can get them to operate it will be nice . thanks

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
The only thing SB I have is front seat covers, and I like them a lot.
Their Gen2 X20 winch has outperformed 2 Warn winches in a recovery
I'm sure they make some good products. Over the past 20+ years of buying Jeep parts I have not had any luck with the multitude of crap I've received in exchange for my hard earned dollars. Most notably, for me, was a d-ring tab ripping off a bumper due to poor non-penetrating welds. And their original JK spare tire mount which popped all the welds in the tailgate, and then bent. Which they redesigned 3 times due to being shittybilt.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. There is an active GMRS repeater in my area people regularly jump on, many areas have those. If you are not into chatter it still is a good backup communication method if nothing else.
Agreed.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Their Gen2 X20 winch has outperformed 2 Warn winches in a recovery
My last truck had a x2o and it was absolutely great. I spent way more and got a Zeon this time, but it's lacking the wireless remote that my smittybilt had. Not sure if I wasted money paying for the name or not.

Sponsored

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Early in my Jeep years I learned the hard way not to buy Chinese junk parts. Stick with domestic.
amen to that. One of my friends bought cheap Chinese flares and only had them on a month and regrets it.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I think they may have hit the windows, a few times, but hasn’t been an issues. Mopar ones seem to be good quality.
Agreed - I like the Mopar handles as they screw in — no Velcro to get loose or slide around if the handle isn’t tight ’nuff.

Wen_d

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland eco-diesel
Occupation
Clinical Therapist
that’s hilarious, I tried catching a mouse that was in my engine. I had no luck but my cat got it.

I totally regret my Dash Mouse. Ate my glove box snacks and went potty on my covid mask. Best de-mod ever - would not recommend.

Jeep Gladiator Mods you regret F557F904-3F3D-4947-B4F5-2D62B1428F52
Sponsored