Ceramic Coating

riplipper

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Also worth noting that ceramic can be applied to black plastics and it keeps them black for a year. For some reason it doesn't bond as well to textured plastic like it does paint but sure enough, makes it look like mother's back-to-black was applied every week for a year once again, making washing a breeze. Never have to deal with that scrubbing of dirt/mud stains and/or sun faded plastics.
OK, I was wondering about this. I had some overspray get on my black plastic and it did not leave it white like wax does...If it will really work on black plastic, that would be a game changer.!!!! I just did 303 on mine but if this could really work that would be AWESOME
Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
OK, I was wondering about this. I had some overspray get on my black plastic and it did not leave it white like wax does...If it will really work on black plastic, that would be a game changer.!!!! I just did 303 on mine but if this could really work that would be AWESOME
Yeah, its great and the nice thing about the black textured/trim plastic is I've found it not even necessary to buff or wipe it off. I just wrap one of the little included microfiber patches around my finger and do the whole car in one go.

Make sure you get all the 303 off before you apply though, basically no residue on the plastic.

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
Funny this thread was resurrected today, as I’m dropping mine off to have done tomorrow. My guy uses Gtechnic.
Wife had her X5 50i done over three years ago and still beads up when wet.
For my birthday last year, she had my 9 year old SuperDuty done for me! It needed some work, and when we got it back she was mad cause it was smoother than her X5 was. I don’t know whether he used something different three years ago, or whether the technology just keeps advancing, but we are believers!

DILLIGAF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I know that this isn't the professional ceramic coating that is being discussed mostly in this thread, but I found it interesting none the less and thought I'd share. He has videos about a lot of other products too. Hope this helps.

riplipper

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
That guy did a great job comparing those products....I purchased Maquires spray on and glad to see it did OK.

GCoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave ( ̶O̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶)
I know that this isn't the professional ceramic coating that is being discussed mostly in this thread, but I found it interesting none the less and thought I'd share. He has videos about a lot of other products too. Hope this helps.

Been following this guy since you posted.

He is now up to nine months. I am really surprised at the Griots 3n1 and will be using that once I take delivery.
Sponsored