First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon ECO Diesel
Occupation
Metal Pattern Maker
Looks like possibly an Ecodiesel badge lower left side, but there appears to be a 2nd badge (same size) lower right side. My JTRD does not have a badge on the lower right side. Maybe a dealership badge?
I'm guessing a overland. There badge is lower right side. DEF is my guess that or electrical
Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
All the haters who can't drive stick or who passed it up for being impatient are gonna just assume it was a M/T so they can feel better about themselves. I posted on another recent thread with more M/T hate. This place is turning into a clown show.
My favorite Jeep was a 6 speed two door softtop! What a blast to drive. But the more I drive the Gladiator it's slowly unseating that two door.

mikeduffy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT Consultant
DF6F28F1-2EE4-493B-B310-86F881829C1B.jpeg
Saw this today in Calgary when I was coming home. Not even going to speculate other than maybe it was too heavy a trailer, and it got awfully hot up front.

This was mine, i live just outside of Calgary, Alberta. Just hit 7,777 km on that 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Diesel w/Automatic. My 4th time towing that trailer. The Diesel Jeep has a 6500 lb towing limit. The trailer is 24 foot, 3500 lb trailer. I had previously towed it to Lethbridge and Back the other weekend. About 1,000 km of towing on that Jeep Gladiator

There was no warning!

I was about 50/60 km into a tow to Calaway Park and all of a sudden there was Flames at my Driver side window. At the same time, cruise control cancelled, and there was a message about the Ignition needed to be serviced. I pulled over when it was safe at 1:10 pm, the Cabin was engulfed in flames at 1:15 pm

Calgary Fire Department says it started underneath. So transmission?

jeep fire.JPG

melted jeep.JPG

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This was mine, i live just outside of Calgary, Alberta. Just hit 7,777 km on that 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Diesel w/Automatic. My 4th time towing that trailer. The Diesel Jeep has a 6500 lb towing limit. The trailer is 24 foot, 3500 lb trailer. I had previously towed it to Lethbridge and Back the other weekend. About 1,000 km of towing on that Jeep Gladiator

There was no warning!

I was about 50/60 km into a tow to Calaway Park and all of a sudden there was Flames at my Driver side window. At the same time, cruise control cancelled, and there was a message about the Ignition needed to be serviced. I pulled over when it was safe at 1:10 pm, the Cabin was engulfed in flames at 1:15 pm

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator on fire, burned to the ground… melted jeep.JPG

Glad you got out safely! And welcome to the forum.

Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con

There was no warning!

Doesnt look good for JEEP now, glad you got out safe. Did you have a fire extinguisher?

Tacos

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon ECO Diesel
Occupation
Metal Pattern Maker
Glad you made it out okay!!! If you have time please keep us posted as to what they figure out what caused it. I see tranny is the leading suspect now...

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Looks like a fuel fire to me in the pics posted by the owner. A lot of flames on the ground,

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Pretty strange to get a “service ignition system” message on a diesel..... maybe it is referring to built in barbecue option?

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO

There was no warning!

Wow! Glad you're ok. Hopefully Jeep takes care of you real fast.

Wife's co-worker test drove a new 2021 Cherokee recently after we bought hers. They were sitting at a red light during the test drive when smoke/flames came from under the hood. The Cherokee burned down right there.

Sponsored

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
Just glad everyone is safe. Could have been worse.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
There's a heck of a lot of stuff "underneath" these things. Exhaust, fuel, transmission, on gas - cat converter, plastic lined cables, you name it.
All speculation so far - transmission? Wow, to catch fire when it's all enclosed - isn't there an over-temp warning on these automatics?
But again, all speculation. I've seen bean fields in Iowa set ablaze by hot exhaust......... did a chipmunk stash some seeds up there? Who the heck knows!
I've never seen an automatic survive heat enough to catch fire without first locking up - or slipping so badly they stopped moving.

The flames on the ground - if that's blacktop/asphalt, it would burn if there was a fuel line ruptured and dropping fuel on the ground. I know - as a prank my senior class brought in an outhouse and set it on the HS parking lot and set it on fire - the damage to the parking lot was extensive! Under certain conditions, it will burn.

But again, back to - it's all speculation until the fire marshal or other entity delivers their verdict. I'm sure insurance will want to know exactly what happened.
Sponsored