First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Not everyone has access to a good tuner like you out there. ;)
actually. Everyone does. They just come here and ask for it. Hahahaha

the complexity of the throttle mapping does make it easier to tune a centri blower, this is true. it goes back to not making any tq that has to be compensated for in the tables. ;)
Sponsored

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Jeep Gladiator Maguson supercharger installed on the Mojave, and why TVS is better than Centri 1630425953284

actually. Everyone does. They just come here and ask for it. Hahahaha

the complexity of the throttle mapping does make it easier to tune a centri blower, this is true. it goes back to not making any tq that has to be compensated for in the tables. ;)
We tune kits for repeatability and reliability. We do not require another tuner for our kits to run properly and shift properly. If you are only chasing hp numbers then we won't be your kit at this point in time. I would run a Procharger or Whipple (if they made it) with an ice box if hp was all I cared about.

I can definitely tell you our IATs are only 10 degrees above ambient while cruising where as roots style are generally in the 130s.

Which unit in the above 3 do you think holds and or dissipates more heat?

Last edited:
OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
just going to gloss over getting called out on a false accusation of a “mishap” on my kit? Dont be that guy. You made a false claim, own up to it. You may not like what I have to say, but ive done enough on this forum i think i at least deserve some respect. And i KNOW Dave has. So lets not go making false posts that would implicate or associate Dave’s tuning with an engine failure, because it simply isnt true. correct the statement.

We tune kits for repeatability and reliability.
but you cant even provide any level of thermal management data…..? Hmmm

We do not require another tuner for our kits to run properly and shift properly.
but i have no problem using Dave’s tuning. If I did, I would go with the Edelbrock, which is still a TVS unit.

If you are only chasing hp numbers then we won't be your kit at this point in time. I would run a Procharger or Whipple (if they made it) with an ice box if hp was all I cared about.
no where am i talking about “chasing” Hp. Im talking about where I get usable tq in this application for my intended purposes. ATBE, TVS makes more low end tq than a whipple by a little and more than a centri by a lot. For peak power, also consider CFM and cylinder pressure. You see high peak numbers for centri kits because they oversize the blower. And even then, they cant get the low or mid range tq a TVS can.

remember your highschool chemistry: water transfers heat upwards of 24x faster than air does. This is why AW ic’s today with pumps and reservoirs dont heat soak like “back in the day”. Its why OEM’s moved away from air cooled motors back in the day and why they are even going to them for FI applications now. so again, please give thermal data on your IAT2 readings vs IAT1 readings for maximum boost on your centri kit.

Which unit in the above 3 do you think holds and or dissipates more heat?
I think I know what you’re about to post, and I cannot put into words how much I hope it is what I think it is.

please tell us. Which one holds or dissipates more heat? And, what impact does this have?

Last edited:

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Jeep Gladiator Maguson supercharger installed on the Mojave, and why TVS is better than Centri 1630425953284

took me forever to get around to getting this installed. schedule at work for my buddy and I was crazy with lots of travel. I finally gave up and dropped the truck at Bull Run to have installed there while i was traveling. im not on the forums much these days…the ROI on my time is just not there. I try to be responsive to questions via DM, so thats generally a better way to get something answered.

bluf- would i do this again: yes. Its great to have TQ, and it drives like a big V8.

combined with @DAVECS1 tuning, it feels very Rand Rover-esque in terms of drivability. There is no feeling of build up or rush of boost. It just hits and goes. It appears I am not hitting full boost targets, and I didnt expect to on my initial file on account of the exhaust. Im sending Dave an exhaust so he can tweak the files. For there to be no drivability issues on a first cut of a tune file is amazing. So, again, hats off to Dave and his expertise.

why i chose magnuson:

there are 3 primary types of blowers used today: whipple/twinscrew, tvs, and centrifugal. of these, centrifual is the least thermally efficient and whipple the most efficient. Assuming all else is equal and appropriately sized, you get 12°IAT increase per psi with a whipple, 13° on a TVS, and 13.5-14° on a centrifugal. Centrifugals also are generally limited to air to air IC’s vs A2W. Pd blowers will make more tq, and assuming the centri isnt over sized (and many are) the peak hp is the same.

the other big advantage of the TVS over the Centri (and to a lesser extent even over the whipple) is the bottom end tq hit. Put simply- what i want out of these blowers is area under the curve and a deep well of tq, and nothing beats a TVS for that.

the other issues i have with centris is the packaging. I think hamburgers has a sealed airbox now, but i dont want to have to drop the alternator down in the engine bay of an off road vehicle.

the side car set up of the Magnuson maximizes the space available for larger blower and substantially larger intercooler brick than other designs would, so thats a plus. combine that with Sealed airbox, deep well of TQ, and stock alternator location; and its the best packaging/application for a truck imo.

next steps for me are maximizing efficiency further. AWE has built me a secondary coolant reservoir for more HX coolant, i have a high GPM pump to keep IC brick temps lower, heat wrap for the cold side lines, and a FI systems interchiller to run HX coolant through a box cooled by the AC. l

overall happy with the set up combined with Dave’s excellent tuning. I think it’s the best combination available on the market.
Looks great! Yeah, I really, really can't get comfortable with dropping the alternator (Hamburgers) at all - big red flag.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Looks great! Yeah, I really, really can't get comfortable with dropping the alternator (Hamburgers) at all - big red flag.
that and torque were my biggest issues. I can get behind someone saying they like/prefer the characteristics of a centri when you want to chase top end power. Centri’s do increase adiabatic efficiency more at higher psi than a tvs or whipple will. But you dont see much, if any, of that at this 8-10psi range. And you still have to consider you operating rpm range, and if the blower is big enough in the first place. A TVS1900 on a 6.5krpm 3.6L, the adiabatic advantage becomes theoretical.

that said, if i was convinced I wanted a centri, id wait for KraftWerks to release their kit. The Ham pushes the alternator down, and Rest In Parts & Pieces isnt what im going for either. The kraftworks is running a massive IC and i think keeps the alternator up, and runs off a secondary belt system.

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I have to be honest, a supercharger intrigues me. Before I’ve even done my homework I’m immediately turned off by the forum sponsor acting this way. You’re supposed to be professional and this ain’t it.

@KurtP

Nice build, hope you enjoy it and it’s very reliable for you. Thanks for sharing your experience.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4

took me forever to get around to getting this installed. schedule at work for my buddy and I was crazy with lots of travel. I finally gave up and dropped the truck at Bull Run to have installed there while i was traveling. im not on the forums much these days…the ROI on my time is just not there. I try to be responsive to questions via DM, so thats generally a better way to get something answered.

bluf- would i do this again: yes. Its great to have TQ, and it drives like a big V8.

combined with @DAVECS1 tuning, it feels very Rand Rover-esque in terms of drivability. There is no feeling of build up or rush of boost. It just hits and goes. It appears I am not hitting full boost targets, and I didnt expect to on my initial file on account of the exhaust. Im sending Dave an exhaust so he can tweak the files. For there to be no drivability issues on a first cut of a tune file is amazing. So, again, hats off to Dave and his expertise.

why i chose magnuson:

there are 3 primary types of blowers used today: whipple/twinscrew, tvs, and centrifugal. of these, centrifual is the least thermally efficient and whipple the most efficient. Assuming all else is equal and appropriately sized, you get 12°IAT increase per psi with a whipple, 13° on a TVS, and 13.5-14° on a centrifugal. Centrifugals also are generally limited to air to air IC’s vs A2W. Pd blowers will make more tq, and assuming the centri isnt over sized (and many are) the peak hp is the same.

the other big advantage of the TVS over the Centri (and to a lesser extent even over the whipple) is the bottom end tq hit. Put simply- what i want out of these blowers is area under the curve and a deep well of tq, and nothing beats a TVS for that.

the other issues i have with centris is the packaging. I think hamburgers has a sealed airbox now, but i dont want to have to drop the alternator down in the engine bay of an off road vehicle.

the side car set up of the Magnuson maximizes the space available for larger blower and substantially larger intercooler brick than other designs would, so thats a plus. combine that with Sealed airbox, deep well of TQ, and stock alternator location; and its the best packaging/application for a truck imo.

next steps for me are maximizing efficiency further. AWE has built me a secondary coolant reservoir for more HX coolant, i have a high GPM pump to keep IC brick temps lower, heat wrap for the cold side lines, and a FI systems interchiller to run HX coolant through a box cooled by the AC. l

overall happy with the set up combined with Dave’s excellent tuning. I think it’s the best combination available on the market.
Great looking install and thanks for the write up! This is absolutely the way I'd go too whenever the funds allow, one day ha!

I've wanted this style supercharger on one of my trucks for almost 2 decades ha, starting with the TRD superchargers on Tundras/4Runners/Tacomas and now the Gladiator.... it shall be mine soon too.

Keep us posted with any developments and enjoy!

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
This EXACTLY.

Coming in shrill posting your wares on some one else's post abought what they like and why, reeks of desperation to prove your product.... when no one was asking.

I have to be honest, a supercharger intrigues me. Before I’ve even done my homework I’m immediately turned off by the forum sponsor acting this way. You’re supposed to be professional and this ain’t it.

@KurtP

Nice build, hope you enjoy it and it’s very reliable for you. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
This EXACTLY.

Coming in shrill posting your wares on some one else's post abought what they like and why, reeks of desperation to prove your product.... when no one was asking.
Yep, bad business.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The Hamburger hardware is not bad at all. it is a good compressor. Out of the centrifugal offerings it is the one I would pick. Properly cooled and fueled It will make for a very smooth driving experience without much work. If I was tuning it. I would loosen up the converter tables and allow the trans output shaft speeds to elevate much higher than stock.

It is a solid choice.

The current crop of positive forced induction blowers are off the charts awesome. They do heat soak, but with modern controls and pumps, the things you can do with them is just off the charts cool. I just finished driving my dads 2017 C7 Z06 corvette on Hot Rod Power Tour for the long haul. It can literally drive like a normal car in 7-8 gear most of the time knocking down 30 mpg. then as you lean into it the controls regulate the throttle so the power comes on like your squeezing a magic bottle. and all the sudden triple digits with a glorious whistle is happening. The car has not even his 5K RPM yet.

The twisted rotors with air to water intercoolers, make for super efficient compressors and the computer controlled bypass is to die for. With the bypass you can bleed boost or rotor drag in an instant. then when you ready, close the valve and let it eat.

Here is a log from my latest calibration. This is a 4 mile climb on the interstate. Pretty decent incline. I use boost to keep it in 7th gear and pull my 35s the whole way. As you can see near the end of the pull I am at 106 degrees and ambient was 91 degrees F that day.

no need to bash anyones stuff. Really the win win is to work together and untangle the shit show handed to us by Jeep, LOL.

Boost IATs.png

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation

edit- forgot to add during the part disucssing pro charger thermal photos: i question why they chose a thermal picture over displaying what the temps were for: engine coolant, ic coolant before after, iat1&2 before/after, and engine oil temp. If the goal was to prove cooler temps, the data was available that would have shown it.

@itsdapk

Last edited:

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
The Hamburger hardware is not bad at all. it is a good compressor. Out of the centrifugal offerings it is the one I would pick. Properly cooled and fueled It will make for a very smooth driving experience without much work. If I was tuning it. I would loosen up the converter tables and allow the trans output shaft speeds to elevate much higher than stock.

It is a solid choice.

The current crop of positive forced induction blowers are off the charts awesome. They do heat soak, but with modern controls and pumps, the things you can do with them is just off the charts cool. I just finished driving my dads 2017 C7 Z06 corvette on Hot Rod Power Tour for the long haul. It can literally drive like a normal car in 7-8 gear most of the time knocking down 30 mpg. then as you lean into it the controls regulate the throttle so the power comes on like your squeezing a magic bottle. and all the sudden triple digits with a glorious whistle is happening. The car has not even his 5K RPM yet.

The twisted rotors with air to water intercoolers, make for super efficient compressors and the computer controlled bypass is to die for. With the bypass you can bleed boost or rotor drag in an instant. then when you ready, close the valve and let it eat.

Here is a log from my latest calibration. This is a 4 mile climb on the interstate. Pretty decent incline. I use boost to keep it in 7th gear and pull my 35s the whole way. As you can see near the end of the pull I am at 106 degrees and ambient was 91 degrees F that day.

no need to bash anyones stuff. Really the win win is to work together and untangle the shit show handed to us by Jeep, LOL.

Jeep Gladiator Maguson supercharger installed on the Mojave, and why TVS is better than Centri Boost IATs
I appreciate your insight and knowledge and agree that working together and being respectful is the best possible outcome.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
thanks for that info kurt.i just installed a magnuson this weekend for obvious reasons :) .and i would also have to say dave is wealth of knowledge and he is ready to help.
Jeep Gladiator Maguson supercharger installed on the Mojave, and why TVS is better than Centri hella iso
Jeep Gladiator Maguson supercharger installed on the Mojave, and why TVS is better than Centri hella iso

looks great!
Sponsored