What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

redman43

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S MaxTow White
Installed Mopar AUX switches last weekend (minor PITA getting through the firewall) but ended up with an ESS error and A! Light on the dash. Spent some time today chasing that down.

All 5 fuses for the switches were fine. All other fuses were fine. Turned out to be the connector supplied in the kit that’s installed in the passenger footwell. Removed it from the install and the light on the dash is now gone.

Enabled the switches with Tazer Mini and everything appears to function as expected.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I finished torqueing my control arms and track bars after installing AEV 2” spacer lift and Rock Hard rear LCA skids and rotating tires. Stock Falken A/Ts were cupping pretty bad in the front.

Had to tap my rear sway bar nut after stripping the bolt and losing it (think I put wrong one in). I deferred putting in the front Rock Hard LCA skids and track bar/TB brace. Too tired, I gotta admit this was a hard project!

question - how do I torque the Rock Krawler track bar jam nut when I put it in? I don’t have a vice. Not sure if I can install it and torque on it with it installed? Don’t want to bend the frame bracket, though may be ok after putting in TB brace first?

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Pros? How do you like them?
No just the Sport. I'm sure the pros are way brighter. But I'll find out how they do tonight. Simple install. Must have the right bracket for stock bumper. There are a couple different styles. I have the flat brackets. There are also offset ones.

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Installed the AEV 2” spacer lift and Moper 2” lift LCAs. I’m gonna have to pick up a new torque wrench for the front LCAs. My current torque wrench only goes to 150 ft-lbs. New wheels/tires should be arriving Tuesday….

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 87C3C0B3-2A41-4781-BDA7-CDA4B14820CF

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I got up underneath my Jeep today, and put some paint on some of my scratches/rust from my recent adventure.

I didnt expect to see rust popping up so fast.

Sponsored

O-Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
This weekend's project...
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20210903_222301761.MP

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20210905_015650205.MP

I also added some A-pillar lights (Auxbeam) but didn't take a pic of them. The smaller fusebox was installed for items that need a constant 12v source. I have to say that it really cleaned up the battery connections. The Voswitch was a really easy install but I did put the cabling through the firewall rather than pinching it between the windshield per the instructions. These projects were done as more of a future-proofing to make upcoming installs much easier to install.

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Washed, clay barred, and applied Adam's Graphene Ceramic Spray. Not quite the real pro ceramic application, but it turned out nice. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures before I started. I've only had the truck for a year, and I'm surprised how much grit the clay had removed. There was quite a bit of grime imbedded into the clearcoat. The Adam's spray did okay on some plastic parts, like the hood vents and side mirrors, but it didn't do anything to the plastic cowl piece below the wipers. I used Car Guys plastic restorer for most other parts.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210905_181254

The hard tonneau cover was badly faded. I tried Adam's, Turtle Wax ceramic spray, Armor All, Shine Armor, Meguiar's carnuba wax, Nu Finish, Car Guys, polishing compound, etc. The only thing that made a difference was the Rust-oleum Recolor (the most expensive per volume).
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210905_181412

Before (part of it applied towards the cab):
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210905_174855

After:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210905_181340

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Washed, clay barred, and applied Adam's Graphene Ceramic Spray. Not quite the real pro ceramic application, but it turned out nice. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures before I started. I've only had the truck for a year, and I'm surprised how much grit the clay had removed. There was quite a bit of grime imbedded into the clearcoat. The Adam's spray did okay on some plastic parts, like the hood vents and side mirrors, but it didn't do anything to the plastic cowl piece below the wipers. I used Car Guys plastic restorer for most other parts.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210905_181340

The hard tonneau cover was badly faded. I tried Adam's, Turtle Wax ceramic spray, Armor All, Shine Armor, Meguiar's carnuba wax, Nu Finish, Car Guys, polishing compound, etc. The only thing that made a difference was the Rust-oleum Recolor (the most expensive per volume).

Before (part of it applied towards the cab):

After:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V57GQGQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ive been REALLY impressed with this stuff for my plastics. Made a huge difference in the look of the plastics.

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10