Wranglers don't wave

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
I wave at all Wranglers (except Angry Eyes). Over the last few years, my dislike of that has become worse. Getting old I guess (hey you kids, get off my lawn). So, I don't wave at what I don't like, oh well. Maybe some owners don't like the JT so they don't wave.
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I wave at all Wranglers (except Angry Eyes). Over the last few years, my dislike of that has become worse. Getting old I guess (hey you kids, get off my lawn). So, I don't wave at what I don't like, oh well. Maybe some owners don't like the JT so they don't wave.
I bet JL and JK wranglers are saying “I wave at all Jeeps except the fake ones with the truck bed on the back”.

It’s funny though, I remember when the 4 door Jeeps came out... I had a 2 door wrangler At the time and remember thinking, man that thing just doesn’t look right! They are long, ugly and doesn’t look right unless you change out the tires and wheels and preferably put on a lift.

So here We are again with the JTs. Give it five years, they will be the “cool” vehicle over the other Jeeps. And let’s be real, JLs and JT rubicons.. can they climb over some rocks? Yes. But can they really compete with the short wheel base of the the two doors? Not a chance.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
I bet JL and JK wranglers are saying “I wave at all Jeeps except the fake ones with the truck bed on the back”.

It’s funny though, I remember when the 4 door Jeeps came out... I had a 2 door wrangler At the time and remember thinking, man that thing just doesn’t look right! They are long, ugly and doesn’t look right unless you change out the tires and wheels and preferably put on a lift.

So here We are again with the JTs. Give it five years, they will be the “cool” vehicle over the other Jeeps. And let’s be real, JLs and JT rubicons.. can they climb over some rocks? Yes. But can they really compete with the short wheel base of the the two doors? Not a chance.
Truth! My 2door JKR would go anywhere. Many times we found ourselves off of the orv route, and deep into the orv trails that we technically/legally were not supposed to be on.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truth! My 2door JKR would go anywhere. Many times we found ourselves off of the orv route, and deep into the orv trails that we technically/legally were not supposed to be on.
I might eventually get another 2 door JKR for sheer off road capability. The gladiator is perfect for over-landing, and mix of daily life use, but rock crawling... Nope. Def the reason I chose to go with the max tow vs Rubi.

4son8ur

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
still in my 2011 Wrangler JKU till either Sat or Mon then take Delivery on my 2020 JT Sport... i wave at Wranglers, JTs and even Trail Hawks if they look like they are in the life......

Sponsored

OP
OP

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

Nobody has said the JT is superior to a two door off road.
Can a two door tow 7000 lbs? Not a chance. Lol

4son8ur

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase

If the Lid comes off it is a real Jeep...lol

Donato

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (current), 2013 Wrangler (sold)
My JT is still being built... I'm still driving my modded JK 2dr. I wave at other modded jeeps (wranglers, JT, cherokees) but if its stock i wont bother unless i notice them wave first. Far too many people that are completely oblivious or unaware of the wave.

I dont think that the lack of a wave is a choice though. I can barely tell a JL and JT apart until I'm nearly beside them

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
My JT is still being built... I'm still driving my modded JK 2dr. I wave at other modded jeeps (wranglers, JT, cherokees) but if its stock i wont bother unless i notice them wave first. Far too many people that are completely oblivious or unaware of the wave.

I dont think that the lack of a wave is a choice though. I can barely tell a JL and JT apart until I'm nearly beside them
I'm not sure how ANYone could be oblivious to the wave. They have to be thinking "all these people think they know me"!

Some people are just turds. But I can tell you I've scrambled to shoot up a wave after not paying attention and seeing I missed a waver. Hate when that happens.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I usually cant even see the driver inside the vehicle to see if they are waving until we are passing each other. When focusing on the road with traffic it is often hard to even catch another Jeep (as in notice one given they are so prevelant - you often look over them)

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
this happens to me too. I have an accord for my daily driver, and I see them all week. When I drive my JT on the weekend, I never see any!
Glad to know I am not the only one this happens to.

I think the Jeep is a soccer mom mobile now as well, so wave is fading. It more of a not wave to a JT thing around my town. I could drive past same person in my neighborhood with my JK and they be waving. get in the JT get nothing
So true, I see so many of them that look like that. All 4 doors, with color matched hard tops of course. Doors that have probably never come off such a sad site. Never gotten a wave from them, but always get one from the guys in the two door soft tops

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody has said the JT is superior to a two door off road.
Can a two door tow 7000 lbs? Not a chance. Lol
I was implying that some are getting the gladiator rubicon and building to go rocking. They aren’t really made for that.. the two door is!

The 7650 towing is why I haven’t bought a Jeep in the last 10 years, the 3500 towing capacity of the others wasn’t just enough... I was hype when the high towing specs came out on the gladiator!

My bet is the JL and gladiator sales will be close in 5 years.

APTOutdoors

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aptoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator - Punk'n, 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Dover Grey Metallic
Occupation
Sys Admin
If the Lid comes off it is a real Jeep...lol
My Grand Wagoneer takes exception to that ;). I don't care though, happy to be in CO where there's a ton of Jeeps on the road, even if half are mall crawlers.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I wave at obviously modified jeeps unless they have angry grills and older jeeps because I expect those people might actually be looking .TJs just hit older for me

back in the day people were driving SWB jeeps out of love because commuting in a horse might have been a more refined ride. Now people have legitimate sound systems, tolerable sound deadening, quiet rides and a lots of distractions.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
I wave at obviously modified jeeps unless they have angry grills and older jeeps because I expect those people might actually be looking .TJs just hit older for me

back in the day people were driving SWB jeeps out of love because commuting in a horse might have been a more refined ride. Now people have legitimate sound systems, tolerable sound deadening, quiet rides and a lots of distractions.
Lol, wut? Unless the JL has the same sound system as the JT, tolerable and sound system don't belong in the same breath. One of my biggest bitches about spending $30k + on a JK was the absolute trash of a sound system it had. I've been pleasantly surprised with the JT. You shouldn't have to spend extra for an Alpine sound system just to hear the radio with the window down.
Sponsored