Sponsored

Wranglers don't wave

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I got my first Jeep Wave last weekend. The day before I found myself directly next to a white Gladiator Rubicon. I tried to wave at the guy, but it's like he was intentionally ignoring the fact that I too was in a Gladiator.

On my way to work, I'm almost always in the dark or driving into the Sun. So I can't tell if people are waving at me. On my way home from work, I'm almost always driving into the Sun. So, same situation. I can't tell if people are waving or not.
Sponsored

Msnthrp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Kinda 50/50 here in this area-- Although if your JT is all Churched up with a lift and tires, bumpers etc then you are more likely to get the wave- at least from others with said mods..:like:

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Definitely a regional thing, i'd say its 50/50 in pennsylvania

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
My 10 minute drive from the interstate to my house yesterday, I had 6 out of 7 waves.

honestly it’s hit and miss most the time and I’m in Colorado... lots of jeeps everywhere here. It gets to be a big distraction most the time.
I was going to say something similar...I usually get a wave about 80% of the time. The times I don't get a wave...typically female drivers. It doesn't bug me at all. Colorado people catch on to the trends pretty fast though...I think that explains the high volume of waves I've gotten. It was the same when I was in my Subaru STi...got the Suby wave a lot.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
I ride a motorcycle too. Most always flash the sign then and most always wave in the JT (and when I had Wranglers). I really don't care if they don't reciprocate as they could be focused on something else or didn't see me or don't wave for whatever reason. I'm acknowledging that I consider them part of the brotherhood/sisterhood! If you let things like this bug you, you're letting insignificant people control your feelings and that makes for a miserable life! IMHO....

Sponsored

deanmc

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
No such thing here in NY. I got 1 wave in the month I've owned the jt and there are jeeps everywhere. On my harleys however 90 of bikers wave. maybe more.
True. I'm in NY as well. Frankly I'm glad, after the last ten years driving Wranglers I got sick of the wave, you pass a Jeep every two minutes here.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
True. I'm in NY as well. Frankly I'm glad, after the last ten years driving Wranglers I got sick of the wave, you pass a Jeep every two minutes here.
Ironic FCA decided to have the Jeep Wave program when because the Jeep is so prevalent owners mostly stopped waving.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Real Jeepers wave! Only those that have Mall Crawlers dont... but they do wave at Landrovers and Hummers!!!! :LOL:

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Has anyone else noticed that for the most part Wranglers don't wave back? When I was in the 17 JKUR seemed like most Wranglers waved. Now hardly any return waves.
NY/NJ everyone paying attention returns. My wife on the other hand calls it a truck and do not want to drive it unlike the JK that went back in...

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never had any issues with waves in my truck. It’s no different than my wrangler.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I sprained my wrist from returning waves here in Idaho, Even the Taco's are waving.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

D87215AE-790B-4E25-81A1-3005EE46561E.jpeg

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I wave - if I get one in return all the better if not I chalk it up to focused driving. But don't have much patience for the cell phone user (wave or not)
I live by a college campus - lots of kids seem to have them generally don't get waves from them.
Sponsored