Sponsored

rchandler341

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have a little over 11K miles on the EcoDiesel so far. Absolutely love it! I only have a small enclosed trailer but we have a pop-up camper that we use when Overlanding. The mileage does take a hit for sure. Around 5mpg with the camper on. But I can still pull mountain passes here in Utah easily. I waited a few years for the Jeep Diesel Truck. Once it came out I ordered it and have been in love ever since.

Here is a fuel usage sheet that I have been keeping up.
Sponsored

Attachments

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Dirt :clap:
Just offer something Earthy non-metallic like Tank, Commando, pretty much any tan/beige/brown will work fine for me. It's been a while since they had one, hopefully 2022 they will bring something like that back. (would have ordered Gator or Gobi last year, but they drug their feet making the diesel available :facepalm:)
i had a gobi jk... that color was the shit

maddocmuc

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase
Great review. I am at 2.000 mls. No offroad yet. Mileage started with 19 mpg and a very calm sound of the engine.
meanwhile I am at 25 mpg and the sound has changes to a very nice and deep hoarse growl. Would rebuy in an instant. 80 th edition, bigger wheels and no rise.

JDawg11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
I’m at 3k and absolutely love mine. This is my 9th Jeep and second Gladiator. My first had the RIPP on the Pentastar. Worse gas mileage ever and couldn’t hold a tune due to self learning trans. I just installed the new Banks Darringer and couldn’t remotely be happier. It is a beast on steroids now. Highly recommend.

Flemrock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self
Updated with link to build:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...rus_rex-2021-jtr-diesel-build-overland.36039/

I was going to do a 15k review, but then I put another 1k on it this past weekend! Lol. Anyhow...let's get into it.

First: POWER.
It is absolutely incredible with its torque delivery. With all of the weight/modifications I've added to this thing, it simply doesn't seem to care. It still pulls like it did when it was stock. Now that's saying something. Typically as we add all kinds of gadgets to the gas engine Jeeps, they really start to feel it. MPG's go down, get-up-and-go speed goes down, passing on the highway...forget it. Then you're forced ro regear. With the EcoDiesel?...nah. Keep on truckin (Jeepin truckin). Not to mention hearing that turbo spool...its a beautiful sound.

Second: HANDLING
I LOVE the way it rides. I've got just a 2" Mopar lift on here (Fox shocks on all 4 corners), and a crap ton of added weight and terrible aerodynamics....and it still drives phenomenally. The steering is tight, it stays in the lane well, and if I air down just a little bit off road...I can mob through the desert pretty quick. Now on that note...I do hit bumpstops up front quite often...so I'm going to change that up in the future. I'm thinking some of those fancy Mojave ones. Or aftermarket. Not too sure, yet.

Third: OFFROAD
SHEESH! This thing is incredible. Even on the rocks. Of course...yes, the breakover is basura. We know that. But if you go into your obstacle acknowledging that fact, it's cake. A piece of crumb cake. 4hi and Offroad+???? Dear lord...words can't even explain my smile. Something like the Grinch when he's up to no good. 4LO...Jesus ***** ******* Christ. You just have to try it yourself...I can't even explain. This thing is just a beast. Natch, it's not a rock crawler. But it will crawl some big rocks with a good line and some nerves.

Anyhow... after 16,000+ miles on this Jeep since October, I can definitely say that I'm more than happy, and I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
Hey, I'm pretty new the wheeling world and I have 3K on my 2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel (no lift year). I share your joy. Can you clarify what you mean by "Now on that note...I do hit bumpstops up front quite often...so I'm going to change that up in the future. I'm thinking some of those fancy Mojave ones. Or aftermarket. Not too sure, yet." Also I am looking for 2-2.5 inch lift. Sounds like you are pretty happy with the Mopar kit. Thanks for any feedback!

Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I'd buy one now if they came out with Gobi again.

Fully spec'd diesel JT rubicon. I would not even be able to sign my name as fast as I'd jump on ordering that .
Same. Color pain train is real. 🚂🚂woo woo.

TheGerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
IT
JTRD with 3k miles. Just did a round trip from Richmond/VA to Youngstown/OH last weekend. ~27.3 mpg for the way up to OH, and 24.6mpg on the way back. I got a M416 trailer in OH and towed it back home with obeying the 65mph speed limit for the trailer. At no point in time did I felt the trailer, had to check a few times if it even was still there.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Hey, I'm pretty new the wheeling world and I have 3K on my 2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel (no lift year). I share your joy. Can you clarify what you mean by "Now on that note...I do hit bumpstops up front quite often...so I'm going to change that up in the future. I'm thinking some of those fancy Mojave ones. Or aftermarket. Not too sure, yet." Also I am looking for 2-2.5 inch lift. Sounds like you are pretty happy with the Mopar kit. Thanks for any feedback!
If you’re dead set on the Mopar 2” lift, I have one if you want to swap for your Rubicon springs+shocks + $$$…. I’m in MA, depending on how close you are in VT, feel free to ping me if you’re interested

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Man I am jealous of the diesel, I’ll be ordering a JT once the 2022 builds come out. But my anxiety just can’t get passed something failing on all the emissions equipment. 😬

Sponsored

GRDIESEL

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Great review! I'm all in as well, I had a gas colorado before and there is no comparison. This diesel doesn't care about weight. It just pulls. The boat runs about 5500 lbs and the RPMs just sit at 2k on the highway. No complaints from me.

JT and Boat.jpg

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT-R
Are you guys maintaining 8th gear while running down the highway with larger tires and added weight (or even towing within reason)? I've read several reviews that seem to have notes like "why is it downshifting", which would honestly surprise me as well? Just looking for some actual user feedback and not magazine reviews... Thanks!

Jeep Gladiator 16,000 mile EcoDiesel Gladiator review 2021-05-27_8-56-55

Wageslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 GC Overland, '21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Just running empty, mine stays in 8th unless I am on a 5% grade or more or I stab the throttle. Torque for days.

JeepBeerSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Comms
Are you guys maintaining 8th gear while running down the highway with larger tires and added weight (or even towing within reason)? I've read several reviews that seem to have notes like "why is it downshifting", which would honestly surprise me as well? Just looking for some actual user feedback and not magazine reviews... Thanks!

Jeep Gladiator 16,000 mile EcoDiesel Gladiator review 2021-05-27_8-56-55
On the highways I can pass in 8th. You just roll on the throttle and the jeep goes
Sponsored