Sponsored

2018 JLU shows production design. What would you like shared with the JT?

mid_south_rzr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford F-150 V8 4x2 & 2011 Jeep WK2 V6 4x4
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Here is the Gladiator's competition comparison in wheelbase and bed length.
All the factory numbers from GM, Toyota, and Ford (AU). The Gladiator's numbers are just estimations.

36295383983_1ffd7ba5d4_o.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokieneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR
All the factory numbers from GM, Toyota, and Ford (AU). The Gladiator's numbers are just estimations.

36295383983_1ffd7ba5d4_o.jpg
That is some great info! These are going to be fun head to head matchups. This thing can't come fast enough!

ZMB KLR

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32
New guy here :)

This will be my first jeep. Always wanted one and I've needed a pickup for a long time and kept holding out in case this actually ever did happen. Glad I did.

I'll be honest, not loving that body line down the length of the sides, but the renders which were pretty spot on for the unlimited show a flat panel like the JK for the truck. Also don't like the vent behind the fenders and read conflicting stories which it will be. Isn't going to sway me either way though.

I really hope we get some color options like OD green, slate blue, or tan.

A 4 door is a must have for me.

Don't overlook some possibilities that the jeep could have over the competition. The top will be removable, and more than likely the back. What's stopping them from lining the back of the rear seats, folding them down, and making that a decent extended bed?

Last edited:

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe

Can you scale a 2018 Ridgeline for comparisons sake? The RL has the largest cab of the midsizes and I am hoping the JT will have a larger comparable back seat. Based off the scaling, it doesn't seem likely.

mid_south_rzr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Scaling up the body-on-frame JT Gladiator to the unibody Ridgeline. From the front driver door line to the back of the cab (bed gap) the Ridgeline is 7" longer. Where the Gladiator's cab is almost center from the length of the hood & front bumper, same as the length of the bed. The Ridgeline's cab is more forward where the hood is short but the bed is longer and doesn't have much of a front bumper. Both have a long bed hangover behind the rear wheels.

36352245453_a5cf813947_o.jpg

Sponsored

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Scaling up the body-on-frame JT Gladiator to the unibody Ridgeline. From the front driver door line to the back of the cab (bed gap) the Ridgeline is 7" longer. Where the Gladiator's cab is almost center from the length of the hood & front bumper, same as the length of the bed. The Ridgeline's cab is more forward where the hood is short but the bed is longer and doesn't have much of a front bumper. Both have a long bed hangover behind the rear wheels.

36352245453_a5cf813947_o.jpg
mid_south_rzr thanks so much for doing this scaling. It's cool to see the side by side comparison.

If possible could you do one with a F-150 Super Crew? That is my current truck and would love to see how it compares to the JT.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
mid_south_rzr great job! Can you provide the numbers for the cab sizes? as it would be interesting to compare interior size with the other mid-size trucks.

CHUX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two old Chevys that need replacing
Probably mentioned before, but it's the first time I noticed drip rails on the top. Do JK's have them? Good for rack attachments.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
The JK had drip rails, but only over the windows. The JL & JT look like they'll have full length rails.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Thanks, little disappointed in how much larger the RL cab is, as well as the bed on the RL being 3 inches longer. Different purpose trucks though...

Sponsored

mid_south_rzr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
mid_south_rzr thanks so much for doing this scaling. It's cool to see the side by side comparison.

If possible could you do one with a F-150 Super Crew? That is my current truck and would love to see how it compares to the JT.
What year model F-150?

mid_south_rzr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
2013 F-150 XLT Super Crew. 5.5ft bed.

Thanks !!!
The backseat of Ford F-Series SuperCrew can't be beat! The full-size trucks of the F-Series, particularly the Super Duty was going to be my next truck, to replace my 2002 F-150. But 1. I can't do a $800+ monthly payment. 2. In Arkansas, they are doing their best to banned recreational ATVs & UTVs riding from the National Forest (except for hunting), but Jeeps are still ok to use for off-roading because they are street legal.

37046279911_9704a90314_o.jpg

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the that!!!!

Based on those it looks like the JT has 15" less interior room :(

EDIT: Just realized you where measuring to back of the rear doors and not full cab length. So there might not be that big of a difference as most of the others have the doors all go all the way back to the back of the cab where the JT has rear doors do not.
Sponsored

Last edited: